Old 01-31-2009, 10:37 PM   #1  
Age Quod Agis

S/C/G: 184/177/134

Height: 5'5.5''

Default what do you order from netrition?

Hey Atkins folks,

I'm in the process of transitioning from Induction to OWL, and I'm going to order a package from netrition...

I live in a neighborhood where its pretty hard to get good low carb products, so I was wondering what items do you order from netrition.

So far this is on my list:
~Da Vinci gourmet syrup
~Dixie diner muffin mix
~Heinz 1 carb ketchup

Are there any low carb products out there that you frequently buy from this website?

Thanks!
sweetshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:41 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I personally stay far away from "low carb products"...but, I do occasionally use DaVinci's syrup. I am able to get it at the local Marshall's here. The supermarket I shop at carries Heinz ketchup, which is no longer being marketed as "1 carb"...but, rather as "reduced sugar".
Be sure to read labels carefully, especially on those Dixie Diner muffin mixes...a lot of them contain unbleached FLOUR!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #3  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Like Jersey Girl said, none. The low-carb laboratory-created products really messed me up last time so I am completely avoiding them this time. When I get to pre-maintenance I will add in more whole foods, fruits and vegetables, but no low-carb products.

Sorry, that's probably not what you wanted to hear...

Last edited by DCHound; 02-01-2009 at 09:11 AM. Reason: typo
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #4  
Age Quod Agis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
I personally stay far away from "low carb products"...but, I do occasionally use DaVinci's syrup. I am able to get it at the local Marshall's here. The supermarket I shop at carries Heinz ketchup, which is no longer being marketed as "1 carb"...but, rather as "reduced sugar".
Be sure to read labels carefully, especially on those Dixie Diner muffin mixes...a lot of them contain unbleached FLOUR!
Mmmm... good point. Maybe I'd be better off trying out muffin & pancake recipes from Linda's low carb website Furthermore, the more effort it takes to make it, the less often I eat it.

I have scoured three grocery stores i my neighborhood (one being a health food store) for low carb ketchup, but no luck. I have about 2 tbsps of ketchup MINIMUM per day, even during induction (I can't help it... I'm addicted to ketchup) so having low carb ketchup would save me like 6g of carbs per day (which is a lot when you're aiming for under 25g).

Jerseygyrl, out of curiosity, how much do you pay for the low carb ketchup per bottle? (just wondering)
Old 02-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #5  
Age Quod Agis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post

Also, white flour. Good thing I asked before I bought. White flour is a no-no. I make a rule of not using it myself in my own kitchen, even before I started dieting. There's enough white flour out there in the world to tempt me- I really don't need more of that at home. After all, no good shall come (or ever come) from white flour

Last edited by sweetshauna; 02-01-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 174/174/135

Height: 5'7"

I found the 1 carb/sugar free Heinz ketchup at Walmart. I don't use it all the time just thought I would try and see. It does taste the same to me.
Iffy is offline   Reply With Quote