Old 04-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/132.8/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Am I (unintentionally) in ketosis?

Hey everyone!

I'm not on Atkins, technically I'm just a calorie counter who knows that I have a problem with cravings when I eat carbs.

Anyways, I've been dieting for about three weeks now. Primarily I try to get a LOT of lean protein and lots of veggies. My typical day is a protein bar - with lots of fiber but 5-6 net carbs - for breakfast, and heaping plates of veggies with either chicken or eggs for both lunch and dinner. I'm not sure how many carbs I eat each day ... but I would think its definitely over Atkins induction (which is only 15 net correct?) but maybe it is as low as 50?

The reason I ask is ... this morning at the gym the water in the fountain tasted AWFUL. I thought it was just the gym because usually I have a water bottle. But just now I got some plain water from my office and it tasted the same! AND my pee smells strange.

Thoughts? What does this mean? If I have a little more carbs today (read: I just had two small pieces of easter candy) will I be knocked out?

Just curious, thanks for any input!
LovelyAndLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #2  
J.b007

S/C/G: 224/156/135

Height: 5ft 9inches

Hi there you might not have a balanced diet. Too much protein, I know someone that had the same concern. You need to find a balanced of low glycemic carbs and proteins. Goodluck
Julesbond007 is offline   Reply With Quote