Old 04-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #16  
Going to ONEderland

Hi Aud, yes you have made some progress! Me I regressed. Almost to my starting point, but I just couldn't stand the idea of going all the way back to square one.

These last two days though... I think I'm messing myself up. Not eating enough for breakfast and probably putting my body into starvation mode. No new losses for the last couple of days. Not that I expect it every day, but if I'm doing true induction I usually do lose a little every day for at least a couple of weeks.

So I must have slipped to a higher level of carbs, or else just not eating enough early enough. I made some soup a couple of days ago that I thought would be low carb, but now I wonder. It had onion and garlic and leeks and celery root in it. It was awful. So yesterday I added a can of tomatoes to it (ground up) and it was better. But no clue how many carbs. I guess I haven't looked up those foods to see what they contain.

Anyway today I'm doing well other than the not eating early this morning thing. I work six hours a day so I usually get off by 2 or 2:30. But if I don't eat in the morning or bring something with me I'm starving by then. Can't be good for me. I have to stop it.

Exercise? What's that? Seriously I've just gotten LAZY. I do quite a bit of walking but that is about it.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #17  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hiya all,

I hear ya on the breakfast thing, Sherry. I don't like to eat as soon as I get up, usualy have a sort of brunch instead. I'ts hard to get in the habbit of eating more in the AM.

Aud, Did I see 28 bud lites? oooohhhh I miss beer.

I got good calories bad calories today from the library, finaly.

I had a OK day today, feeling pretty crapy since I haven't been sleeping. Still not back on the treadmill, but walked around the mall for an hour. And bought some new clothes, frustrating to be between sizes, 12s are still a litle tight and 14s are to big. Realy need some new pants as the ones I have are sagging of my but.

Have a good evening everyone !
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #18  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

28? ummm yeah . . . being bored 'n crazy ain't the ONLY reason we name slippers around here puncie!

Yes sherry I've made some progress . . . GOT DOWN TO 212# @ Txgiving!!! Holidays did me in & I'm still finding my way back.

HAVE kept the exercise habit - for the most part - compared to other times in my life - so that's the only good thing I have to report.

We were talking about pizza somewhere . . . never have made the cauli-crust pizza, but gotta go search for my all time fave LC Pizza - want to make tomorrow & have in the fridge . . . it is SO GOOD . . . brb

DEEP DISH PIZZA QUICHE

4 oz softened cream cheese
4 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
1 tbs chives
1/2 tsp Italian or pizza seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese (I use mozzarella/cheddar mix)
1/2 tsp wet garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup lowest carb tomato or pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Toppings to taste (I use pepperoni, sausage, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, whatever!)

Preheat oven to 375.
Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth (I use a blender).
Add cream, parmesean cheese and spices.
Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with PAM.
Put 2 cups of shredded cheese in dish and pour egg mixture over.
Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Spread with sauce and then add your toppings.
Cover with mozzarella cheese.
Bake till browning and bubbly (or however you like your 'za!)
Let stand for 5 minutes or so.

Last edited by aud; 04-01-2008 at 10:14 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #19  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Its a beautiful, sunny day here in the northeast! It just occured to me this morning that I'll be on Atkins 4 years next week! Its funny, I don't really think about it much because its so second nature to me. Even grocery shopping is simple....I just avoid the inner aisles with the exception of the salad dressing/mayo aisle. I keep it pretty simple...chicken, fish, veggies, salad, eggs, yogurt & occasionally nuts.
Wishing you ladies a wonderful low carb day!!

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #20  
Going to ONEderland

Good morning, the scale is stuck. Not going up, not going down. I guess that is a good thing? The not going up part anyway. Yesterday I made a protein powder and strawberry smoothy. Other than that everything I ate was completely induction foods. At least I think it was.

I don't seem to be (how to put this delicately?) going to the bathroom much. I'm thinking that once my body decides to give it up, that I will lose some more weight. I don't think I'm constipated, just seems like there's nothing there.

Ok enough on that ugly subject.

Going to try and eat an egg before going to work. Maybe that will help me to rev up my metabolism a bit. Can't keep slowing it down.

I watched "Becoming Jane" yesterday. It was about Jane Austen's life. I'm not sure how accurate it was, part of it was like watching Pride and Prejudice so I wonder if those events were really real in her life or if someone assumed she was writing about herself. It was a nice story either way, but without the happy ending you would hope for.

Work again today. Hubby isn't working. Frustrating that. I'm not sure what to do to motivate him. He doesn't really seem to be trying all that hard and I'm frustrated with him. I can't keep supporting us forever, it is costing too much. On the other hand he seems to spend less when we have less so it may be almost a wash. I got a notice the other day that my dental insurance costs for my family is going up, and since it will be nearly a hundred a month, I'm thinking of dropping it. We don't use it anyway because it doesn't pay enough when we do use it, and I hate going into more debt.

So all these manipulations... Ah well.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #21  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Good afternoon, ladies and welcome my Auddie! I missed you the most when I took a hiatus from 3FC...so I'm glad to see that you're posting over here in Atkins-land now that we have our very own place

Congrats to JG on your upcoming Atkinsaversary! You're such a HUGE Atkins support here on the LC Forums, and a testament to how LC is a maintainable, sustainable way of eating for life.

Hang in there, Sherry, things will be looking up soon! One thing that used to constantly GET me while I was dieting is if I didn't see the scale move for a few days at a time, I would get upset and frustrated. That frustration would trigger a "what the heck, if it isn't working anyway..." sort of attitude, and before I knew it, I would be face-first in a bag of Oreos. Don't let a stall or the stress in your life get to you too much and if it starts to, remember that junk food won't fix it.

Wanted to say hey to you, too, Punce! Looking forward to hearing if you're feeling any better today.

--------

I'm doing pretty well today, aside from the fact that yesterday afternoon/evening and this morning my hip is KILLING me. I get a couple days occasionally where I get AWFUL pain in my hips. It's usually one side or the other--never both, but it isn't a specific hip, either. I had awful sleep last night, and I was in excruciating pain trying to get from my bed to my bathroom in the middle of the night (and it's really only about a 7 ft. walk between the two). It's less painful this morning so far, though I'm walking with a slight limp.

I was running late because I overslept, so my first meal of the day happened at 11:30--not ideal. But! I started my first meal with a small salad, so I'm working on incorporating more veggies. I do need to start watching what I'm eating, though...I found myself late-night snacking again last night. NOT because I was hungry, but because I was bored. I need to be more conscious of my hunger level and overall calories. I know Atkins says you don't need to count them, but I still do, just to keep myself in line. My 1500-1600 calorie days have turned into 1800+ calorie nights recently (my Fit Day AVERAGE calorie intake for the last week is 1826). So, I'm going to keep an eye on that. I have a feeling that upping my veggie intake will go a long way to helping me keep my calories in a good range for weight loss. I'm also working on keeping my fat intake high--I've been adding oil to things and I've been buying dark meat skin-on chicken instead of chicken breast.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Hope you ladies are enjoying your day!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Default I am ready to go by the book.....

Hello Everyone --
I have been goofing around for months trying to get my weight situation sorted out, and have found myself only gaining more weight!!! So I think its time to stop all the compromises and lies I tell myself, and just get back on the programme. I did Atkins six years ago (gee....a long time ago), and the two years I stayed on programme were the happiest I can remember -- and once i fell off, I fell into the abyss of self-hatred, etc. and got into major bingeing. I spent a year in OA, and learned (for a while) how to have three meals a day, but I ended up getting sort of creeped-out by the thing -- not having a routine, but having to do the steps, etc. (Wiritng an 80- page narrative of all the things I have done wrong didn't cheer me up, I have to say). Then my relationship of 14 years went the way that these things can do, and I spent some time just bingeing and crying.
From time to time I try to do Atkins, but just don't do it properly, and get all caught up in eating the low-carb foods...
So... I was 124 pounds when I was a successful Atkins Girl, and I am 189 pounds today!! -- 25 of those pounds came on in the last three years.
My committment: NO ATKINS PRODUCTS, NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS, and no way but the 'by the book' way.
Tonight I am going to go and watch the Scorsese film of the Rolling Stones, and in themorning I am starting off with two boiled eggs and some mozerella cheese for breakfast; chicken and one handful of salad for lunch; and sauteed shrimps with pea=pods for supper.
I hope I can check in with this great chat thread as my first week progresses.
Its funny, because I was surprised at how few threads there are on this Atkins part of 3FC -- but reading this set of chat gives me some idea why. Anyway, I am throwing my hat in with the Dedicated Atkinisers.
RubyJan
RubyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #23  
aud
lc lifestyle

I missed you 2 az & also WORRIED when you were gone LOL! Having a 21 yr old helped me over that - knew you were off finding your own way & having YOUNG FUN!

Speaking of YOUNG FUN . . . that hip thing doesn't sound YOUNG or FUN! Is the pain in your butt at all? (Seriously-when you said its "not specific" has me worried) . . . my experience being OLD & NOT-So-FUN, thinks this could be a disc in your low back - that's what happened to me anyway. OR have you ever hurt your hip?

I've been following your trials 'n tribulations with grad school & so proud that you are rolling with it & making Plan B's Girl! Waking up to lunch gives you a good idea of what nite shift is like . . . the main reason I just wake up & slug down a shake - weird hours.

HAPPY ATKINSVERSARY JG!

I've been struggling with my eating here in Lay-Off Land . . . emotional/binge/depression &alloftheabove* . . . I'm thinking that the Atkins Forum is helping me get my Focus Back On . . . love reading the menu's - also just remembered I need to update on the exercise Thread - I'm managing maintain despite my eating woes - by keeping up on the ex & water.

Weighing too much has affected me b4 too sherry - but also now on this lay off I don't have a scale I "trust" (always w/i @ work) . . . so not weighing at all is adding to my WTH eating lately. Think when I'm out today - might go by the Dr.'s office & see the damage done.

"Ugly" Subject: I occasionally am taking Ex Lax "Senna Smooth" . . . (off the clearance rack) . . . gentle.

Well, gals that LC Pizza Quiche refuses to make itself - off to my new Housewifely Grind!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #24  
aud
lc lifestyle

Quick Hi & WELCOME rubyjan! Think we Posted at the same time . . . I've had similar experiences with Atkins - finding my way back to strict Induction at the moment . . . there is a Menu Thread here in the Forum - its been a real help for me at this point in my journey. Check it out if you find the time.

PS: Can't wait to dee Docu-Stones! Lovemesome Mick!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:23 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

oh, thanks for welcoming me, Aud -- and yes, I think going to see the Stones film will remind me how much better life is when you are fit enough and thin enough to jump around the stage for hours at a time, wrinkles and all. I am cleaning out all the sugar in my house right now, and while I feel scared about doing induction, I also know its the only answer for me now....

Jersey Girl: YOu are such a success -- happy anniversary! Can you tell me how long you have been maintaining, and what your secret of success is?
RubyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #26  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

RubyJan!!

This Atkins section of 3FC is brand new (as of 3/28)...hopefully, you'll find it helpful if you're doing Atkins

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:36 PM   #27  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyJan View Post
Jersey Girl: YOu are such a success -- happy anniversary! Can you tell me how long you have been maintaining, and what your secret of success is?
Thank you for your kind words RubyJan!

I've been maintaining for almost 3 years now. The "secret of my success" has been staying away from all the low carb junk out there. I stick pretty much with the basics....chicken, fish, pork, occasional beef, lots of veggies & salad, eggs, yogurt, occasional nuts, lots of water. I enjoy walking and do a walk aerobics program that incorporates resistance and light hand weights.

This has been a total lifestyle change for me and I believe that is the true secret to success

Thanks again for your kindness. You CAN do this too!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:40 PM   #28  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

RubyJan, KrisR, Onelife2live and Slvrlining8

Girlies.... I actually have a few seconds to stop and wave.

Hope you all have a VERY successful week.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #29  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Auddie, I used to get lower back pain, too--but it usually coincided with a flare up of Ulcerative Colitis (I have UC). The pain I have is most definitely in the hips, but it's not a consistent hip and it's usually only one hip at a time. Right now, my right hip is the one hurting. The last time it happened, it was my left. I've suspected for awhile I might have one leg longer than the other...and I really should go see a chiropractor to see if there's anything up with my spine... I've just been putting it off.

Hehe--by "sleeping too late", I meant I got out of bed about 45 minutes before I had to be in class (I got up at 8:15)--so I took a VERY fast shower, got dressed and went to class--no time for food! The negative part was the whole not eating for 3 hours after I woke up! My boyfriend used to work the late night shift (he's since been moved to "days"--an 11AM-Midnight shift), and he got that whole "dinner at breakfast time" thing. He told me once about he and his work buddies going out for a couple drinks at 7 in the morning!

I'm glad you're getting back on track, Auddie. I've been putting my meals up here for some accountability--and I was beginning to wonder if I should bother, since I track it in FitDay PC anyway...but since you're getting something out of it and it's keeping me honest, I'm going to keep doing it

And a BIG welcome to you, Ruby Jan! Other Atkineers are more than welcome, and I'm glad you found us It sounds like you have emotional eating issues (I have in the past, too!) and that's definitely something that's a struggle. You know what way of eating is best for you and your body, and I'm glad you've found your way back to Atkins.

EDIT: And hello to Leenie!

Last edited by Azure; 04-02-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey there, RubyJan. Welcome aboard. I am really glad you found us and glad that you have made a decision to make a change in your life. Like everyone else said, you can do this.

and congratulations on your Atkinversary. That is such a major accomplishment to lose and then maintain for that length of time. You are my hero!

Azure, do you think it could be sciatic nerve causing the problem? I had that problem during the last months of my second pregnancy and ocassionally it happens now. And it would go from one leg to another. If you're going to the doctor, maybe ask to have that checked also.

Aud, I know what you mean about a scale you can trust. I am sure my cheapo Ikea spring scale is off, but I still weigh everyday. It keeps me honest about what I am doing. If you consistently weigh yourself, even with the untrustworthly scale, you have a reference for how much you are losing. So, no matter where you start, losing 2 pounds is losing 2 pounds.

So, this morning I decided that I would do 20 minutes on the treadmill so that I could do the Boot Camp [weight] class this afternoon. I don't feel tired so far. We'll see what happens. And I went over to Costco to get more broccoli and walked by the meats. The beef was looking just so delish, I almost couldn't decide what to get. I am really craving beef right now.

Okay, everyone have a great day.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote