3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Daily meal plan (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/228342-daily-meal-plan.html)

readyfreddy 03-18-2011 04:27 PM

Daily meal plan

Hi All - I normally use a thread like this to stay accountable. Anyone want to join me? Please feel free to post your meal plan below.

Bfast - greek yogurt (4 carbs) with cinnamon and splenda (1). Coffee with cream (1)

lunch - turkey leg and broccoli (4), egg salad (3) diet drink (1) (I try not to have these!!)

Dinner - "stew" i made with collard greens, curry powder, chopped tomatoes and steak tips. (8)

Total - 21

I found some pumpkin seeds that are 4 carbs and 280 cals per serving. I am going to keep them at my desk for emergencies.

readyfreddy 03-18-2011 06:14 PM

3/19 - I am going to try to do clean induction tomorrow and cut the caffeine and fake sugar... ouch. I already feeling like I am having withdrawals.

bfast - sausage and egg (2 carbs)

snack - cheese (2 oz) (2 carbs)

Lunch - salami and cheese (1), 2 cups broccoli (8)

Dinner - TBD

abluvion 03-18-2011 10:31 PM

I HAVE to get back on track tomorrow. I feel awful and bloated and disgusting after my recent sugar binges.......

B: eggs and bacon, coffee w cream
L: salad, roasted chicken, creamy caesar dressing
S: almonds
D: pork chops with dijon cream sauce, zucchini casserole

Fizziecat 03-19-2011 09:07 AM

The dijon cream sauce sounds good. Mind sharing the recipe or where I can find it?

Thanks!

abluvion 03-21-2011 10:01 AM

It's not really a recipe, it's just me going "hmm, what can I put on top of this pork chop?" :) All I do is dump some dijon mustard in a little microwavable dish (maybe 1 tbsp for 2 people), then dump some cream on top (an ounce?). Microwave for 20-30 sec until warm, whisk to combine, and serve! It is very tasty :) You can adjust the mustard to cream ratio to suit your tastes.

Brooklynn 03-21-2011 08:39 PM

My first day on atkins. Not to thrilled with how I did with everything else but did great with the carbs!
Breakfast: 3 eggs with cheese and 2 slices of bacon (scrambled) (4) total
coffee and water

Lunch: 2 cans of tuna with cheese pickles and mayo (tuna salad) (0) total
half a glass of diet pepsi which is really good for me and water

dinner: egg salad with mayo (4)total
green beans with butter (9) total < 3 servings

all together my totals where 1720 calories 113.5 fat 17 carbs and 111 protein

I am so used to counting calories and keeping track of everything that is just what I am going to do this time. I am not to thrilled with the amount of fat I think I could lower that some and still be doing good with staying under 20 carbs. I am trying to get out of the mind set that I need to worry so much about fat though and just concentrate on the carbs for now. This was kind of a weird day for meals because I don't go shopping until tomorrow so it was a lot of eggs today. Tomorrow will have more meat and veggies lol. and currently I am fighting a crazy sugar craving so I am going to bed to end it :P

readyfreddy 03-28-2011 05:00 PM

Sorry - was on vacation!

bfast - string cheese (1), coffee with cream (1) and 1/2 packet sl (.5) and salami (2)

lunch - brussel spouts (10), nitrate free sausage (1), and artichoke dip (1)

snack - i had about 20 pumpkin seeks bf I remembered I cant eat them on induction (1)

dinner - omelet (2)

readyfreddy 03-30-2011 05:20 PM

Bfast -

coffee with cream and s and l (2)

snack - brussel sprouts with nitrate free sausage (11)

snack - nf sausage (1), artichoke dip (2), cheese (1)

dinner - Flank steak (0 - bc of the marinade) and broccoli (3)

total - 20

zetaphine 03-31-2011 12:18 PM

My first day & first post. This is a great place to start.

3/31/11
Breakfast:
3 eggs
1/4 c goat cheese
1/4 c red peppers

Lunch:
3 oz steak strips
3 oz salad mix
2 TBSP blue cheese dressing
1 TBSP bacon
1/4 c mushrooms

Afternoon snack:
1 Babybel cheese triangle

Dinner:
6 oz chicken breast
3 oz pot roast

I'm trying to stay under 20 grams of carbs daily. After writing my meal plan yesterday, I realized that I'd reach my carb limit by lunch, thus my "meat only" dinner. Tomorrow I'll know better.

readyfreddy 03-31-2011 12:56 PM

Hey Zeta - are you following atkins induction? I see some no nos like goat cheese (no soft cheeses) and the red bells. No worries if you know that and are just doing it your way - I thought I'd mention!

me:

bfast - coffee with cream and half pack s and l (2)

lunch - going out with co workers going to do a salad with ranch and chicken (10)

dinner - broccoli (4) and flank steak and hummus (4)

total 20

zetaphine 03-31-2011 02:14 PM

Freddy,

I am trying to follow Induction. I have not read the book in years and must have forgotten all about the limit on soft cheeses and red bell peppers. Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I should head to the library.

drinkypants 04-01-2011 01:41 AM

I just bought the "New Atkins for a New You" book tonight (it's the 2010 version of Atkins), and in it's induction it says you can have the red peppers, and goat cheese. I guess it just depends on what version you are doing.

I am starting induction tomorrow, and am going to stalk this thread for food idea's hehe

readyfreddy 04-01-2011 01:48 AM

Huh maybe I am wrong!! Sorry! I'm gonna check my book ;)

Linsy 04-01-2011 01:54 AM

I believe the older books don't introduce soft cheeses until phase 2. A lot of people prefer following the old books because they are a "purer" form of Atkins (the books that Dr. Atkins wrote himself before he passed away).

zetaphine 04-01-2011 09:03 AM

Good to hear I can have soft cheeses. That means the ones in my fridge won't go to waste. Here's what's on my menu for today:

Breakfast:
3 eggs
1/4 goat cheese
1/4 red peppers
3 oz chicken
3 cups coffee with Splenda (was going to use Truvia till I looked at the carb count. Outrageous!)

Lunch:
1 oz smoked gouda
3 oz fajita chicken
3 oz salad mix
1 TBSP bacon
2 TBSP blue cheese dressing
1/4 chopped walnuts (I know I'm not supposed to have them during Induction.)

Afternoon snack:
2 Babybel triangles

Dinner:
4 slices pizza without crust (chicken, veggies & cheese only)