3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Lose 5lbs Challenge... #42 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/296395-lose-5lbs-challenge-42-a.html)

Ali06 05-31-2014 10:41 PM

Lose 5lbs Challenge... #42

:carrot:

New Challenge Time!

Here how the story goes....first one to lose 5 pounds wins!!

It's not just about losing 5 pounds, it's about encouraging one another, sharing struggles and celebrating success! Now who's ready to win this next challenge?! Let's do it!

wannaskipandlaugh 06-01-2014 11:34 AM

ALI :woohoo: WAY TO GO! I KNEW you were gonna beat us all! LOLOLOLOL OOOOOOOOHHHHHH a new decade for you! WHOO RA! now for you to fly thru the 20's!

Me.. I am so close to getting outta them! soooo close.

SW 221.8

GW 216.8 (Jaw drop)!

Ali06 06-01-2014 04:20 PM

Thanks Sue!!! I have to say 329 felt sooooooooo good! Now I can't wait to kiss them goodby and get my teens back lol! :)

And SUE! OMG! Look how close you are to 100lbs gone! Holy moly!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!!! Truly an inspiration!

I did not weigh today - it's actually my b-day - hubby talked me into not worrying about the scale for just one day lol

My mom and/or grandma normally makes me a lemon mirangue (sp???) pie for my b-day, my all time favorite desert. But they thankfully did not this year lol

Today has been a great day - my mom and step dad came by and got me a gift certificate for a pedicure, which I plan to use ASAP lol, my mom and dad in law got me a outdoor fire smoker/pit which I have wanted for ages. My daughter spent the night with some friends last night and they got her some little crafts that she and her friend worked on for me - which was super sweet. And hubby and daughter got me some new flip flops, a new 2A shirt, and a new gas grill with complete accessories and currently working on fixing a scrumptious dinner - grilled pork chops and asapargus and I made cole slaw this morning to set up for tonight.

So I'll start my weigh in tomorrow. I'm still all on plan and no bad foods - went to my nephews 1st b-day party - it was a little difficult to stay away from the strawberries, the smell was intoxicating lol But I did - then they had chocolate cake and this lady that makes the cakes we use makes the best tasting cakes I've ever had - it was very very very very hard, but I resisted lol. My husband said he was pretty sure he saw me drooling at one point LOL Oh and my sis in law made home made hamburger buns which smelled fantastic. But me and hubby both stuck to it and only ate foods we could have.

Which by the way, I wanted to share what a great job he did too --- he has went down 10lbs in 4 days! He had gained some when we came back from out trip a couple weeks ago but all that and then some are gone and he's in a new decade too.

SW 329.0
CW 329.0
GW 324.0

6/1 - DNW

Mara 06-01-2014 04:58 PM

Congrats Ali! Woot woot!

Sue oh my goodness! You are doing awesome!

wannaskipandlaugh 06-02-2014 07:46 AM

ALI - You are a Gorgeous! I love that picture! (Avatar) :D Beautiful!!!!!
and your Birthday sounds just about perfect. I love your family and I can see how much they love and treasure you! Ah.. these are the good things in life and the ones to remember!

Mara..Thank you for your {{HUG}} I sure appreciate it and I am hoping to see you getting into the 30's really soon! My wish!

Me... well my fat fast netted me 2 lbs off! HOORAY! Happy Happy Camper here... not quite into the 2 teens.. but darned close!

SW 221.8
6/2 220.4 (-1.4) :D

GW 216.8 (Jaw drop)!

Mara 06-02-2014 09:01 AM

Way to go Sue. I am so excited for you to be in the teens! I will follow the trail you blaze!

I am down some. Still up from my lowest, but I do feel like I might be getting my head back in a good place. Went for a 4.6 mile walk yesterday and it was great. :) I plan I doing that about 5 times a week.

Sw: 244.6
Gw: 239.6

Traveler620 06-02-2014 09:38 AM

Ali-congrats! I am glad you had an excellent birthday! It sounds like a perfect day. I am so impressed that you stayed on plan. I always make excuses to cheat. Reading your posts really inspire me to stay on plan.

Sue- Nice work on the fast. How did you feel while on it? 2 lbs over one weekend is awesome. I predict a new decade for you tomorrow.

Mara-you are a walking machine. I hope the weather cooperates for you while you walk.

My husband is starting Atkins for real this week. I am excited because it will be motivating for me. When he decides to do something he does it.

SW:171.4
GW:166.4

newme12 06-02-2014 09:55 AM

You guys are doing great!! I think I will be recovered and ready to catch the next challenge!
Sue! Sue! Wow! You are so close... :D :D :D

Ali06 06-02-2014 10:19 PM

Wellllllllll I didn't weigh again today lol Oops! I had a dr's appointment this morning to try and figure out why TOM is being such a pain in the rump - doc is thinking PCOS, so I go back Fri for labs and then meet with her on 6/25. Considering that TOM just finished a 3 week visit, I am MORE than ready to have a break.

TOM did just end yesterday so I honestly think I'm about a lb or so - I usually do on the on the last couple days. At the dr's office I weighed 331.4 - with my clothes on of courseso I'm thinking I may have gained a little or at best just held steady.

SUE - Aww, ya made me blush lol :) I took that in my office the other day, was a little bored HA! nice job on the fat fast (what is that btw??) Good start to winning this challenge and hitting that 100lb mark!!

TRAVELER - Yes you are right, when SO is on plan as well that is a huge help. I couldn't be doing this right now if mine wasn't. He's also one of those people that when he makes up his mind, that's it! lol Of course I kind of am too really. Good luck to you both!!!

On the cheating, it's never easy to muster up that willpower - but I ask myself each time is it worth it? Is it worth giving up pounds I've worked so hard to drop? Is it worth sabatoging the progress I've made? Is it worth even stalling the progress I'm making? The answer is always no... no it's actually not. That giving in mentality is what got me where I am - so I'm not giving in - maybe later we'll plan some cheat days/times here and there, but for now I need that laser focused dedication or I'll derail - just how I operate, kind of an all or nothing gal lol

Now, with that being said - this weekend is my husband's grandma's b-day party - and one of his cousins makes her famous eclair cake -- if I make it through that without cheating then I think I can not cheat on anything ever LOL But that's a great big fat IF!

MARA - WOW, nice walkin!

SW 329.0
CW 329.0
GW 324.0

6/1 - DNW
6/2 - DNW

wannaskipandlaugh 06-02-2014 10:38 PM

Hey Mara.. thank you for the hug and I am hoping that this weight stays off too and yours is now going in the right direction! I believe you will do well! I believe it as much as I believe your doctor will help you (insides) and get well! :)

Traveler... I felt kinda good the 2nd day.. the first day I was alittle jittery and hungry as 5- 200 calorie meals was small for me.. used to eating 3- 400-500 cal meals LOL But I did it. Each time I wanted to eat something not 80-90% fat filled... I told myself NO.. You can do this for 2 days... Just 2 days and I did! :) I might (like induction) do this every 6 weeks or so... hhhmmmmmmmmm :)

Thank you Carol (newme).. I hope you are back in the game really soon.. I have missed your posts! and missed you!

Ali.. :) I feel like you are the desert of our posts! I love to read yours!! :)... A fat fast is eating foods that contain 80-90% of the calories are Fat calories... Cream Cheese... Macadamia nuts.. Mayo etc... There is a cool Book from Dana Carpender (google her) that I just ordered... Thinking of the sugar free peanut butter and cream cheese.. Ah YAY!

sarahinparis 06-03-2014 04:27 AM

All right, since the scale did NOT do a magic bounce down today I'm sucking it up and putting today's weight as a starting weight for this challenge - hoping, of course, that this is just water weight that will WHOOSH off & I'll leave this challenge victorious in a couple of days... But even if it's not, it's coming off!

SW : 188.0
CW: 188.0
GW : 183.0

188.0 June 3

wannaskipandlaugh 06-03-2014 07:36 AM

Sarah... that water will Woooooooooooooooooosssssshhhhhhhhhhhh and flush away Pronto! :) I bet you are telling your water yourself.. Go Away NOW Go away NOW! LOL Its listening!

Me.. I am up only .4 oz.. only a 20% uptick on the loss.. Not bad! as I know its water too... :) Happy.. but now need to lose that and more!!!! I have to give Sarah a race! or at least a challenge! :)

SW 221.8
6/2 220.4 (-1.4)
6/3 220.8 (-1.0 so up .4) eh.. ok!

GW 216.8 (Jaw drop)!

smith1313 06-03-2014 11:08 AM

Big Congratulations Ali!!!

I wish I had the willpower, share?

My boys got into it Friday, vet early Saturday, both on antibiotic and now surgery today.....its going to be killer hot and they are re-doing the pool starting today. My BIL is coming to stay to help with the dogs due to drilling, grinding, pounding and the dozen plus people who are going to be in their yard. Construction crew is digging up right down the street....Life is an adventure! I am now pooing and farting up a storm but it stinks, ick!

SW 179....AGAIN

sarahinparis 06-04-2014 04:40 AM

Ok, some movement, whew!

SW : 188.0
CW: 185.2 (-2.8)
GW : 183.0

188.0 June 3
185.2 June 4

Traveler620 06-04-2014 07:55 AM

Sarah - that is a lot of movement. I hope that happens to me tonight.

Smith - I am sorry to hear about your dogs. Did they get into a fight with each other? Also, too bad about no pool while it is so hot outside.

Sue - I saw macadamia nuts at Costco yesterday. I was surprised at how expensive they are. They were over $11 a pound. I imagine a pound would last for a long time, though. 5- 200 cal meals would be a huge adjustment for me as well. I am really bad at having multiple small meals.

Ali - At this point I would be surprised if you had the eclair cake. If I had some cake, not surprised. You, however, have made it through a lot of temptations.

SW:171.4
CW: 171
GW:166.4