Old 11-15-2006, 05:24 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Somethings Wednesday 11/15

Ok you Eastern Coasters!! I may be on the Southern side but I am the only idiot up at 3am getting ready for work!!! This shift is great to be done at 1pm but heck getting there at 4:30am!!! Rx--I will share the thread opening with you!!

RX--Do You weigh daily???Maybe hanging with all us women is giving you a little water weight sympathy gain???? My DH would say it is possible!!!
Thanks for the DD compliment..She is the love of my life--DH fussed last night because I foget about him...

Lauren--Hope the ears are better...K is finishing her antibiotic but was running fever last night...She is soo snotty...

Christina--Hope U are feeling better...That is the number one reason for surgery where I work..I think everyone in La should have no gallbladder as many as we do a day....

Stevi--Glad the saga is over..except for the bills..What a rip!!!!

Great pic WannaB!!!
Hello Karen, Christie, Darcy, Molly and anyone else I missed!! Out of time!!!

PS--I will race U tomorrow to the start Rx!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:53 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Talking Oh look....competition from the West Coast!

Well now.....here I decided to have a nice lazy start to the day and *poof* the thread is already started. We'll see about tomorrow, RR! I'll have to start posting early - though I'll never be able to beat someone who hasn't gone to bed yet! :P Oh well...it's all in fun anyway.

Christina - HOLIDAY SHOPPING? Oh please. You don't start that until the week before, right? Seriously, I hate shopping at this time of the year that I always tell myself I'll never wait until the last minute.....and always do. Last year, I bought all my gifts online and that worked out perfectly. Might try to do the same again this year.... Ugh. Christmas.

Stevi - Very cool! I'll have to check out that website sometime. Glad you got your car back. Must be nice to have the wheels & freedom back!

JennieMarie - Organized religion has never been a big thrill for me. I tend to find it a little to (as funny as this might sound) preachy -- I don't want someone telling me what to do. As such, I've always shunned away from "church". Now, I've found myself in a small congregation of Unitarian Universalists and I feel very much at home there. Taking baby steps - don't want to rush it - to make sure what I'm doing is right for me. But, yes, it does feel good to be part of a bigger community again.

Christi - Rootbeer and popcorn?!? Tisk Tisk.

RoadRunner - Yep, I weigh daily because I have a spreadsheet that takes my weight and trends it. So, it smooths out the ups and downs so that you get an idea of which way your weight is headed -- much the same way that they "trend" the stock market. It's not too bad. As for water-weight gain, it's probably possible. I know that I did eat some severely salty food on Sunday, which would have me retain water. I hope to see the weight level out over the next couple days, but I'll watch it to see what happens....

Anyhoo, just checked in with Mr. Scale and he's telling me that my weight is indeed coming (rapidly) down from where it was said to be - kinda confirming the water-weight theory that RR had. I'm back at my tracker weight +/- a bit, so I'm pleased. Weather is supposed to actually be not-raining today, so that means I might even get out for a stroll at lunchtime.

Time to get going. Stay strong & stay on program!

:Lawrence

--
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:55 AM   #3  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi all! I'm back. I was so out of it yesterday. It did turn out to be what everyone else had. DH stayed home from owrk yesterday to help with the man. Thank God for that!! He's good like that. I got to sleep all day which I needed. I tried to go to euchre. It was supposed to be at my house but we moved it to another girl's since my house was "infected" lol. I got about half way through the night and had to come home. Got here just in time to Doing better today but still not 100%.

Stevi, Christie did Lightning McQueen for the man. It's going to be a Christmas present for him. It will have his name on it (Christie you should post the new finished version. It's sooo cute!). I am getting plaques for all the kids with their favorite things! So excited!!

RR, 4:30?? No thanks!! Better you than me. I agree that being home at 1 would be great but getting there at 4:30 may not be worth it. lol Glad K is feeling better.

Lawrence, wow farther east than eastern time zone! I just can't wrap my head around it. lol I'm such a simp. lol

OK gonna lay the man down and get in the shower. Haven't showered in 2 days. PU!! lol Talk to you later!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:58 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

You know, I don't think I'm going to sticky this everyday, because it changes everyday! Make sense? It's not going to get "lost", because we post often enough, and it's gonna change tomorrow anyway....what'cha think?

RX, Glad the scale is moving. Mine is buried under a couple blankets in the linen closet. I don't have time to move them in the AM to get the scale out. And I don't have enough floor space in the bathroom to leave it out...not to mention my boys would have a ball messing with it!

RR, God bless you for getting up that early! I couldn't do it!

Hey, anyone know stuff about circuit boxes? DH bought a new little space heater for the bathroom and he blew a circuit this AM. He flipped all the switches off and on again and nothing fixed it! So now my fridge/freezer is not working (but the rest of the kitchen is), and 1/2 the bedroom is out (overhead lights work, but no clocks/TV). At least the separate freezer is working. We put what we could in there, and the other essentials in the fridge outside. Hopefully what's left will stay OK all day with the door shut...it's mostly condiments/bread. ARGH...what a PITA.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/169/150

Height: 5'7

Hey gals and Zephyr
Its raining here in Tn. and suppose to rain alllllll day! Ugh. And maybe even tomorrow! That just makes for a very boring day! I guess I could go to the gym everyday! My weight is staying the same, I feel like I'm doing everything right, I dunno? Any suggestions?
I made homemade veg beef soup the other day, it was so good! I found if I eat soup I'm less likely to feel up on stuff I don't need! Speaking of stuff I don't need....I found these lite choc cupcakes...they have 130cal and I freeze them, they don't freeze all the way thru for some reason but it's made a wonderful treat! Well thats my two cents for today!
Make sure to drink your water!!!!!!
JennyMarie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:01 AM   #6  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

OK Stevi, I just listened to you do All Fired Up from your site. Have you ever heard of Concrete Blonde? You have a very similar voice to their lead singer. Ever considered doing them? You'd do great with that. You have an awesome voice!!

Last edited by mamabear272; 11-15-2006 at 11:24 AM.
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Default Quick note to Lauren

I had something similar happen one time - thought I'd tripped a breaker, but resetting all of them didn't work. Check to see if it tripped any of your GFI circuits. These are typically in bathrooms and kitchens and sometimes garages. They are outlets with a "reset" button on them. We had two GFI circuits in our old house - one for the kitchen and one that ran both the bathrooms and the garage. OMG - took me forever to figure out that I needed to hit the reset in the GARAGE to make my hair dryer work in the master bathroom!! And dh wasn't even an electrician then, but luckily figured it out.

Worth a shot before you spend the coin on having an electrician come.

Off to a meeting this morning. Feeling like crap - about to lose my voice, chesty cough and sinus drainage. Pretty much the way I get sick once or twice a year. Not sick enough to really justify not being at work, but sick enough that I wish I was home. Might get out of here early and go home and sleep. I didn't go to bed until 11 something because I was trying to knock out these photo books before the sale on them ended on Shutterfly (LOVE those books). Then read an email from my smom and dad that totally pissed me off (they are bailing on my Thanksgiving that I already bought the ham for with a week's notice!). So I laid and obsessed about that for a while. Then ds was up with night terrors (not fun!) - he doesn't actually "wake" so it is really hard to deal with. Then dh was up at 4 something for work. I finally woke up just minutes before my alarm went off, but I am SUPER dragging. Leaving three tracks in the soon to come snow (what is up with snow this early?).

Ate leftovers last night - a piece of quiche and a biscuit with gravy. I'm hungry this morning. Going to chow on a granola bar before my meeting. Take care all and I'll be back later.

Christina
missouripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

Helloooo! How are ou all! Looks like lotsa sicky-germs going on. I will wash my hands after touching my keyboard incase its catching! lol

I am glad to hear someone else hates shopping. Online is the way to go!

I'm with you, Zeph, on organized religion. I like UU too but there isnt one around here. I do go to drum-circle once a month at a UU church but it is just the meeting spot. I belong to a community group recently organized on promoting sustainability in our community. It gives me my community fix and has great activities too like monthly movies with popcorn! lol

I've been seriously busy with the barn job-thing. I have 3 clients now and the 2 biggest ones overlap from Sat thru Tues this coming week! One is two stops a day, one hr each time, the other is 3 stops a day with a 15 min drive each way and 10-30 min each time once I'm there! But the ole bottom line will look great this month! For the 3-stop job I'm charging $20 a visit =$60 per day times 8 days! Yippee!

Weightloss is the same=gain but I am not giving up. I am also making soup today, JennyMarie! I find it helpful too. Having something besides junk to fill my face with when I wander into the kitchen!

Later!

Jess
squishy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:43 AM   #9  
LBH

Jess, I was wondering where you've been!

Miss, There's only one GFS, in the bathroom, that was affected and it won't reset either! Thanks for the suggestion though!
Old 11-15-2006, 11:56 AM   #10  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Thumbs up I'm really impressed....

....I just took a listen to the tunes on the Covertones website and I'm really impressed. I can only wish that I had part of the talent that you guys have -- my hats off to the entire band. You guys rock.

And if I'm ever on the South West Coast (of North America ), I'll have to see if you guys are playing and check things out. However, I've only been to Cali (San Diego) once in my entire life....

Oh yeah, Stevi - nice "equipment list". I think I nearly choked while stifling the giggle.

I'm not forgetting about everyone else, but I gotta get back to work. More tomorrow!

:Lawrence

--
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:36 PM   #11  
LBH

Oh yeah, I meant to mention that Stevi! I also listened to All Fired Up...one of my fav Pat B. songs! You're awesome girl!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:36 PM   #12  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Default I'm back after a brief hiatus...

Howdy, folks. Been busy, sick, etc....My family has been passing around the stomach flu. Yes, ALL of us. Ugh. I've been dealing with throwing up children (TMI) since Friday about 3:00AM. Thankfully, though, I think we're done.

Haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts. Sorry! We are quite the busy little group, huh? Hugs to all

Weighed in for our Biggest Loser's contest at work after having a HUGE lunch (intentionally ). I had a BIG cheeseburger and LOTS of water and when I stepped on the scale, I had gained SIX POUNDS since that morning! HAHA Either way, I plan on losing! I also joined T.E.A.M. Weightloss at my gym and now have a personal nutritionist and trainer. Yay! It also helps that I have a team to be accountable to.

Today was our big Thanksgiving spread here at work and I did very well! I had mostly salad and turkey and a little dressing and NO DESSERT!! Let me tell you---that's REALLY good for me. I'm a sugar addict if I let myself. I've done well "taming the beast" before, so I know I can do it again.

I miss interacting with you guys...I'll try to be better!
Fondly,
Fit
fitafter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #13  
LBH

Fit, good for you on the Tday feast! I cannot pass up dessert....I can take a sliver, or small bite, but I can't pass it up! Hopefully everyone's feeling better at home now.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:13 PM   #14  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hello all i have soooooooo been off diet it sucks DH graduates 12/09/2006 and i soo wanted to be under 170 at least 169 but it seems im just letting myself go again i need help
anyways I havent seen Holy~~ Are you ok ??

I have been lurking just not writing cause the big boss man likes to creep around and watch my every move

good luck to the race to who can wake up earlier just too start the thread I know i could never get up that early
take care i'll check in later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:26 PM   #15  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Molly your wish is my command

lawrence: yes, I know i know, and I haven't done a whole lot better today
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote