Old 09-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #1  

Question Need Help. Getting discourged

Hi. Im Katie. Im new to the forum. Have a issue that I need help and some encouraging words. Look forward to making forum buddies and educate myself.

Here we go....I tried Atkin's over 2 years ago with great success lost 30 pounds then some how life got me off track gained 30 pound back over 2 years. A week and half ago my fertility doctor told me I need to lose weight. According to my blood work my blood sugar and A1C numbers are pre-diabetic. (never been told this before) He told me to get on the atkin's diet. It should help my issues with pre diabetes and not conceiving. The first week was great then nothing even gained a pound back. I didnt do anything different with my diet still in induction (under 20 carbs a day). My ketone strips are always deep pink or purple. Here is a list of my weight loss per day.

1. 209 (down 1 pound first day)
2. 208
3. 207
4. no change
5. 205
6. 204.5
7. 204
8. 203
9. 204 (up a pound)
10. 204
11. 204.3 gained another .3 ????

What is going on? Im desperate to start a family so no cheating over the 20 carbs. I'm wondering what is going on. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by KT32308; 09-15-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: need to introduce myself
KT32308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Since it hasn't been asked, can you give an idea of what you eat in a day?
Laurlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #3  

HI All, New to 3FC, just joined today out of desperation. I have been in OA over 30 years and fell like I learned nothing. I have kept a 50lb weight loss for all these years. However never got down to a goal weight. Over the years have lost over hundreds of lbs but it's the same 15/20 over and over again. I'm in my golden years and really feel like it's affecting my health. All those years of abusing my body is catching up to me. My request is i need an OA food and program sponsor (like the old days). I can to online but need that personal phone contact/conversation. Is there anyone out there that can help !
nychic102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurlie View Post
Since it hasn't been asked, can you give an idea of what you eat in a day?

Breakfast 2 eggs either boiled or scramble with alittle cheddar cheese.

Lunch salad with grilled chicken, cheese, oil vinegar Italian dressing or hot dog no bun with side broccoli

Dinner baked chicken with hot sauce dipped in ranch side of sauté zucchini or grilled hamburger no bun topped with sauté peppers and half onion or hot buffalo wings
Old 09-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Katie, if you're nearly pre-diabetic then you'd likely be insulin resistant (I have PCOS and as my doc explained, insulin resistance comes first and then pre-diabetes). It's harder to lose when you're insulin resistant but you are losing, just maybe not as fast as some of the success stories you read. It's quite normal to drop some water weight at first and then have it slow down in the second week. I've just re-started induction again and my pattern of weight loss is nearly identical to yours. You could be up a bit if your body decided it dropped too much water weight and is readjusting, or if you haven't been as regular in the bathroom. Stick with it, read the book if you haven't already, read lots of threads. Good luck.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #6  

Thank you AnaBee for your insight. I am going to stick with it. Need to be patient. Just hard when there is more than weight loss that I want to accomplish. I want to be healthier so I can conceive. I'm 35 and feel time is ticking away. I give anything to be able to start a family.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Patience is the name of the game. As AnaBee said, you ARE losing...slowly. You're heading in the right direction, and later when you look back you'll see how far you've truly come. Keep at it!
Laurlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

another thing to remember is if you are weighing daily there will be fluctuations like that - you will learn the way your body works over time - and instead of looking at the daily look at the weekly difference - you have lost a good amount in 11 days - you are doing good ... Just keep on doing it and it will work - some weeks more loss than others - just hang in there it will work
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

I'm 35 too Katie, and feel for you how stressed you must feel. But even small losses will help. My endo is positive about five or ten pounds lost.

Be patient and don't give up. Not only is low carb going to help you lose weight, it's the best way to keep your insulin low and you get more energy which will make it easier to be more active too. I wish you all the best!
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote