Old 11-21-2006, 04:51 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30-Somethings Tuesday Chat 11/21

Good Morning!!!! Have to be at work really early because today is one of the busiest for kids surgeries since school is out~~ How cruel--tonsils removed before Thanksgiving or Christmas???? Have a wonderful day!!

RX--thanks for the advice but #2 is a little more complicated--Long story--She has Down Syndrome, Obcessive Compulsive Disorder and biologically not my child..Technically, she is not kin to me but kin to DH and MIL--I am the Stepmother only..(mom died of cancer when she was 2)I honestly dont think she even realizes she wants to eat so much..Day 2 on the med, she ate 3 bites of supper and went to sleep for 7pm..I did find her in the kitchen this am at 3 but she had eaten 2 popsycles and I could redirect her to bed where yesterday I couldnt... Hopefully the drug level will increase and things will get better..The hardest part--I could walk out at any time and not deal with any of this but...I love the ole DH!!!!

Lauren--Get frustrated and take it out at the gym!!!!!

Holy-- U have talent!!! Good luck on the dresses!!!

Jenny--The finger sounds like another story????Hope it is better!

Fit--Kudos to U and DH!!! SOunds great!! Keep up the work!! I am blessed(UGGGGHHHH) with a skinny DH that eats anything..He watches every little thing and except for the chocolate, eats healthy...

Molly- yeah for being on track!!!Keep it up esp for Thursday!!

Heloo Karen and all!!! Off to work!!! Take it easy!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 11-21-2006 at 05:03 AM. Reason: entered too quickly
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:09 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default Weekday #Tue

Morning everyone. I hate to be a downer, but this is a place I feel like I can release. I'm not having a great couple of days. My mood is sitting in the trash can right now - no idea why. Last night, I was sitting here in front of Idiot Box #2, wasting the night away again and *whoomp* it hit me like a ton of bricks. I went from being in kinda a good mood to being an absolute wreak. And when I'm in that kind of mood, I eat. Comfort food for short term happiness - but then it just turns into guilt and more unhappiness when I think about what I did. (I probably doubled my target calorie intake yesterday. ) I keep telling myself "it'll be better tomorrow" but having something like that - where you think you're doing okay to find yourself crumbling into a useless state in seconds - it just shatters your confidence. Alright...enough of that. I don't know if I'll be better tomorrow, but I know I'll be better someday. Baby steps are okay.

Work is okay this week, though I'm convinced that the increased amount of stress contributed to last night's snap. No sign of the rest of my team; still no idea when the guy on vacation will be back. (I'm guessing next week, but who knows. He just bought a house so he's up to his eyeballs getting things ready to move in.) I'm still trying to do enough to keep this one project rolling by doing both my part AND my vacationing co-worker's part, but I have to try and keep the "normal" job going AND not lose my mind as well. I can feel the anxiety build whenever I think about it. I know that there's only so much I can do but I hate to let everyone down. Stress. Stress. Stress.

Ah well - emotions and feelings, both good and bad, remind us that we're alive, right?

Lauren - I know this might be hard, especially right now, but have you considered making an appointment to talk with your supervisor to discuss your strengths and weaknesses and to make them acutely aware that you would welcome the chance to come back and join their team on a more permanent basis? At very least, you'll get some feedback on the areas that you can improve. *shrugs* Just a suggestion.

Holy - I swear that if I didn't have these two crazy cats that I would have lost my mind months ago. When they do the stupidest/cutest things, then it just lifts the weight right off your shoulders. And the just KNOW when you're not well or have had a bad day and are always there to love you without question. Glad you made a little progress with your dress and good luck with the Thanksgiving shopping. I'm sure that the stores will be zoo's all this week.

JennyMarie - Congrats on the loss and take care of that pinky! We'll be here when it's better. Until then, enjoy the banter.

Fit - Have I ever thought about writing? Thought about it, yes. Actually do anything about it, no. There's my biggest problem - getting things from inside my head and into the physical world. I have images, songs, stories all in my head but there's something blocking - either time, talent or a combination - that keeps me from doing it. Besides, I don't think what I write is anything special - I just write from the heart and type what I really think. I've been told I should blog, but I don't know if I have the time or dedication to actually write something there. I mean, what do you say when you're talking to the world? Boggles my mind, especially given that I don't think I really have anything that the world would want to hear....

Pass along my congrats to your DH. Anyone who makes a choice for a healthier lifestyle is on the right path. Maybe even convince him he needs to post on here once and a while.

Molly - That's one of the things that they talked about during the orientation. Apparently it's very natural for your mind to wander, so not to fight that. All you do is, when you realize your mind has wandered is to label that as "thinking" and then concentrate back on your breathing. Apparently people learning to discipline themselves will start out doing this almost constantly because as soon as you've gone back to your breathing, you'll start to wander again. We'll see how well I make out with this - especially given that I'll only be going every second weekend or something.

KarenK - Cool! I'd love to do something with our attic. However, given that it's only half height, I don't think that an office would work out all that well.

Michelle - I hear ya about the stress. I guess all you can do is buck up and convince yourself that it will get better someday. And treating yourself good - by eating and exercising properly - is one way to make sure it happens. *sighs* I really need to learn to take my own advice.

Christina - Focus. Yeah, it's really easy to loose that when "life happens", isn't it? As I read through everyone's posts, every day, I realize that hey - my life is just as messed up and just as stressed as most of the ladies in this group. And in a sick and twisted way, that brings me comfort - I guess in that "misery loves company" kind of way. So, get all your work done. Get all those people dealt with. But always leave some time for yourself. Even if it's just 5 minutes at the end of the day. And that can be the time you can use to focus.

Darcy - I don't know if there's the business for this or you have the interest, but have you considered hiring another (Part-time if necessary) beautician to handle a larger volume of parties? I don't know where you want to go with this. Just throwing out ideas... Best to ponder them through the Christmas season and plan for the new year. I don't know if this would be a seasonal thing, but I would expect not. I'm thinking of birthday parties and prom parties and bridal showers and etc etc etc that could be potential markets. Really, the possibilities are endless.

RR - Okay, it's definitely much more complex than I had originally thought and I'm with you all the way with most of your points. Except for one - the fact that you seem to feel that you take "second chair" behind MIL and DH because you're the stepmom. Now, maybe I'm just not getting the whole picture, but I didn't hear you say anything about MIL or DH being in the kitchen dealing with DD#2 in the wee hours of the morning. Biological or not, you're playing the mom role in the family and (it sounds to me) like you're taking on (at least some of) the responsibilities of these kids. Just don't sell yourself short just because you're not the biological mum. I'll shut up about this now.

And now, the weigh in..... Yes, my awful day was appropriately rewarded with a weight gain of a full pound over my trend weight which actually had my trend increase. That's bad. Really, really bad....and very very depressing and demotivating for me. I know I need to just smile through it and promise I'll do better today....but that's hard in the mood I'm in.

Chat tomorrow.
:Lawrence

--
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:31 AM   #3  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

fortunately I got all my shopping done, what a train wreck that was....tonight I will sew and sew and sew. I also got another order of baby shower candles. but she needs them by the 8th as well. so i'm gonna work all I can.

I've been bummed but it's just holiday crud for me. It's been lingering...and it sorta hit home yesterday when I was at the base commissary. Tons of people with their spouses and their kids holiday grocery shopping.....Can't go be with family b/c I have to work and the time off has all been scheduled a good year in advance. very very frustrating and my family won't come out here. Mainly b/c mom and my brother can't afford to. My dad won't get on a plane. He'd rather go see my sister again I guess. I've offered to pay plane tickets, train tickets (amtrack runs thru here) but to no avail. Plus my dad's such a holiday pooper every year. Ever since I was a kid he finds a way to pick a fight with Mom so he won't feel guilty about not being there with us (or them I should say).....and while it is 3 states away, he's already started.

Then again, he seems to believe that he can still tell me what to do over the phone....at my age of 31.

And of course, hubby is not home.

