Old 06-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #1  
on a mission

Thumbs up New to Atkins and 3 Chicks

Hello everyone!

Ive been semi-lurking around here for a few weeks, posted a bit, but not much! Looks like a really supportive group of people, just what I am looking for. I have been doing Atkins for about 3.5 weeks and have lost 14 lbs. I am very happy with my progress, I have seen others lose waaaaay more, but I will just plug along.

I am a recovering BEDA and this is one of the only ways of eating that I have found that is helping my brain in the right way. My emotional urge to binge is still there but my physical symptoms are so much less, weird. Guess it's a little harder to binge when there is only chicken, steak, pork, shrimp and cruciferous vegetables in the house too!

Any support and advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for being here!
Salubrious Fervor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

and to Atkins!!

Congratulations on your weightloss so far!!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement! Feel free to ask lots of questions

You CAN do this!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

and congratulations on your WL so far.. thats AWESOME !!!!!!

These are the best ladies around but I'm sure you already new that

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #4  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi Fervor - WOW you are doing GREAT!
I hate the first 5 weeks but your success is so encouraging to me. My sister is one who can drop 15 lbs in one week on Atkins - (I'm thinking she must just breathe and not eat anything... ) But I am more your speed and I will be excited if I have results like yours.

Keep up the great work and hope to chat with you more on the weekly/daily chat thread.
Kim
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:44 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kim !!!!! good to see ya chickie, welcome back
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #6  
It's my time to shine...

S/C/G: 234/225/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey, sounds like you're doing really good so far! Congrats! Today is my first day and I'm doing okay so far. I realize that I may not see results for about a week or so, but I have still stepped on the scale. Bad move It actually went up, not down, but I know it's got to have something to do with all the water I've been drinking! I think I'll stay away from the scale for a few days. Anyhow, the snacking thing is one of my weaknesses, too. I eat mostly out of boredom. In fact, I think about food at awkward times... lol! I just keep reminding myself that no matter how many "snack foods" are in this house, they aren't meant for me and my figure!
RissaIsAFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:47 PM   #7  
on a mission

just make sure you are snacking on the right induction foods, thats what I do, I am a snacker too!
Salubrious Fervor is offline   Reply With Quote