3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   What are you eating today? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/297882-what-you-eating-today.html)

kcandponies 07-17-2014 11:25 AM

What are you eating today?

Not going to post my menu here daily, but thought it would help if some others posted their menu for the day and see if I can get meal ideas from others, and pinpoint areas that might be tripping me up.

Today:
Breakfast: Quest cookie dough protein bar (net 4 carbs)
I try to avoid these but missed the cafeteria hours and it was the only thing at work I had
Lunch - Romaine with chicken breast, a few grape tomatoes and Maple Grove farm sugar free balsalmic dressing
Dinner - Probably grated zucchini and squash baked with eggs and cheese

MonteCristo 07-17-2014 11:40 AM

Breakfast - 2 bacon egg & cheese - 2 Net Carbs
Lunch - 3 low carb meatballs with cheese, 7oz broccoli with 1.5tblsp butter - 8 Net Carbs
Snack - 1c bell pepper, 1/4c almonds & cashews - 10 Net Carbs
Dinner - pizza quiche - 2 Net Carbs

Ali06 07-18-2014 01:13 PM

Monte - do you have a reciepe for the pizza quiche - sounds yummy :)

pamhoff805 07-18-2014 10:24 PM

Today, I had 2 eggs and 2 bacon in the morning.
For lunch I had a very thin piece of Dave's insanity bread with 2 Tbsp peanut butter and 1 Tbsp sf strawberry jelly. (just wasn't very hungry)
Snack, I had 1 cup of fresh cherries.
Dinner: Personal Pizza made with a low carb tortilla, italian sausage, pepperoni, onion, g-pepper, moz cheese. Ate 3/4 of it (I got full)

I really need to work some veggies in, but I'm just not that hungry to squeeze a salad in too. Tomrrow, I'm not going to be home most of the day so I'm planning on having a big salad out for dinner and hopefully, some kind of protein on it.

MonteCristo 07-18-2014 10:35 PM

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/misc...za-quiche.html

Pizza quiche recipe.

kcandponies 07-21-2014 09:59 AM

Health screening at work this week, my cholesterol is high - 225 and my LDL is very high - 160.
Guess I am worried about eating full fat cheese, bacon and eggs nearly everyday. Feels counter- intuitive.....I am only 37, don't want to have a heart attack! But days I try to keep the fat/cholesterol down, I don't get many calories and feel hungry.
I am going to cut down the bacon to weekends only. I only eat beef once a week. I can't cut out cheese, but I will keep it to 1 ounce a day. Any other suggestions?

MonteCristo 07-21-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcandponies (Post 5044035)
Health screening at work this week, my cholesterol is high - 225 and my LDL is very high - 160.
Guess I am worried about eating full fat cheese, bacon and eggs nearly everyday. Feels counter- intuitive.....I am only 37, don't want to have a heart attack! But days I try to keep the fat/cholesterol down, I don't get many calories and feel hungry.
I am going to cut down the bacon to weekends only. I only eat beef once a week. I can't cut out cheese, but I will keep it to 1 ounce a day. Any other suggestions?

It is really hard to say. It seems to me that cholesteral is dependant more on genetics that diet. My family can eat bacon and eggs covered in cheese at every meal, and will still have low cholesterol. Other people can never eat a bad thing in their life and still have high. Has yours always been high, or did it jump up following Atkins?

pamhoff805 07-21-2014 11:10 AM

I agree that family genetics are pretty strong in this area. I'm wondering how long you have been eating this way and if it's had time to have an effect in lowering your numbers. Maybe try to get more healthy fats in such as olive oil, coconut oil, avocado and stay away from the saturated fats so much and get tested again in a few weeks.

NavyMommy 07-21-2014 11:31 AM

B: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon
L: Salad w/lettuce, onion, peppers, turkey and a little cheese with Ranch
D: Baked fish with broccoli and butter

Drinks: 1 cup coffee w/ splash heavy cream, LOTS of water (I drink a ton of water so this isn't a problem)

Snacks: Sliced veggies (cucumber, peppers, onion) with Ranch, maybe 1 cheese stick

JerseyGyrl 07-21-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Kcandponies,

Since you are asking for suggestions, here's mine:)
Educate yourself about cholesterol. Go to YouTube and type in cholesterol myth. MANY videos will come up, the majority of them are from Dr's. I would also suggest reading The Great Cholesterol Con by Dr. Malcolm Kendrick.
Following Atkins by the book as it was written by Dr. Atkins, most people have greatly reduced their cholesterol and triglyceride levels. That being said, it does typically take a few months for this to happen.
Hope this helps:)
All the best to you!!

jessiegreene 07-21-2014 02:22 PM

B: 3 eggs fried in butter, tea with 1 pkg splenda and tablespoon coconut oil

L: grilled pork and 3/4 cup sliced cucumbers and radishes with 2 bites cubed tomato dipped in ranch.

D: grilled chicken rest of sliced veggies and tomato (cup and a half ish)

Snack, 3 protein balls (hamburger, ground pork, ground turkey & 2 eggs with spices, boiled in 3/4 inch balls) great way to curb hunger

4 X 20 oz bottles H2O

cheddahcat 07-21-2014 02:44 PM

Breakfast: oitflakes cereal,milk coffee

Lunch: Greek style fat free coconut yogurt with
Special K granola ( cranberries and vanilla with pumpkin seeds)
Sliced cucumber and tomato

Dinner: roast chicken breast, 1/2 portion new potatoes with garlic and
Brown roll.

Snacks: 1/2 portion garlic/ jalapeņo stuffed olives
Pink lady apple
Orange

JerseyGyrl 07-21-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Meant to post this link earlier.
http://highsteaks.com/cholesterol/#mortalitychart

kcandponies 07-21-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl (Post 5044271)
Meant to post this link earlier.
http://highsteaks.com/cholesterol/#mortalitychart

Thanks Kim!!!
I have not been 100% on plan until recently, and my cholesterol has been slowly climbing over the past 3 years. It had been right at 200.....I have to look at my results from earlier this year, but I know they were a little lower than this week's.
I will give it some more time and check again. I really hadn't been exercising much and am trying to do better. I know lowering my weight will help too. For now, going to make bacon a special occasion and plan more avocado and olives in my diet.

kcandponies 07-21-2014 04:35 PM

Menu today:

B: 2 eggs, 2 bacon
L: chopped turkey breast with avocado and mayo over romaine
D: tofu with sauteed mushrooms and yellow squash
S: GNC Total lean shake, if needed after pilates

1-hour Pilates class