3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   What are you eating today? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/297882-what-you-eating-today.html)

kcandponies 07-17-2014 11:25 AM

What are you eating today?

Not going to post my menu here daily, but thought it would help if some others posted their menu for the day and see if I can get meal ideas from others, and pinpoint areas that might be tripping me up.

Today:
Breakfast: Quest cookie dough protein bar (net 4 carbs)
I try to avoid these but missed the cafeteria hours and it was the only thing at work I had
Lunch - Romaine with chicken breast, a few grape tomatoes and Maple Grove farm sugar free balsalmic dressing
Dinner - Probably grated zucchini and squash baked with eggs and cheese

MonteCristo 07-17-2014 11:40 AM

Breakfast - 2 bacon egg & cheese - 2 Net Carbs
Lunch - 3 low carb meatballs with cheese, 7oz broccoli with 1.5tblsp butter - 8 Net Carbs
Snack - 1c bell pepper, 1/4c almonds & cashews - 10 Net Carbs
Dinner - pizza quiche - 2 Net Carbs

Ali06 07-18-2014 01:13 PM

Monte - do you have a reciepe for the pizza quiche - sounds yummy :)

pamhoff805 07-18-2014 10:24 PM

Today, I had 2 eggs and 2 bacon in the morning.
For lunch I had a very thin piece of Dave's insanity bread with 2 Tbsp peanut butter and 1 Tbsp sf strawberry jelly. (just wasn't very hungry)
Snack, I had 1 cup of fresh cherries.
Dinner: Personal Pizza made with a low carb tortilla, italian sausage, pepperoni, onion, g-pepper, moz cheese. Ate 3/4 of it (I got full)

I really need to work some veggies in, but I'm just not that hungry to squeeze a salad in too. Tomrrow, I'm not going to be home most of the day so I'm planning on having a big salad out for dinner and hopefully, some kind of protein on it.

MonteCristo 07-18-2014 10:35 PM

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/misc...za-quiche.html

Pizza quiche recipe.

kcandponies 07-21-2014 09:59 AM

Health screening at work this week, my cholesterol is high - 225 and my LDL is very high - 160.
Guess I am worried about eating full fat cheese, bacon and eggs nearly everyday. Feels counter- intuitive.....I am only 37, don't want to have a heart attack! But days I try to keep the fat/cholesterol down, I don't get many calories and feel hungry.
I am going to cut down the bacon to weekends only. I only eat beef once a week. I can't cut out cheese, but I will keep it to 1 ounce a day. Any other suggestions?

MonteCristo 07-21-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcandponies (Post 5044035)
Health screening at work this week, my cholesterol is high - 225 and my LDL is very high - 160.
Guess I am worried about eating full fat cheese, bacon and eggs nearly everyday. Feels counter- intuitive.....I am only 37, don't want to have a heart attack! But days I try to keep the fat/cholesterol down, I don't get many calories and feel hungry.
I am going to cut down the bacon to weekends only. I only eat beef once a week. I can't cut out cheese, but I will keep it to 1 ounce a day. Any other suggestions?

It is really hard to say. It seems to me that cholesteral is dependant more on genetics that diet. My family can eat bacon and eggs covered in cheese at every meal, and will still have low cholesterol. Other people can never eat a bad thing in their life and still have high. Has yours always been high, or did it jump up following Atkins?

pamhoff805 07-21-2014 11:10 AM

I agree that family genetics are pretty strong in this area. I'm wondering how long you have been eating this way and if it's had time to have an effect in lowering your numbers. Maybe try to get more healthy fats in such as olive oil, coconut oil, avocado and stay away from the saturated fats so much and get tested again in a few weeks.

NavyMommy 07-21-2014 11:31 AM

B: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon
L: Salad w/lettuce, onion, peppers, turkey and a little cheese with Ranch
D: Baked fish with broccoli and butter

Drinks: 1 cup coffee w/ splash heavy cream, LOTS of water (I drink a ton of water so this isn't a problem)

Snacks: Sliced veggies (cucumber, peppers, onion) with Ranch, maybe 1 cheese stick

JerseyGyrl 07-21-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Kcandponies,

Since you are asking for suggestions, here's mine:)
Educate yourself about cholesterol. Go to YouTube and type in cholesterol myth. MANY videos will come up, the majority of them are from Dr's. I would also suggest reading The Great Cholesterol Con by Dr. Malcolm Kendrick.
Following Atkins by the book as it was written by Dr. Atkins, most people have greatly reduced their cholesterol and triglyceride levels. That being said, it does typically take a few months for this to happen.
Hope this helps:)
All the best to you!!

jessiegreene 07-21-2014 02:22 PM

B: 3 eggs fried in butter, tea with 1 pkg splenda and tablespoon coconut oil

L: grilled pork and 3/4 cup sliced cucumbers and radishes with 2 bites cubed tomato dipped in ranch.

D: grilled chicken rest of sliced veggies and tomato (cup and a half ish)

Snack, 3 protein balls (hamburger, ground pork, ground turkey & 2 eggs with spices, boiled in 3/4 inch balls) great way to curb hunger

4 X 20 oz bottles H2O

cheddahcat 07-21-2014 02:44 PM

Breakfast: oitflakes cereal,milk coffee

Lunch: Greek style fat free coconut yogurt with
Special K granola ( cranberries and vanilla with pumpkin seeds)
Sliced cucumber and tomato

Dinner: roast chicken breast, 1/2 portion new potatoes with garlic and
Brown roll.

Snacks: 1/2 portion garlic/ jalapeρo stuffed olives
Pink lady apple
Orange

JerseyGyrl 07-21-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Meant to post this link earlier.
http://highsteaks.com/cholesterol/#mortalitychart

kcandponies 07-21-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl (Post 5044271)
Meant to post this link earlier.
http://highsteaks.com/cholesterol/#mortalitychart

Thanks Kim!!!
I have not been 100% on plan until recently, and my cholesterol has been slowly climbing over the past 3 years. It had been right at 200.....I have to look at my results from earlier this year, but I know they were a little lower than this week's.
I will give it some more time and check again. I really hadn't been exercising much and am trying to do better. I know lowering my weight will help too. For now, going to make bacon a special occasion and plan more avocado and olives in my diet.

kcandponies 07-21-2014 04:35 PM

Menu today:

B: 2 eggs, 2 bacon
L: chopped turkey breast with avocado and mayo over romaine
D: tofu with sauteed mushrooms and yellow squash
S: GNC Total lean shake, if needed after pilates

1-hour Pilates class

NavyMommy 07-21-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 5044090)
B: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon
L: Salad w/lettuce, onion, peppers, turkey and a little cheese with Ranch
D: Baked fish with broccoli and butter

Drinks: 1 cup coffee w/ splash heavy cream, LOTS of water (I drink a ton of water so this isn't a problem)

Snacks: Sliced veggies (cucumber, peppers, onion) with Ranch, maybe 1 cheese stick

Ugh, best laid plans and all that. Spend most of the afternoon at the doctors so didn't get home for lunch and I was so glad I had thrown a Quest bar in the car. Moved my chef salad to dinner and added extra spinach to make up for not having veggies with lunch.

MonteCristo 07-22-2014 01:13 PM

Breakfast: Pizza Quiche, lg hot tea with sweet'n'low - 3NC
Lunch: 1 italian sausage cooked in marinara sauce, 6oz broccoli with butter - 10NC
Snack: 1c bell pepper - 6NC
Dinner: 2 egg omlette with bacon, cheese and picante sauce, 1/2c blueberres - 7NC
TOTAL: 26 NC

I'm adding in berries starting this week, but left my NC at 25 for now.

As a note, Rao Marinara sauce is absolutely delicious, and has only 3nc per 1/2 cup compared to say Newman's Own that has 9nc.

Artic Zero ice cream which has only 150 calories per pint, and just 5nc per 1/2c is absolutely disgusting. The is the first time that I actually spit ice cream out. So if you are looking for a low carb frozen treat don't eat this!

Ali06 07-22-2014 02:19 PM

Monte lol on the ice cream!

Have you tried the faux atkins danish?? I am in love with it, and if you are adding berries you could top it with some :)

cheddahcat 07-22-2014 03:05 PM

All bran sultana cereal, milk and coffee
Raw veggies, garlic olives and Special K granola ( not together lol)
Roast chicken,peas,brown roll

Snacks: banana, seet cinnamon and salt popcorn
*i measure everything ) :)

MonteCristo 07-22-2014 03:33 PM

Cheddahcat - How long have you been doing atkins? You are way up the ladder...I'd love a brown roll! :)

SunnyDC 07-22-2014 03:42 PM

Day 1 induction:

B 1 boiled egg
L 5 wingettes
D?

MonteCristo 07-22-2014 04:21 PM

I chickened out on adding berries. I think I'll stick with nuts for another two weeks. I really want to meet my next mini goal on time and who knows what berries will do! :)

JerseyGyrl 07-22-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonteCristo (Post 5044714)
Artic Zero ice cream which has only 150 calories per pint, and just 5nc per 1/2c is absolutely disgusting. The is the first time that I actually spit ice cream out. So if you are looking for a low carb frozen treat don't eat this!

You can make your own low carb ice cream. This is also Induction friendly:)

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/easy_ice_cream.html

Ali06 07-22-2014 04:41 PM

Jersey ----- O M G!!!!

I have been KILLING for ice cream (which is crazy b/c I'm not even much of an ice cream eater pre-Atkins). I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO doing this!

NavyMommy 07-22-2014 04:49 PM

Today I had:

B: Bulletproof Coffee (YUM! And a great way to get more fats) with 2 eggs and 2 slices bacon (probably didn't need the actual food that early but we were going to the beach and I didn't want to be tempted to cheat).

L: Tuna salad on cucumber "crackers" Just sliced cucumbers into rounds and ate them like crackers with the tuna. Surprisingly good.

Snack: 1 slice aged cheddar cheese and 1 slice turkey meat

D: Taco wraps. Homemade taco meat (made my own seasoning), sliced tomatoes and onions with a little homemade guac in lettuce cups.

Snack: Probably some veggies with dip or a small salad. Hopefully tonight I will go to bed before I get hungry again!

Missed the gym today :( but tomorrow I'm planning on hitting it hard with a couple hours at the pool with the kids after.

jessiegreene 07-22-2014 04:51 PM

Jersey girl I have been wanting to try this one what do you think? its induction friendly don't ya think?

•4 whole eggs (pastured of course)
•4 yolks (in addition to the whole eggs above)
•2 tsp vanilla
•1 gram vitamin C (ascorbic acid) or 10 drops apple cider vinegar or lime juice to taste.
•100 grams (7 tbs) grass-fed butter
•100 grams (7tbs) coconut oil
•50 grams (3tbs + 2tsp) MCT oil (important for consistency)
•80 grams (5.5tbs) xylitol or erythritol (or more to taste) I am using liquid stevia with 0 carbs
•~100 grams water or ice (just under 1/2 cup; add less than you think you need, then increase the amount).

1.Blend everything but the water/ice in blender. It takes a while to get the butter blended into perfect creaminess.
2.Add water or ice and blend some more until well blended. Ideally, you want a yogurt-like consistency for creamy ice cream, or add more water for a firmer, icier texture
3.Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and turn it on.

Ali06 07-22-2014 04:57 PM

Oh I guess I could post my menus lol --- DUH!

I'll start with previous day b/c right now dinner is undecided :)

07/21

B: 2 tbs peanut butter
L: Cucumbers dipped in ranch
D: Chicken stack --- rotissere chicken sauteed with onions, cheddar cheese melted on top with sour cream and salsa (or pizza sauce, etc)
S: pepperoni

Eh, wasn't the best eating day

jessiegreene 07-22-2014 05:06 PM

I really really wanna go to the wine tasting festival so im gonna be good as I can!!!

B: 2 eggs in butter with bacon, tea with 1 splenda and tablespoon coconut oil

L: pork and 2 cups lettuce with MCT and vinegar dressing

S: 1/2 avocado

D: scampied shrimp with whipped cauliflower and cheese.

gonna make the "get you some" ice cream tonight and see how that goes, hope its ok to eat I don't see how it could be bad with the ingredients.

JerseyGyrl 07-22-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiegreene (Post 5044834)
Jersey girl I have been wanting to try this one what do you think? its induction friendly don't ya think?

•4 whole eggs (pastured of course)
•4 yolks (in addition to the whole eggs above)
•2 tsp vanilla
•1 gram vitamin C (ascorbic acid) or 10 drops apple cider vinegar or lime juice to taste.
•100 grams (7 tbs) grass-fed butter
•100 grams (7tbs) coconut oil
•50 grams (3tbs + 2tsp) MCT oil (important for consistency)
•80 grams (5.5tbs) xylitol or erythritol (or more to taste) I am using liquid stevia with 0 carbs
•~100 grams water or ice (just under 1/2 cup; add less than you think you need, then increase the amount).

1.Blend everything but the water/ice in blender. It takes a while to get the butter blended into perfect creaminess.
2.Add water or ice and blend some more until well blended. Ideally, you want a yogurt-like consistency for creamy ice cream, or add more water for a firmer, icier texture
3.Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and turn it on.

Looks Induction friendly to me:)

Ali06 07-23-2014 11:35 AM

07/22

B: 2 scrambled eggs cooked in butter with cheese, 2 slices bologna (I know not the best meat, but bought it a week or so ago, and still using it up, was the only meat I could stomach eating then)
L: crustless pizza in the skillet with pepperoni and a lilttle ranch
D: Loaded cauliflower casserole and burgers on the grill

MonteCristo 07-23-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali06 (Post 5045214)
07/22

B: 2 scrambled eggs cooked in butter with cheese, 2 slices bologna (I know not the best meat, but bought it a week or so ago, and still using it up, was the only meat I could stomach eating then)
L: crustless pizza in the skillet with pepperoni and a lilttle ranch
D: Loaded cauliflower casserole and burgers on the grill

Do you have a recipe for this? Or is it just the same stuff you'd put on a potato...cheese, bacon, green onions...etc.

Ali06 07-23-2014 12:07 PM

I do Monte :) It's a little different - I have done that before too after steaming the cauliflower and it's pretty quick and good too.

Cauliflower Casserole

2lbs steamed cauliflower (I add about 1/2 cup of water to a skillet, let it boil, add cauliflower with salt and cover - let steam around 10 min on med heat)
1 8oz block of cream cheese
4 oz pepper jack cheese, with 1 oz reserved
4 oz cheddar cheese, with 1 oz reservered
1/2 cup of sour cream
salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes to taste1-2 stalks of green onion steams chopped
Bacon - as much or little as you want, bacon pieces or fresh cooked is fine as well - I usually chop and fry about 5 pieces for this dish

Turn overn to 350 and use non stick cooking spray to coat a baking dish.

While cauliflower steams, mix all ingredients, except the reserved cheese.

Drain cauliflower and you can leave it whole in big pieces or chop it up some.

Mix cauliflower into the mixture - the heat from the cauliflower will help the mix to soften and coat well

Put in a casserole dish and top with remaining 1oz pepper jack and 1 oz cheddar cheese

Bake around 30 min until casserole is bubbly and cheese is brown. Can broil for a min or two to brown the cheese if needed.

Based on these directions, I cut it into 8 squares after cooked and get the following calculations -- (I did not factor in salt added since this is very subjective so that is the only calcuation that is not really accurate)

Calories: 268.6 | Total Fat 24.3g | Sat Fat 13.6g | Poly Fat .7g | Mono Fat 4.6g | Cholesterol 72.4mg | Sodium 384.3mg | Potassium 93.0mg | Total Carb 3.0g | Dietary Fiber .4g | Sugar 1.2g | Protien 11.3g

jessiegreene 07-23-2014 12:08 PM

B: 3 fried eggs in butter, tea with tbsp coconut oil and 1 splenda
got to work and accidentally dumped whole tea so had a cup of coffee with creamer and splenda I'm sure I will pay for that.

L: pork and sliced veggies

D: pan fried cheese taco salad with veggies

kcandponies 07-23-2014 12:13 PM

B: Americano with half and half, Ideal Protein Mango drink
L: cucumber slices with chopped chicken, avocado and mayo
S: Quest Bar
D: NO clue yet - maybe squash casserole (grated yellow squash, cheddar cheese and eggs baked in a casserole dish)
60 mins Barre/Pilates - again!

Ali06 07-23-2014 12:16 PM

KC - that reciepe I posted above works well with Squash and Broccoli too - just fyi :)

NavyMommy 07-23-2014 06:16 PM

B: Bulletproof Coffee - I'm addicted - 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon

L: Chef Salad (lettuce, turkey, cheese, bacon, peppers, ranch)

D: Smoked Salmon and cream cheese on lettuce wraps. Yum!

Snack: Handful of pork rinds and diet coke (bad I know but I needed a caffine boost after the grocery store)

Excited my Synthroid will hopefully kick back in soon. I can feel all the symptoms of my body going into ketosis so looking forward to increased losses!

Ali06 07-24-2014 12:11 PM

07/23

B: 2 slim jims - ummm yeah, I don't really have an explanation for that! lol
L: Hamb patty and Cauliflower Casserole (1 serving)
D: Chicken Stack (rotissere chicken sauteed with onion and butter, topped with cheese and real bacon bits and olives melted, then salsa and sour cream)
S: Carb Smart Choc Ice Cream and Peanut Butter

jessiegreene 07-24-2014 12:47 PM

B: 2 scrambeled eggs with hamburger and salsa, bulletproof coffee

L: grilled pork and mashed cauliflower with splash of heavy cream, butter and cheese. Tablespoon of MCT

D: pan cheese pizza with veggie, tablespoon MCT

fatklr 07-24-2014 01:46 PM

B: 2 scrambled eggs w/cheese and 2 sausage patties

L: Taco salad - taco seasoned ground beef, cheese, ranch over romaine

D: Cabbage w/green peppers, onions and cut up beef sausage link

Ali06 07-24-2014 05:19 PM

fatklr - i love your name!! :)

And your taco salad sounds great :)

Today

B: 2 bologna, 1 slice of cheese, 1 fried egg
L: Salad wtih chicken, onions, tomato, egg, ranch
D: Skillet pizza (melted mozz as crust, sauce, pepperoni, a pinch of cheedar cheese)

S: Atkins faux danish