Old 11-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/194/160

Height: 5' 4"

Default how many people have problems with candida?

im beganing to wonder if alot of us have problems with it. the cravings for sugar and breads, noodles etc.. i also have a rash on my upper arms. some people have problems with yeast infections. and the only way i have found to deal with it was to be on a low carb diet. it just makes dieting and weightloss ALOT harder!
fireravensees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I did when I was nursing my youngest. Thrush and yeast infections and even a yeast infection on my scalp! I battled that $#@% for a solid year! It was horrid.

You're on the right track avoiding sugar and carbs. The yeast just feeds on that stuff.

Probiotics, Probiotics, Probiotics!!! Go to the health food store and get the best quality suppliment you can afford from the refrigerated section.

There are several herbs and suppliments that fight candida. Garlic, coconut oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract, and Oregano oil, are all great!

I have Lupus and my immune system is WACK. But I've been able to keep the yeast under control for almost 3 years now.

You can beat this!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #3  

Fire, I have that same rash on my upper arms!!! I do believe I have an issue with Candida, though I don't get yeast infections. I think it's systemic Candida or in my gut.

I've done a lot of research about it and there is an online test you can take. Also the spit test. Both of mine was positive for Candida.

I went to my favorite health food store and they advised me to take Candida Cleanse by Rainbow Light. It also contains probiotics. It tastes and smells horrible but I just swig it down with a bunch of water really fast LOL!

Also, I'm going to start apple cider vinegar (organic with the "mother") a few times a day.

Valrock, I have RA which is a sister to Lupus. Darn immune systems ugh!

How long did it take you to get the Candida under control?
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/173/150

Wow, lol, you were very helpful. I do not have a lot of outer lesions from the candida but I do have a few. I really feel like its in my system. I have lost a lot of hair because I have it in my scalp. clotrimazole cream helps the lesions on the body (the arm rashes etc.). It can be bought over the counter, but it doesn't do anything for the scalp. you can go to your doctor to get medication to treat candida internally (like diflucan) and there are also some medications for the scalp (fluconazole, but it hasn't helped me yet). I am also an RN so I see a lot of treatments and the number one thing that seems to help encourage resolution of candida is NO SUGAR!!!!
eightiesbabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightiesbabe84 View Post
Wow, lol, you were very helpful. I do not have a lot of outer lesions from the candida but I do have a few. I really feel like its in my system. I have lost a lot of hair because I have it in my scalp. clotrimazole cream helps the lesions on the body (the arm rashes etc.). It can be bought over the counter, but it doesn't do anything for the scalp. you can go to your doctor to get medication to treat candida internally (like diflucan) and there are also some medications for the scalp (fluconazole, but it hasn't helped me yet). I am also an RN so I see a lot of treatments and the number one thing that seems to help encourage resolution of candida is NO SUGAR!!!!
I haven't tried any creams on my arms yet as the rash wasn't that bad until recently. I'm thinking the rash is getting worse on my LC diet due to detox or something. How long did it take for the clotrimazole to help your rash? I choose the natural route when I can, but I'm going to try this. I'm sorry you have lost hair and have problems with it on your scalp.

Would coconut oil help? The compressed, virgin kind? I also take that a few times a day and rub it on my skin. It has antifungal and antimicrobial properties.
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/194/160

Height: 5' 4"

valrock glad to hear you got urs to clear up! v73 i think we have alot of the same problems with it. and im gonna start taking a healthfood deal for it. eightieschick that really does suck about the hair loss. why does it cause hair loss? and i know leaving sugar alone really helps me.
fireravensees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet73 View Post

Would coconut oil help? The compressed, virgin kind? I also take that a few times a day and rub it on my skin. It has antifungal and antimicrobial properties.
I have heard CO is great for candida/fungal infections. I have started taking it for just that reason.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5"3

OMG, I think you have just solved a problem I have had for 35 odd years.

I will definitely try the coconut oil.
Wheresmychin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #9  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Hi there,
If you buy probiotics Ladies please make sure that you buy from a reputable source and that the container has been refrigerated both in the store and during transportation....or it becomes useless as probiotics wouldn't make it in a warm environment.
All the best!
WOW Wheresmychin, impressive weight loss! Congratulations!
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #10  
Carbivore

S/C/G: 260/167/172

Height: 6' 2"

How could it be possible I lost around 90 lbs on a high carb diet and never heard about Candida?
MadProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote