Old 08-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy HELP needed from-Other Diabetics on Low Carb Diet

Deleted, if 50 poeple read this and not one person commented, I think maybe no one really cares. I willjust research on the internet for myself.

Last edited by nancymae; 08-31-2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: feel like I don't exist
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:09 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Nancymae, people care, maybe there are no diabetics on this particular board.

What I would suggest is posting this question on the diabetics board, I am sure some one will chime in to help.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:26 AM   #3  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

The diabetic forum here isn't very active, but there are a number of very strong diabetic boards, and I've learned a LOT from them about low-carbing. You might want to look at diabetes forum or diabetes daily, both of which have very active membership.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:31 AM   #4  
it's always something

Please also remember that the majority of page views logged are for people that are not even members here, just lurkers. So they can't reply There was very little activity on this forum after the time that you posted, so it's likely that anyone with the ability to post that read your message just didn't know the answer. I'm sorry you didn't get the help you needed, but hopefully someone on our diabetic forum will know the answer to your question.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:46 PM   #5  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Nancymae, I care; I'm just not diabetic, so I don't know how to help. You're welcome to post with the Atkins' chicks here any time; we'll give you all the support we can. But specifically for diabetics? Maybe you should investigate other sites too and still be our buddy!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I am diabetic and on a low-carb diet, and I probably would have been happy to answer your question if I could, but since you removed it, I can't. Yanking it after less than one day, doesn't give people much chance to reply (some of us take longer than that to think about the best way to answer a post). Remember this isn't a site manned with people being paid to answer questions, this is just random people talking to one another. Posting here is a bit like walking into a crowded mall, and shouting out a question - you might find people able and willing to help or you might have to walk a little further and shout out again.

There are a lot of reasons people may not reply to a question. They may have no information to give (and are hoping someone will reply, because they want the answer too), they may be shy, they may need time to think about the question before answering, they may not have seen your question......

If you needed information instantly, then yes - researching online is your best strategy. I hope you found what you were looking for.

If not, please post again - and give it a few days for those of us who don't visit daily, a chance to see your post.

You'll find a lot of support here, if you can be patient. I've been here a very long time, and there are still times that I ask questions that receive no answers at all (I don't assume no one cares, I just assume that anyone who saw it didn't have an answer for me). I've asked questions that took two or three months to get an answer (I'd forgotten I even asked the question), but most of the time I get at least three or four answers within three or four days.

Occasionally, I'll see a response very quickly, but it usually takes a while. Also, time of post can make a difference. Since we all live in different time zones, I don't want to list a specific time - but as a rule extremely late at night/early in the morning (my time) there's a good chance no one will see my post, and I'll have to ask again. If I ask mid-day, I'm more likely to get a response within 24 hours, but it can take longer, especially if the question is steered towards a particular group (such as diabetics, and/or low-carbers), and not everyone.

Good luck, and I hope you find what you're looking for.

Last edited by kaplods; 08-31-2010 at 10:56 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #7  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Did I even see the question? whats up nancymae? ALso, comeon over to the diabetes forum if you are not finding what you need in this section!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #8  
In it 4 the long haul

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I am also a type 2 diabetic. I post in the diabetic section and also the exercise videos. I occasionally look at the atkins and sometimes the southbeach sections because they are low carb. But like others have said I don't have a clue as to what you were asking. Like fatmad said post your question in the diabetic section and we will see what we can do to answer your question. There are just a few of us over there but it's like were family.

Leann
want2bfit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Sorry it was a crappy day and my blood sugar was up on 20 gr of carbs. Thanks for the responses I will take my questions to the diabetic board.

Last edited by nancymae; 09-03-2010 at 02:45 PM.
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #10  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Default Girl, change that frownie face!

Change that unhappy little face! You're doing great...you've lost lots of weight, and you've joined a challenge. Please keep posting with us if you want to - nobody says you can only have one or two sets of buddies...we're in this low-carbing together!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote