Old 07-29-2014, 02:06 PM   #1  
jessie

S/C/G: 274.6 / see ticker / 190

Height: 5'7"

Default Dr appointment

Well I got my labs back from the Dr. and while I thought they were awesome she pointed out to me that my A1C of 5.7 along with the fact that I was a gestational diabetic with my first child (increasing my chance of becoming a diabetic by 49%) and the fact that long spaces in between meals or in the morning sometimes makes me shaky shows Hypoglycemia and a precursor to possible diabetes later in life. Well yuck I am a nurse and I know what that means and I will be damned if I can change it and don't. So now feeling kinda scared and very awake to what is going on with my body I have a new motivation and purpose in this journey. I am also iron deficient anemic slightly but so was my mom so I expected that... everything else looked great including my lipids!!!! I can do this, for myself, my wife, our future, our children and grandbabies.... I have to look temptation in the eye and not give in.... my life depends on it.
:d ust:

Last edited by jessiegreene; 07-29-2014 at 02:11 PM.
jessiegreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

That's a scary thing for sure- diabetes terrifies me. Good for you for making the changes for yourself and your loved ones!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

The great thing, is you're already taking steps to fix this!! Keep it up and you can totally do it!
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:01 AM   #4  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Jessie.. I am so sorry that you had bad news ... But You are taking care of yourself and you know what to do! Gosh that is a gift by itself to be self aware! We are here for you and will encourage you (Or kick your butt if permission given) to keep you being the healthiest you can be!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:40 AM   #5  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

Jessie - you are already moving in the right direction...just keep going!! Family is a great motivator!!! Best wishes!! Lulu NH
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:48 AM   #6  
jessie

S/C/G: 274.6 / see ticker / 190

Height: 5'7"

thanks for all the support ladies, I have always wondered about this possibility and it is good to have answers and know prevention so yea, im looking at it as a positive thing... of course you may kick my but.. lol... the accountability to me is so important here, that's why even on bad days and/or gains I post cause it helps keep it real!!!
jessiegreene is offline   Reply With Quote