But at least it's day 2 of 3 for work today, i can live with that. I don't feel like working my abs this morning but i'm sure I probably will anyway.

I hope you guys have a great holiday and don't go thru the holiday blues like I am right now. This is getting silly.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:49 AM   #4  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello all...

I haven't posted in a while. I was up 5 lbs, but it was apparently just TOM. my weight dropped back down to the ticker weight yesterday morning. I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm still not doing great though.Its hard to diet when people tell you that you look fine...especially when that s what you want to believe, and don't want to diet anymore.... I really haven't much hope of reaching goal at this time. On one hand, I'll just be happy if I don't gain anything by the new year. On the other hand, I'd kinda like to hit 145, as an new reasonable goal... we'll see. I'll have to chew on it for a while... I'm good at chewing apparently.

RX: (from a few days ago)You keep your eye out It will be fun... A wet rag?? Hmmmm
(today) Cheer up, easier said then done right? Well, hang in there anyway....

RR: Yikes, that is terrible, poor K. My husband had a cousin who had down syndrome. She would eat and eat. She was obese and very spoiled. She would do her sisters the same way... Sit on them to get her way. She didn't like me, because she had a crush on DH because he was always extra nice to her. I remember one time. DH and I were in a huge hurry to get somewhere. He couldn't find his wallet. Well, she had it, sitting on the couch, giggling. I remember feeling so annoyed but guilty when she was around kwim. I remember she stole a pair of earrings that I was saving. They were really my MIL's but I wore them to a special party with DH when we were dating. Well, MIL just thought it was cute because she wanted them, and didn't make her give them back. It was just things like that all the time. She was out of control, and the poor thing, she passed away at 23yrs old. Some feel that it is cruel do discipline someone with such a disability, but I think a little (or a lot) of discipline would have saved her life.

Go Fit's DH, Go Fit's DH... Happy dance

Holy: Big It will all be over soon, and just a distant memory. It will all be worth it when he gets back...
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:38 PM   #5  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning all

RX~~ thank you for your kind words i do hope we can kick each other in the arse to get going again

RR~~I cant even imagine how you do it I mean my problems seem so small when i have to read about what you do outta love you must be one **** of a strong woman i hope the meds work for your sake,

HOLY~~ i hate the holidays for that reason if you dont or cant have your family around it really bum's ya out
I know cause this is the first year all my kids are not with me

WANNA~~ darn i gained 3 lbs from TOM and it's still here LOL well i do think you look great so whichever you decide good luck

Hello to everyone else ~Fit~ Lbh~stevi (where are you?)
I'll talk to you later
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/169/150

Height: 5'7

Hey all!!! Thank you for all the sympathy about my poor broke pinky!!! ok, some have asked so here's my sad story......I bought my two red bones a toy a piece, gave my boy dog(Duke) nhis and he went off with it. Gave my girl dog(Ruby) hers and she just stood by the fence with it and keep it in her mouth. I went to unload the groceries out of my car and Duke ran over and got her toy and his. Well she was one upset puppy! I got all the groceries in and put up and got her a treat...I went out to the front deck and gave it to her and keep him off the porch so he wouldn't take it away from her, when she was done I let him on the porch, well he was mad and they started fighting and Ruby was hiding behind my legs and was trying to go back into the house when she tripped me, I was falling back and tried to grab on to the ledge of the deck, but I was grabbing up and when I did I caught my pinky only and it pulled my acylic nail and my real nail off the nailbed and broke my pinky. Ok there's the long story....it was dumb on my part! I'm paying for it too!

Fit- whohoo on you and your DH weightloss!!! We weigh the same!!!! Feels good doesn't it?! How's the biggest loser going at work? Are you following that diet? I am....seems to be working.

Zephyr- Best thing about overeating some days is there is always a new day hours away!

Wanna- Don't give up...you'll get to your goal!!!!

Everyone- Drink your water!!! I went up in my intake to 140oz and now the weight seems to be melting off! I promise ya'll it really is the key!!!!!

So drink up gals and guys and be prepared to see all the weight drop off!

Have a good evening!
JennyMarie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Afternoon all!

JennieMarie~That sounds unbelievably painful!! Hope that the throbbing has gone away!

Lawrence~Sorry your going through a stressful time! I do the same thing when I get stressed, eat and eat then guilt and more guilt and it Always seems to hit me right after I notice that I am doing better with eating or weightloss. It is almost like I am sabotaging myself on a subconscious level, but I don't want to go through years of therapy to deal with that, I just want to stop doing it! On the business front, the thought of having someone else doing this with me has entered my mind, I figure that I will see how it goes and take it from there. If I were going to do a big party, I have a friend that is licensed as well and could contact her to see if she is interested, so that is a possibility.

RR~You're right, it does seem cruel to do that to kids right before the holidays, but as you already know, they probably do not want them to miss school and have to miss alot of work to care for them afterwards.

Holy~ So sorry you are feeling down, here's a little something for ya:

Hello Christie, Michelle, Molly, Lauren, Stevi and everyone else!

Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Default Another day closer to a long weekend...

Hey friends - Had an ok evening last night. Dinner was pretty healthy, the kids weren't too awful, enjoyed my visit with my parent educator through the Parents As Teachers program. She was very impressed with dd's verbal skills. Dd is also showing signs of emerging fine motor skills in her drawing. Still a lot of scribbles. Found out that it is better to giver her pencils and crayons as opposed to markers (where you don't really have to apply pressure). Didn't know that. Maybe I'll fish all the markers out of the art supply box and stash them for a bit. She always coats herself in ink anyway.

Was upset to find out that ds had a bad day at school. He got in trouble multiple times with multiple authority figures and I got a note of concern home from the teacher. I suspect it was partially due to the fact he didn't get to bed on time. I was irritated with dh for this as I was trying to put him to bed and he sabotaged it with some special time cleaning his gun and talking to him. Grr...And some of the past month or two going downhill at school is likely due to the insane hours dh has been working. But I can't explain away all of it. Ds is a good boy and even the teacher thinks he is just "off" the last month or so. Praying for guidance on how to help him cope with the chaos in his (and our) life so that he can be the good boy that he is.

Work went better today. I've gotten a fair bit done on something that has a deadline coming up (nothing like a deadline to provide focus, eh?). Found out my grant that I submitted in Sept was funded so I am kind of stoked about that. Nothing too much planned for tonight. Probably just hanging with the kids. They are both at their respective daycares tomorrow. Might try to sneak out of here early if I get everything done that has to be ready for Monday. We'll see.

This morning was a bit better on the scale - 0.8 down. Two pounds to go to the ticker weight. ugh! Will really try to focus over this holiday weekend, but it will be hard with also having dh's bday. Such is life.

jenny - OMG about your poor pinky! The nail part sounded worse than the break though. Sent chills down my spine. ICK! Hope you heal soon! Good going on the water. I did ok on it today except for a small soda at lunch.

Wannabe - You do look great, but you know you could be FABULOUS if you would climb back on the wagon. And definitely don't let all your hard work go to pot b/c you get lazy. Hang in there with us! It isn't too late. You can still lose some more by the end of the year!! Maybe you could add a new baby step habit - more water? more steps? a food log? meal plan? Come on!

Holy - Sounds like you could use a big holiday Hang in there and know that we'll try to be here for you as we can. God bless.

Lawrence - thanks for your kind words. I've been doing a little better at getting a little "me" time in, but it IS usually at the end of the day and I am so wiped out that it tends to be more about vegging and less about "focus". Oh well - this too shall pass. You hang in there too! See my note above to wannabe about maybe this is the time to try to institute a new baby step. You too, k?

Roadrunner - OMG about SD. Hope the meds helps soon. You are a saint to deal with all of that as "only the smom". God bless. Hang in there.

OK - closing in on 5:00. Have two meetings in the morning and a ton of things to work on before the holiday weekend. Hope to make it on tomorrow as I am not likely to be on much over the holiday. Take care all!

Christina
missouripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #9  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

gonna lose my mind up in here guys. i just gotta make it thru tomorrow.....
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote