Old 04-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #1  

Default I just started Atkins today

I have been doing Weight Watchers since January and have lost less than 5 pounds. I go to Curves 3x per week, and also started a spinning class, but the weight won't come off! So, I decided to try something different. I am hoping that Atkins works for me and I am looking to join a community that I can share this experience with.

Thanks!

M
gone4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #2  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Good luck! Generally it's smooth sailing after your body detoxes from carbs and lets go of carb cravings ~ which generally takes a few days. Let us know how it goes!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

to Atkins M!!

Have you read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution? If you haven't, I strongly suggest you do before beginning the program. Its much differnt than WW.

You may want to have a look at : http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html for some of the best Atkins recipes on the web. The ones marked with an * are suitable for Induction.

You CAN do this!!

All the best to you!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 04-07-2009 at 12:05 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #4  

I just started back low carbing myself (I did it a couple of years ago and lost 30 lbs) this past week. I've done WW, and a bunch of others, but I've found that low carb works best for me - once I get into it, it's pretty easy to stick to, most of the cravings go away, and my appetite goes down quite a bit.

Definately read the Atkins book, and I'll also recommend George Stella's cookbooks for recipes from a chef's POV. It definately helps when your "diet food" tastes good!

I have one week down - lost 3 lbs, and am getting into the groove again.
HerBoudoir is offline   Reply With Quote