Old 12-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 318/300/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi Rho,

I think I might just be more stressed than I am used to right now. This should be a quiet time at work and I feel like I am running around like a chicken with no head. I think the holidays in general make me a little batty, which is why this program is the right thing for me at this point. Otherwise, I'd be eating every sweet in sight until the ball drops. Then I'd eat some more because I would be sad at all the weight I gained. Not this year!

I need to focus on the fact that I have lost 20 lbs. I weigh less than 300 and I am getting healthier everyday. Yesterday wasn't so bad and I got back on the horse this morning.

I'm sorry to hear about your struggle to have kids though. That must have been so hard for you.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have a potluck to go to on Tuesday. I'm taking my No-carb cheesecake and eating lots of buffalo chicken dip. I did see a recipe for gluten free cookies. Maybe you could try something like this http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Coconut...es/Detail.aspx and switch out the sugar?
MsGetRight25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGetRight25 View Post
Hi Rho,

I think I might just be more stressed than I am used to right now. This should be a quiet time at work and I feel like I am running around like a chicken with no head. I think the holidays in general make me a little batty, which is why this program is the right thing for me at this point. Otherwise, I'd be eating every sweet in sight until the ball drops. Then I'd eat some more because I would be sad at all the weight I gained. Not this year!

I need to focus on the fact that I have lost 20 lbs. I weigh less than 300 and I am getting healthier everyday. Yesterday wasn't so bad and I got back on the horse this morning.

I'm sorry to hear about your struggle to have kids though. That must have been so hard for you.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have a potluck to go to on Tuesday. I'm taking my No-carb cheesecake and eating lots of buffalo chicken dip. I did see a recipe for gluten free cookies. Maybe you could try something like this http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Coconut...es/Detail.aspx and switch out the sugar?
Oh oh change your ticker - yes I'm excited for you -- 20 lbs and into a new group of numbers is huge!! Celebrate it!

I'm enjoying your cream cheese treat - last night I took a piece of my chocolate coconut bark and melted it into it and it was good - and I'm trying to think how I could add a tsp of pumpkin and spices to make it like an individual pumpkin cheesecake flavor - I like that it is self limiting too.

I'm telling myself that each event we are going to is only a few hours long and I can do anything for a few hours - so I will get thru this holiday season a few hours at a time..

The past 6 months I have concentrated on diet (which I still will do cause I have to do this a time and a half again) but starting January my big new focus will be on getting to the Rec Center and at least walking on the indoor track and or working out to a DVD at home daily. I can't hyper focus on more than one thing at a time so now I feel that the diet portion is more natural to me I can add a new focus to the mix .. The trick to it will be getting it to be a habit then I'll be fine I'm sure. Is anyone else like that you can't start a bunch of new things at the same time - you have to do one new thing till you are used to it or it is habit then you can add something new to the mix?
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 318/300/180

Height: 5'7"

Rho,

I like to try one thing at a time, but I find that as I move on to the next one, I may not pay as much attention to the first goal. So, it might make sense to just bite the bullet and do it all at once!

As an update, I lost no weight this week. I didn't gain any but I didn't lose, which is frustrating because I added in cardio. I was very active and I stuck to the diet pretty well. There was the sushi roll incident as well as the discovery that chicken nuggets are a carb factory. Other than that I was pretty good. I noticed that I was super sluggish yesterday and this morning, so on a whim I decided to only eat raw fruits and veggies for the next few days. I think I need a bit of a cleanse. I started this morning, and I already feel better. My mind is clearer and my stomach's rumbling again!

Sorry for the TMI, but these things happen!
MsGetRight25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:47 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by rho1640 View Post

The past 6 months I have concentrated on diet (which I still will do cause I have to do this a time and a half again) but starting January my big new focus will be on getting to the Rec Center and at least walking on the indoor track and or working out to a DVD at home daily. I can't hyper focus on more than one thing at a time so now I feel that the diet portion is more natural to me I can add a new focus to the mix .. The trick to it will be getting it to be a habit then I'll be fine I'm sure. Is anyone else like that you can't start a bunch of new things at the same time - you have to do one new thing till you are used to it or it is habit then you can add something new to the mix?
I really liked reading this.

I almost always fail when I try to do both diet and exercise from being off track. And even after a few weeks I feel like a slacker if I've not added the other one in. I think diet is 80% (or more) of weight loss success (I also think exercise is more important for general health). I usually start with diet and did so this time but the "should" factor of exercise has been hanging over me with only sporadic and short-lived effort behind it. So I feel guilty for not doing something I didn't really even expect to do.

Thanks to this I'm going to officially give up thte exercise goal for the next few weeks (months?) until I feel the diet is FiRMLY established. (It's pretty good right now, but holidays will make it shaky over the next few weeks)
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #50  
I ♥ Bacon!

S/C/G: 274/254/170

Height: 5'2"

I know month and a half later, but don't forget even with cardio you can be building muscle (that will help you lose the weight in the long run) by the way... how is everyone doing? I wish I'd of joined forces with you to get through the holidays... but here I am I started this journey 30 days ago... my progress on the ticket is wrong - I'm actually still stuck around my starting weight, I'm almost certain that its water weight, because I'm feeling good and clothes are getting too big. Anyways, Hope everyone is doing well!
Julizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

How's everyone doing? I wish there was a better way to know what has been replied to - I come in and check on forum and then when I got to look for more the new post open envelope is already gone for me - I don't know if it is is because I'm on an iPad or what ....

I've increased my steps and am doing lots of stairs lately but not because I have made it to the Rec. Center - I've been on a cleaning jag and we got a new washer and dryer after my washer died right after my last post - then we both got the bug when we got back from out trip so it was awhile before we shopped for new and I had mt washmoreto to do - and I tackled a BIG job while hubs was away for a week ... So exercise has gone up but actually going somewhere to do it - not yet lol.

Last edited by rho1640; 02-01-2012 at 01:47 PM.
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote