Old 02-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #1  

Default What is your favorite Low-carb sweet?

I haven't gotten very creative with sweets on this WOE before. Strawberries were always a favorite of mine on or off this WOE but they are low-carb and are so yummy when craving something sweet! What is yours? Wanna share your recipe?
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #2  
Re-newbie

S/C/G: 161/139/128

Height: 5'4"

I've said it before, but I love this so much that I have to do a replay! It's cream cheese sweetened with a little Splenda, sometimes with a drop of pure vanilla extract mixed in, and dusted with either cocoa powder or cinnamon. It's just like cheesecake!

Once I'm out of Induction, I might top it with some strawberries. I agree with you, those are awesome!
firefly68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Chocolate
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/chocola...fle_torte.html
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #4  

yummy.....I'm drooling like Kim now LOL! hope more people add their favorites! fun fun fun!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly68 View Post
I've said it before, but I love this so much that I have to do a replay! It's cream cheese sweetened with a little Splenda, sometimes with a drop of pure vanilla extract mixed in, and dusted with either cocoa powder or cinnamon. It's just like cheesecake!

Once I'm out of Induction, I might top it with some strawberries. I agree with you, those are awesome!
I may have to try this sometime!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #6  
Results Are Typical

S/C/G: 232/217/180

Height: 5' 1.5"

Firefly, I tried that cream cheese concoction and it was wicked good. Put it on a graham cracker for my husband and he said it tasted like an angel. I was an angel and ate mine right off the spoon.
honeybjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 176/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I still like scrambling a couple of eggs, then I add a little cinnamon, 1/2 package of Splenda, and Waldens SF Pancake Syrup (thanks Kim!), it tastes soooooo good and really fills me up!
TobyThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #8  
Re-newbie

S/C/G: 161/139/128

Height: 5'4"

Glad you liked it, honeybjones!

Another recipe I found is for Chocolate Buttercream

melt 2 oz of unsweetened baking chocolate and allow to cool

gradually whisk in 1/3 cup heavy cream with the melted chocolate

Using an electric mixer on medium setting, add 1 stick of softened, unsalted butter, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, and 6 packets of Splenda.

It makes 8 servings, so serving sizes are very small -- but the quality is high for chocolate lovers. It takes a bit of work, but is induction friendly and decadent and clocks in at about 2 net carbs per serving.
firefly68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #9  
Jessica

S/C/G: 210/202/160

Height: 5.2

i like mixing creamcheese, tiny bit of butter with different flavors.. I have bannana in my cupboard along with hershey's coco powder.. oh and mixed with splenda of course! I sometimes do mint and chocolate.. yum yum
JessicaRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #10  

Quote:

YUMMY! I had this tonight and it was delicious! Cant wait to add some fresh strawberries to it!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #11  

I use the Mock danish recipe I found on another site, it seems to be on quite a few sites, but I spray a small glass bowl with pam, in another bowl, I beat one egg, 2 oz. of softened cream cheese (leave little lumps), a dash of vanilla, cinnamon, and 1 pkt. splenda then pour all in the greased small bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. It's great. I even added dark cocoa for a chocolate danish. They're really good and the cinnamon danish reminds me of how french toast tastes.
LisaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

I have mainly gotten used to not having the "sweet" taste - I don't use artificial sweeteners.

I do a variation of the cream cheese thing but with mascarpone cheese instead (has even more butterfat and doesn't have the same tangyness) which I mix with unsweetened cocoa powder or cinnamon or vanilla extract or a mix of those.

I also indulge in small amounts of 99% cocoa chocolate (again, unsweetened except that 1%). You have to like DARK chocolate, but if you do it's AMAZING - so much flavor you don't even miss the sweet.

And berries are a favorite too in season - but I need to watch it with them - I can easily overindulge. I like to mix them with cream and mascarpone cheese with my stick blender & freeze in small quantities (about 2 oz portions). Yum - just a few weeks and the first ones should be in season!
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahinparis View Post
I have mainly gotten used to not having the "sweet" taste - I don't use artificial sweeteners.

I do a variation of the cream cheese thing but with mascarpone cheese instead (has even more butterfat and doesn't have the same tangyness) which I mix with unsweetened cocoa powder or cinnamon or vanilla extract or a mix of those.

I also indulge in small amounts of 99% cocoa chocolate (again, unsweetened except that 1%). You have to like DARK chocolate, but if you do it's AMAZING - so much flavor you don't even miss the sweet.
I love dark chocolate, I'll have to give that a try. Is there a certain brand of 99% chocolate that you use?
LisaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:

You just mix it together at room temp?
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #15  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

These are just like little cheesecakes! I made a batch yesterday and took them over to my sister's for movie night so I wouldn't have them in my house tempting me. My sister and BIL are doing Atkins with me, and they really enjoyed these too:

cream cheese muffins

2 8oz. pks. philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 cup sweetener (I use spenda)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Soften cream cheese about 40 seconds in microwave. Add other ingredients. Beat with mixer till smooth. Pour into 12 muffin pans lined with the papers. Bake at 350 for 20 min.

I reserved a little of the Splenda to mix with cinnamon and a tsp of butter for a sort of crumble topping. I'm a cinnamon junkie so I really liked the added flavor, but a little lemon zest would have been nice too.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote