Old 04-30-2008, 10:09 AM   #16  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

back Sylvia!!

Being with family & getting away from your daily eating routine can prove to be difficult. Unless people have had a weight problem & "dieted" all their lives...they simply do not understand. But, we do the best we can with the circumstances we have. Don't beat yourself up...you'll be just fine!

Its great to have you back!!!

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Jersey Girl --
Just noticed what a FAB new photo you have up with your posts -- what a success you are.... but please, when can I start having some youghurt? Do you ever use TOTAL?
Ruby
RubyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #18  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyJan View Post
Jersey Girl --
Just noticed what a FAB new photo you have up with your posts -- what a success you are.... but please, when can I start having some youghurt? Do you ever use TOTAL?
Ruby
Thanks RubyJan...the photo was taken a couple weeks ago in Pennsylvania. I'm going to be 47 in a few months soooo...I'll take all the compliments I can get

As far as adding yogurt, that would come under the 2nd rung of the carb ladder on OWL. You've got to read labels, most yogurt, even the plain is full of carbs. I LOVE Fage greek yogurt...I get the 5%...its 5 carbs for 5.3 oz. Its a "special treat"...I only have this occasionally (besides, its expensive!). I usually have Dannon light n fit low carb/low sugar vanilla yogurt, which is 3 carbs, sweetened with Splenda, every morning for breakfast.

I'm not sure what TOTAL is???
Old 05-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #19  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

hey ladies... im struggling a little... havent lost a thing now for 3 days which seems odd on induction... i dont think im in ketosis either.... starting to get concerned... what if my metabolism is getting worse?
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:14 PM   #20  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPaula View Post
hey ladies... im struggling a little... havent lost a thing now for 3 days which seems odd on induction... i dont think im in ketosis either.... starting to get concerned... what if my metabolism is getting worse?
Paula,

What exactly are you eating? Would you mind posting a typical day's menu?
Old 05-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #21  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

down to 207 today, i am a little impatient arent i!!

typical menu:

breakfast: water, scrambled eggs and sausage or bacon

lunch: tuna mayo salad

snack: chicken breast, celery, cheese cubes

dinner: chicken stuffed with mozerella, wrapped in bacon, aparagus in butter, side salad with olive oil dressing.

at least 2 litres water daily, no coffee, no tea, and caffeine free diet coke, multi vitamin, omega 3, 6 and 9 capsule.
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote