Old 01-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #1  
Re-newbie

S/C/G: 161/139/128

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello! I am new!

I'm excited to be learning about the Atkins lifestyle. I have friends and family who have had success not only losing weight, but also in managing blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and even controlling or averting diabetes following the Atkins way of eating.

I used to do Weight Watchers (another great lifestyle) but after a few years I began to make poor choices, and found myself opting for sugary foods over nutritious ones. Calories were low, hunger was high, and I suspected I needed to make a change or I would just abandon my weight management efforts altogether. That change starts today.

Just wanted to give everyone a wave and say hi! I'll be calling on you for support!
firefly68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #2  

hey firefly and welcome! Some people on this board follow strict Atkins and some do a modified version. welcome to the board and good luck!

Last edited by Violet73; 01-31-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

Smile

Hi, welcome! I'm so glad you are here! We're always here to help answer any questions you might have!

I know you will do great on the Atkins plan, and you'll be amazed at how easy it is (after the first two weeks.) The first couple of weeks can be a bit rough, but if you are determined and hang in there, you'll discover you have so much more energy, etc. It's a wonderful thing!

Best of luck to you, I know you will reach your goals!
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #4  
Re-newbie

Thanks for the welcome! I'm going to do my best to hang in there for the first couple of weeks because I've seen how well it works. More energy is always a good thing!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Welcome Firefly! I never tried Weight Watchers so I can't say anything about that.. I do love Atkins though! One thing I found out is that I am never hungry on this diet!

We are here for you!
Toby
TobyThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #6  
Re-newbie

Thanks, Toby. This is the beginning of Day 2 for me. I'm keeping a positive attitude and haven't experienced any withdrawal symptoms so far. Every time I think of making a run for something with bad carbs, I just try to remember that there is a huge variety of better options to choose from -- and yes it is great to not be hungry.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'0

Hello! Today is my first day too. I did south beach for quite a long time and was succesfull, but lately had a hard time sticking to it. So my hubby and I decided to try this. I am excited and I love trying new recipes. Let's stick with it
Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #8  
Re-newbie

Hi Nigelswife! I have heard good things about South Beach but never tried it -- I used to think it was a low carb lifestyle, sort of like Atkins, but people were quick to correct me on that. Congratulations on your success with South Beach, and good luck as we both begin Aktins! Let's think of it as an adventure: a happy, healthy, skinny adventure with an immense variety of whole, nutritious foods and recipes to try.