Old 05-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/207.5/150

Height: 5'6

Default Self Sabotage

I was doing wonderful on Atkins and then state testing hit!! I am a classroom teacher and the stress for my students to do well on the state test is horrible. I have went into a binge eating holiday and boy did I hurt my weight loss. It seems once I get to a certain weight I go the other way. I don't know, maybe I think I don't deserve it or maybe it is something else. All I know is that I hate the way I look and feel and I am back on Atkins induction full force. Wish me luck and no more Self Sabotage!!!!!!!! I am worth it.
My3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #2  

Good luck to you!
lilithb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #3  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

I struggle with that too... I have been over 200 for years now, and I think it's this weird yearning to get below it, yet stay in my comfort zone of being fat. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

If only this weight loss business could be a straight shot to goal. Well, I guess it is for some people. Persistence, not perfection, eh?
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #4  
Me at goal in 2008...

S/C/G: HW218/SW189/CW155/GW145

Height: 5'6"

I can't answer why, but me too.

I went from 218 to 146 - size 16 to a loose 6 in 2008 only to go back up to 189 at the end of 2009, a year and a half at a size 6 which I had never been in my life and I ate my way through some brutal stress and here I am again fighting with myself to lose it........I can see gaining 5, 10, 15 pounds but 45???? What was I thinking????

Live and learn I suppose, here's hoping this is our last time!!!
MOM24QTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

I do this too. I have certain weights where i'm obviously comfortable hanging out - I hover there forever. I'm in one of those ranges right now - won't be safely out of for almost 20 pounds... So I just keep on muddling through (or trying to - been struggling a bit lately)
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #6  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I think it is quite normal to have disruptions when we are stressed, and finding non-food stress reducers is helpful, but doesn't do it all for people who have used food for comfort for their lives. So forgive yourself and get back on track.
I also think the key is to stop the overeating quickly. I have been going through some grief since my mother died 8 weeks ago today. I didn't stick to plan for a week around the death and funeral, and had some blips as I tried to get back on plan. I gained about 3 pounds back but was able to stop the long slow slide before it got too bad. I was really happy with that.
But last year, after some good weight loss, (finally below 170 after years of struggle) I gained it back with long term stress of my aging parents' illnesses. So I can't say I dealt with long term stress well, and want to get past that, it IS likely to happen again, and I don't want to undo the good I've done.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #7  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I think it is quite normal to have disruptions when we are stressed, and finding non-food stress reducers is helpful, but doesn't do it all for people who have used food for comfort for their lives. So forgive yourself and get back on track.
I also think the key is to stop the overeating quickly. I have been going through some grief since my mother died 8 weeks ago today. I didn't stick to plan for a week around the death and funeral, and had some blips as I tried to get back on plan. I gained about 3 pounds back but was able to stop the long slow slide before it got too bad. I was really happy with that.
But last year, after some good weight loss, (finally below 170 after years of struggle) I gained it back with long term stress of my aging parents' illnesses. So I can't say I dealt with long term stress well, and want to get past that, it IS likely to happen again, and I don't want to undo the good I've done.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote