Old 12-08-2006, 06:49 AM   #1  
shrinkinggirl

S/C/G: 250/241/140

Height: 5'2"

Question Bars a Requirement?

Hi- Has anyone else heard that LAWL is now requiring that when you join YOU MUST PURCHASE THE BARS? That is what they told me @ the COD when I told them that I can't afford the bars. Fortuneately I was "grandfathered" in before this went into effect. I was just wondering if anyone else heard this or if it was just my COD? I'm thinking that they are going to lose a lot of customers with this plan.
Anyway I look forward to what you all have heard or been told.
Have a great day and let's all keep OP
shrinkinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I think the counselor who told you this may not have gotten it right. A lot of people can't do the bars for medical reasons. That would keep a lot of people out of the program. However, if they are requiring those with no medical issues to use the bars, that would just be a bad business decision.

I haven't heard anything like that from my COD, but since I WI today, I think I'll ask.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:04 AM   #3  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

I did notice that the commercials that run here have started saying ...."now $3/eek plus the purchase of bars for a limited time" Instead of just the cost of the program....I wonder....
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:17 AM   #4  

Maybe the bars are a requirement for the special price? $3/week obviously costs them money as that won't even pay for the staff to weigh you, let alone counsel you.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:31 AM   #5  
LAWL Member

Possibly, I just had two refferals sign up, maybe I'll get ahold of them and see what they were told....
Old 12-08-2006, 12:32 PM   #6  
MONIQUE

I just joined tuesday again for 3 dollars a week.(Which I thought was a steel) .. I didn't buy anybars. I have bars from my mom's account because she had weightloss surgery two years ago.
discobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #7  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

If they made them a requirement then I think that is not a good move on their part. They would not get alot of people to join.............
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/142/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
I think the counselor who told you this may not have gotten it right. A lot of people can't do the bars for medical reasons. That would keep a lot of people out of the program. However, if they are requiring those with no medical issues to use the bars, that would just be a bad business decision.

I haven't heard anything like that from my COD, but since I WI today, I think I'll ask.

I am breastfeeding, and am consuming 2 la bars....is there a risk to my baby? The counselor said that the bars would actually benefit me and the baby? Please let me know?

Thanks.
Julia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #9  

It's true. I was told that if I did not buy two boxes of LA lites that they would NOT gaurentee my weight loss. So then what exactly do I get for $500, not including the $32 a week? I have three little one's and I can not do that. It's not just that. I have to go three times a week. There is one office and I have to drive back and forth over a toll bridge which costs even more money. I am going broke doing this. I personally do not see where soy bars can help my wieght loss. I am going to question it more on Monday. I just can not afford those bars. Plus....I et bored with them and I don't like chocolate and the shakes are VERY thick. Why put more vitamins into your body when your body is rejecting them anyway?
Journey4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #10  
LAWL Member

so don't be gaurenteed...there are amazing weightloss stories for LAWL w/out the bars! Evette is one of them....maybe PM her and see what pointers she can give you. Also, if you start having a reaction to the soy products then get the dr. to sign a slip saying you can not do soy products....
Old 12-09-2006, 11:55 PM   #11  
LAWL Member

I'm sorry Journey, I just read my post and it sounds not friendly.....I am normally not so uuugh. I am very tired right now and just wanted to check in before I slide myself into bed....that being said with everyone going for the all food plans recently and having awesome losses I am considering it for myself. I love the bars though, and feel as if they keep me from snatching the cookie from the cookie jar....or rather holding the cookie jar hostage! Good luck....and forgive my rudeness please.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #12  

MickeySue, you were not rude at all. I belong to a debate board....trust me, you are NOT rude. hahaha I agree the LA lites are something good to reach for instead of something else so I may stay on them for a bit longer. I am going to incorporate the gym for a month and see how that goes. I think only lipo will get rid of the mommy belly. I had three babies in two years and I have this flappity flip I hate! I'm still going. I had no veggies today, I hate them blahhhhhh I need to make a veggie soup and blend them and just suck them all down...hmmmmm idea!!!
Journey4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:13 PM   #13  
LAWL Member

Journey - Try some low sodium V-8 , hot or cold .....also it makes a great substitute for tomato soup or can be used as your soup base with other veggies....add some ground veggie burger and low sodium taco seasonings with ff sour creme and ff cheese on top for a yummy lunch. (Kinda' taco soup thing)

Thank you for assuring me that you were not offended by my original post.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #14  

Julia - There's nothing in the bars to harm your baby - you can read the ingredients just to give you peace of mind. Some people are allergic to soy and can't do the bars, and I'm not sure what other reasons there are, but some people just can't do them. It's not because of any harmful chemical or anything.

Journey - The guarantee is no big deal. If you don't lose the weight in the number of weeks purchased, purchase more (and maybe do it now while they're on sale). The amount you spend per week ($9?) is still less than buying the lites every week. Don't let that discourage you. You can still do the program.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:11 PM   #15  

I was told the same about the bars...that if I do not take them the weight loss is not guaranteed. But the worst part is that I was told that I had to buy the supplements....so now I am stuck with 3 months supply of these big supplements that I cannot even swallow!
new mommy is offline   Reply With Quote