3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   TOM strikes again! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/194515-tom-strikes-again.html)

firefly68 02-17-2010 04:42 PM

TOM strikes again!

Oh woe is me! So here we are again, with Tom's first visit since I started Atkins. I seem to be three entire pounds heavier than at my last weigh in! I knew I shouldn't weigh during this, but I did. It does make me feel bad. I know it shouldn't. It's as if three of the seven pounds I struggled to lose during Induction have been stolen from me.... and what if they just stay on instead of disappearing instantly once Tom has left town?

Oh, the worries. Oh, the drama!
:?:

HealthierLori 02-17-2010 04:55 PM

They will disappear, I promise! I was 169 before my TOM and now I'm 163 as of this morning! They will disappear, I promise! Just watch every month, you will see a pattern where you gain water weight and then lose it again. It's just how we are made, and there isn't anything we can do about it except to remind ourselves not to worry!

I was worried too. It's normal to worry and notice the scale more. But I can tell you from experience it will go away and you'll be happy again in a week! :)

firefly68 02-17-2010 05:18 PM

yay, thank you! That's just what I needed to hear. I was crying into my One Minute Muffin, but now I'm happier. :)

honeybjones 02-17-2010 05:58 PM

Wish my scale said 157. Wanna trade scales?

firefly68 02-17-2010 06:47 PM

Hi honeybjones! :) Sorry, I don't mean to sound ungrateful about being 157. It's the gain that is so upsetting, not the number really.

Aw...well, in a few days. Maybe it will go away!

cher37 02-17-2010 07:53 PM

... thought this might make you feel better ... I used to gain upwards of 8lbs during my TOM, but now, I've had 2 cycles since starting (every 21 days - thought this might make you feel better ;)) & went up 3-4 lbs each time - what I hang on to now (and won't necessarily dread TOM's arrival) is that when it's all finished, the water weight's gone +1lb!

oh, I've also noticed that with following Atkins, with the low-carb, there's been hardly (if at all) any blood sugar lows = fewer (& of less intensity) mood swings during TOM!

p.s. remember to eat your greens & drink your water + some

honeybjones 02-17-2010 08:03 PM

I shouldn't tease you. I haven't had a cycle in 2 1/2 years so monthly weight gain is not something I have to deal with. Ok there..we're even. :lol:

Ok someone help me decide what to watch tonight--Obese and Pregnant or America's Best Pigout Spots.

firefly68 02-17-2010 08:16 PM

I've noticed that about the blood sugar. Thanks cher37 -- now I'm excited about what will happen in a few days after this is all overwith! :)

That's strange you should mention 21 days. I've had the same thing going on the past two months or so.

thistoo 02-17-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybjones (Post 3157951)
Ok someone help me decide what to watch tonight--Obese and Pregnant or America's Best Pigout Spots.

Ha! I'm watching Obese and Pregnant, but I'm bored so I keep switching back to the rerun of Ghost Hunters. I'm in the throes of TOM myself right now (up 4 pounds, but I'm used to it) so I can't handle the Pigout show. I'm already hungry enough. ;)

firefly68 02-17-2010 08:30 PM

No cycle in 2 1/2 years? We're not even: you're the winner! LOL I'm watching snowboarding on the olympics, although not intently.

honeybjones 02-17-2010 08:31 PM

Isn't that a disgusting symbol of the mixed messages people get in this country? "Eat enough to feed a small village but you better not get fat!"

honeybjones 02-17-2010 08:33 PM

lol I have a birth control implant that stops your cycle in 20% of women. Sometimes its good to be in the minority.

cher37 02-17-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefly68 (Post 3157973)
... That's strange you should mention 21 days. I've had the same thing going on the past two months or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybjones (Post 3158005)
lol I have a birth control implant that stops your cycle in 20% of women. Sometimes its good to be in the minority.

Yep. No - nothing to do with birth control. Every 21 days for 2 "full" days (sorry if TMI :o) .... I have a "unic-horned* uterus" (half a uterus) w. 1 functioning tube - so for me, nothing's normal!

/cheryl

Violet73 02-17-2010 09:31 PM

ok this is a very interesting yet funny thread! I am quite entertained! :D

HealthierLori 02-18-2010 11:57 AM

Cheryl! This is way TMI (I apologize to everyone if I gross you out) but I am a didelphys uterus! I have two uterii (is that the plural of uterus, LOL?) and two cervixes and two....well, two of everything on the inside. So I always think I get double periods. It will start on the left and then finish on the right - I get cramps on one side real bad then cramps on the other side even worse, LOL. And you are right - nothing is normal for us! And oh my goodness talk about needing to take iron every month. Whew!