Old 09-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/206/160

Height: 5'7

Default Not enough carbs :(

Hello friends....today is Day One and I have all my meals planned out. I seem to be struggling JUST to get to the norm 22 net carbs. I am tracking everything on MyFitnessPal so I make sure I stay on track. I am subtracting fiber and sugar from my carbs to get my total net carbs. After a whole day of eating, I am only getting about 16 net carbs. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or what but I am already eating many calories. Any suggestions?

Bfast- 2 scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bacon
Snack 1- 1 string cheese
Lunch- 4 cups of spring mix (lettuce) w/ jicama, 1 oz of cheese, 6 oz of chicken breast, 1 boiled egg.
Snack 2- 1 string cheese
Dinner- 6 oz baked tilapia, 2 cups of brocolli

100 ounces of water
45 mins of boot camp
mperkows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Michelle,

Atkins Induction is 20 net carbs per day with 12-15 coming from veggies & salads on the acceptable foods list.

Net carbs are calculated by subtracting dietary fiber from total carbs. For example, if something has 4 total carbs per serving and 2 carbs of dietary fiber, the net carbs would be 2. Do not subtract sugar.

Hope this helps.

All the best to you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/206/160

Height: 5'7

That makes more sense JerseyGyrl. I was subtracting sugar also so my numbers look about right now. Thank you for clarifying things for me
mperkows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Don't get discouraged, your menu looks fine. Kim is right on in her calculations. You'll get the hang of this, it can take some time if you're new to carb counting
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote