Old 11-03-2006, 02:12 AM   #1  
uli

S/C/G: 85kg/68kg/65kg

Height: 170cm

Default Forget the diet change the lifestyle!

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I must tell you I tried many diets but until I change things in my head and start eating superfoods which detoxed my body and give it the right nutrients those back were all jo-jo diets. Last summer I hit the max. weight in my life. It was so difficult to bent over (you know what I think) and I said that's it. I felt awfull, depressed, helpless.
But then my partner stop eating white sugar, white flour, salt, margarine... and change it with agave nectar, himalayan salt, wholecorn flour. And changes start to come along. I felt more energy and start running and workout. I didn't have the cravings over junk food no more, cause my body was getting the good stuff. I also drink round 2,5 l of pure water per day. In 7 months I lost 17 kg and I feel great. I don't miss my old food beacuse I link pain to those days. Nowdays chlorella,spirulina,fresh raw vegetables, quinoa,etc are my major foods. I also make my own superfood mix. which I blend with rice milk and friut add some wholegrain cereal and flax seed meal and there is no better way to start a day
Most old foods I ate had MSG's (flavour inrichment) which makes you addict to the taste of the food and cause obisity.

Take care all,
with love Uli

Few days ago I started my blog
https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/*************************************

Last edited by uli; 11-07-2006 at 02:15 AM.
uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 05:58 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Welcome to 3FC! You are right, lifestyles need to be changed for most overweight people. I'm not going to get to goal weight in restaurants and foods sweetened with high fructose corn syrup. I'm trying to make all of my foods whole, little by little.

I haven't tried Himalyan salt, but I did just buy Celtic Sea Salt and it is wonderful! It adds a great taste to food that one could never get from regular salt.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

Celtic sea salt - gotta try that one .

Uli, I couldn't agree with you more. I've been doing the diet/binge cycle most of my life and recently had a recurring episode for a few months (due to stress and my unhappy situation) where I would be "good" and diet, eating around 1100-1200 calories a day during the week and then when Thursday night hit (my Friday night since I don't work or study on Fridays) the tension from the week would all melt and I'd go on a binge, eating myself sick. I've been readiing up on how diets don't work and I just decided I was going to quit dieting BUT eat whole healthy food. I've been doing that for a few weeks now and it's been working wonders. I also feel much more energy and the cravings to binge have gone away. I'm not weighing myself, since I know that's counterproductive for me, but I know ii've lost a bit of weight. And the ironic thing is that I'm eating about 300 calories more than I was before during the week but just that amount combined with whole good foods (veggies, fruit, good moderate fats like nuts and olive oil, some lowfat dairy, whole grains, legume, tofu) is making all the difference.

I'm determined not to go on another diet and not to slip up too much and if I do, in moderation and not eat myself sick!

Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #4  
uli

S/C/G: 85kg/68kg/65kg

Height: 170cm

Congrats to both of you.

I'm sure you or I should say we are on the right way and not just follow this maddnes searching magic pill to lose weight.

I sometimes still can believe some people believe they can lose weight and still eating burgers.

Love
Uli
uli is offline   Reply With Quote