Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 AM   #16  

You guys make me want to cook. I don't have much time on weeknights, so my usual dinner is something grilled - pork chops, chicken breasts or hamburgers and a veggie either sauted or steamed in the microwave. I've never found low carb BBQ sauce, so I use alot of dry seasonings (lemon pepper, garlic powder). The veggies usually get real butter and sometimes lemon pepper. Sometimes I cook on weekends but I haven't spent too much time looking up recipes. I'm the only low carb -er in the family, so if I have time to cook it's usually two versions of something or two completely different meals and of course that takes even more time.
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #17  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Wow, some of this stuff sounds delicious!!

Dinner for me tonight is chicken thighs marinated in chiavetta's and a veggie, probably broccoli. But I like the idea of that cauliflower bake!! We'll see how tired I am at the end of the day.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:43 PM   #18  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Cool Zero Carb Barbeque sauce

This isn't a special diet, or low-carb barbeque sauce. It's just Eastern North Carolina vinegar-based barbeque sauce (We're world famous for our barbeque) I use Scott's Barbecue Sauce - "Good on all Meats and Seafood."

1-800-734-SAUCE or www.SCOTTSBARBECUESAUCE.COM

No carbs, no fat, no calories...really good. Not expensive.

Last edited by sandyfanny; 07-31-2008 at 06:45 PM.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:00 PM   #19  
Miss Fatty McFat

S/C/G: 230/210/170

Height: 6'0"

HI SandyFanny!!! Yes- i watched the 3-day marathon of this couple on Dr. Phil- they are both nuts- i mean warning signs everywhere!!! i thought i felt bad for her, but now-no- think about the kids!!!!
Anyway, glad you watched as well- no one at worked watched it, i had to vent on it- crazy!
So- Today is Day 6- ah yes....almost a week done- must lose weight, must lose weight- today i took over the project management of our new contact management IT system- i've only been there 4 days- but i totally took over- very proud of myself!!! Sometimes you just have to take control, it felt nice!!! Really missing teaching in the classroom these days- a cubicle or desk just doesn't do it for me...at least my schedule is kickin'
So, i had chicken salad with celery and lettuce for lunch
dinner- ground beef, a little cheese, green peppers, onions, salt, pepper, garlic, and bacon- not too bad- just all mixed up in my wok!
I hope this works- remember, 30 is just around the corner, and i must be thin my by birthday!!!
I just want to hit the 170's by then- but i also want to set a long-term goal of a year- so by the end of july next year, i would love to weigh in the 140's
So, that gives me a year of probably ups and downs...but sure fire dedication- i just want to wear a nice pair of long paints and a tucked in tight t-shirt- i don't know why, but i wear dresses a lot to cover everything up!! and long skirts! ugh-
just to let you know- i love jcrew! i keep looking at their online sale section- i used to order clothes from there when i was thinner- now at size 14 there are things- but their sizes run really small- so i am waiting until i hit size 10 to start purchasing!
LOTS OF WATER TODAY!!!!! it's so hot in phoenix, so it's not hard!
Anyway, keep it up!!!! We can do it!!!!!! Lose that weight, wear those tight little clothes we all want to fit into, tight and sexy!!!! just like our bodies!!!
Bye
Me
iwillbethin29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:48 PM   #20  

OMG Chiavetta's! I grew up outside Buffalo...I wish I could get some delivered lol.

Grilled some salmon tonight with broccoli.
Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #21  
Less Juicey

Default Dinner at Macaroni Grill

I had dinner at Macaroni Grill Wednesday night:

Grilled Filet topped with Boursin Cheese and herbs - really delicious (I didn't know it would come with some sort of sauce under it - au jus, but it was thickened with something white!) So I avoided the sauce.

Skipped the potato and ordered double grilled asparagus / iced tea.

Tonight - new recipe from 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet: Bacon Cheeseburger Salad. The recipe says it serves one, but it easily serves two hungry people - stop it! girls...I had a friend over who was amazed my "diet food" was so good. She scraped her salad bowl!

Ice cream whipped up in the Cuisinart for dessert. Totally Yum!
Old 08-01-2008, 03:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 181/166/132

Height: 5'9

I made a stir fry with shrimp and broccoli tonight.

Tomorrow I'm making some some pork loin fillet in the oven. Haven't decided on the details yet.
BlondeAmbition08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:49 PM   #23  
Less Juicey

Cool Green Bean and garlic sautee...

Dinner tonight was really good!

Grilled Steak
green beans sauteed with olive oil and garlic
vidalia onion sauteed in butter
cauliflower baked with heavy cream and cheddar cheese

The cauliflower was excellent. It tasted like macaroni and cheese! Yes! Maybe it's because I'm at day 15 without bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc...This menu is easy, but it could easily be "company best to impress."
Old 08-08-2008, 03:22 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 280/254/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Mock Fried Rice

MMmmm. Seriously love this dish. I could probably eat it once a day. When I am really missing chinese food this is what I have for dinner... or lunch... or maybe even breakfast.

Ingredients:
1/2 head raw cauliflower, (grated to make 3 1/2 cups)
3 green onions
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
3 eggs, beaten
Olive Oil
Cooked Chicken, Beef, Pork, Shrimp, Ham, Turkey, etc.
- Any mixture, your choice.

In a wok or large flat skillet, heat enough oil to cover the bottom. Fry minced garlic (or garlic powder) with finely diced white part of onions for approximately 1 minute. Add grated cauliflower and fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add soy, ginger, diced green onion tops, and pre-cooked cubed meat or baby shrimp. Stir to mix well and brown a bit. Push mixture to one side of pan. Add more oil if necessary and scramble eggs in empty side of pan until done but still moist. Stir eggs into "rice" mix and remove from heat.

Serves 3-4. 5-7 carbs per serving. Stores and re-heats beautifully.

NOTE: For an additional 6 grams for the entire recipe, try adding 1/2 cup frozen green peas (about 2 minutes after adding cauliflower.) It adds great flavor and richness to the dish
Lunargds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #25  
Less Juicey

Cool MMM...is right!

Your cauliflower fried rice sounds delicious. I love Chinese food. Fortunately, the restaurant I really liked closed, so the temptation is a memory. But I have a nice, fresh head of cauliflower today. I'm going to make this for my dinner with fresh shrimp. Thanks so much.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 181/166/132

Height: 5'9

I'm going to have a left over portion of spinach lasagna that I made thursday night. ( http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/spinach_lasagna.html )

If anyone is going to make it, I would suggest seasoning the spinach mixture. Tastes slightly like eating wet grass when warmed otherwise.
BlondeAmbition08 is offline   Reply With Quote