Old 01-24-2014, 06:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/193/183

Height: 5'7"

Default Atkins Induction

Hello all,

I am on day 9 of Atkins, I've lost a few pounds, nothing to write home about yet. I'm hoping it will come. I bought some of those ketone test strips yesterday out of curiosity and yesterday the reading was small, today it is moderate, so definitely going in the right direction.

Day 7 and 8 I had this desperate hunger (don't know how else to describe it), and nothing I ate or drank would help. I stuck to the diet though. Thank goodness today, that feeling has passed.

So, as much I love a good steak, burger or piece of fish, I never ate this much meat before this. I used to throw beans in everything. Are there any vegetarian dishes that I can make? I do like eggs, but dont want that to be the whole dish. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
vhj6
vhj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Check out Linda's Low Carb recipes. All the Induction friendly recipes are marked with an *
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

When I get that hungry feeling I find that a mug of bouillon or broth helps - it's probably the salt (many people find you need extra salt on a low carb diet to feel well)
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #4  

For me I've found that a hot drink helps when I get some raging hunger - cup of tea with cream, or coffee. Decaf if caffeine bothers you -- it doesn't me so I don't worry.
missalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:46 PM   #5  

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I can't wait to try some of those recipes.

I have been making the oopsie rolls. This afternoon I made a rosemary garlic version. omg...so good. I dipped one in some olive oil. Best thing since sliced bread...so to speak...lol

I was pretty discouraged the other day, over a week on induction and only 2 pounds lost. But, then I bought something to help me not be constipated and what do you know, I've lost a little bit more. lol

I did stop using the bars, and only drink the shakes if I need something quick for breakfast. I'm wondering what everyone else keeps around for snacks? So far, I've come up with the oopsie rolls and cheese sticks.

Thanks all,
vhj6
Old 01-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #6  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Good for you vhj6 for losing and sticking to the plan Those recipes make my mouth water. I have tried a pizza (crust made with Cream and Cheddar cheese.. ) but I ate alot of it and not just the 2 pieces LOL... For snacks.. I keep Emerald's Cocoa roasted Almonds.. They have a 100 calorie pack that are only 2 carbs... Helps with the chocolate cravings too! Otherwise Cheddar cheese cubes ( really Sharp cheese as its hard to eat alot) and I make some deviled eggs as a just in case

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 01-26-2014 at 09:09 PM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:59 PM   #7  

thank you, thank you, thank you...I am definitely getting those almonds. I've been pretty good not having so many cravings, but right now, I would love some chocolate and don;t have any. I'll have to get some to keep around.

This diet, at least the induction part, is soooo much meat, I wonder if there will be more choices when Im done with this phase. I keep reaching for the beans and then remember I can't have them. UGH!
Old 01-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #8  
Sue finding inner song

More veggies will come! Remember tho.. you can have fish, shrimp, ham (salty tho), steak, burgers, Turkey ( Yum). I like making Shrimp Scampi.. Butter and Garlic.. It kinda feels decadent! I also combine cooked Chicken, Buffalo Wing Sauce, Cream Cheese and mayo and then bake it in the oven.. OH it is sooooooo good! If you put in sour cream or ranch dressing instead, you can make it into a Buffalo Chicken dip.

I just checked my book from 1992 and veggies you can have:
All lettuces
Bok Choy
chives
Parsley
Cucumber
Radishes
Fennel
Peppers
Celery
Jicama
Mushrooms
Olives
Asperagus
String Beans
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Chard
Eggplant
Kale
Tomato
Onion
Rhubarb
Scallions
Leeks
Spinach
Squashes
Pumpkin
Turnips
Avocado
Bean Sprouts
Water Chestnuts
Pea Pods
Sauerkraut
Collard and Dandelion Greens
Broccoli
Spaghetti Squash
Brussels Sprouts
Artichoke Hearts
WITH BUTTER!!! lol So it looks like there are hardly any veggies that you cannot eat! Just no more than 2 cups of lettuce type nor with no more than 2/3 rds cup cooked or Just 3 cups lettuce type

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 01-26-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Just a reminder, almonds, chocolate or otherwise are not Induction friendly. Stick with cheese during Induction
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #10  
Sue finding inner song

Opps... My BooBoo Jerseygirl... I apologize... HOLD off on the Cocao roasted Almonds until after induction VHJ6!!! But you can look forward to them!