PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:19 AM   #1  

Question Help!!!

I need to lose about 40-50 pounds....

I was wondering what you girls think is better...I am in it for the long haul either way.

I am not currently on any medication, but I am seeing a doctor. My husband and I are going to try to get prego. soon. I have been diagnosed with PCOS for the last three years and it has recently gotten worse. I have gained about 15 pounds in the last two months, have some scarring acne...etc.

so...

Weight Watchers or Low Carb? What do you think works better?

Thanks!!
JustTrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I don't subscribe to any set plan but I'd say to try either one. As long as your doctor is in the loop, do what works for you! Just give it a shot, you can do it!
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. It's just going to be works best for you.

Good Luck!
cldavis04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #4  

I was diagnosed with PCOS last March and tried Weight Watchers. I followed the plan exactly for 8 weeks and exercised for 30 min 4x a week. I gained weight on the plan. I gained at the same rate I gain with exercise alone. I am currently exercising for 45 min 4x weekly and still gaining. I started Metfomin and low carb last night and hope that is the trick. Eating low carb has been the only way for me to eat to lose previously. I hope it works again.
kuxiam is offline   Reply With Quote