Old 11-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #1  

Default HELP PLEASE! Food Tracker Program for PDA type device

Hi there,

I'm new here, and I've got a question. I used to have an old school PDA device and I had a nice little diet/exercise/weight tracker program. The PDA died, and my husband bought me a new little Dell Axim X51 handheld (Windows based). I downloaded a trial version of a Diet Tracker program, but it didn't work very well (probably my little handheld's fault?). Anyways, does anyone out there have any recommendations/web sites, etc. where I can find a nice little program for my new device? Or, alternatively, is there a better place on these forums to post such a query?

Thanks much!
Zoelda
zoelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:19 AM   #2  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

I use Calorie King and I love it! You can set your own daily targets for calories and macronutrient groups if you want. It has a really large database of foods, and you can save your own foods too. You can also save groups of foods into saved meals -- that's one of my favorite features.

The website (calorieking.com) offers a two week free trial.

Good luck!
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #3  

Default Thanks

Thank you! I am checking it out right now. This may be just the ticket. I appreciate the reply!

Take care,
Zoelda
Old 11-03-2006, 02:43 PM   #4  
My Incentive Pic

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Height: 5'4"

Default I prefer Fitday!

Ive tried them both and I prefer fitday. I have the downloaded version so that it was one small payment of about $20. Now I'll always have it. I think its easier to use. Fitday.com
littlegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:53 PM   #5  

Default Calorie counters continued

Well, I went to CalorieKing. Downloaded the Pocket PC version to try, and it won't install on my pocket PC. It should though, so I've emailed their customer support. I also went to FitDay, and, while it looks cool, it is PC based. Not for me. I need something portable that works on my handheld. I emailed FitDay though just in case they offer a pocket PC version of anything or I somehow missed it on their site. SIGH. This is harder than I thought it would be!!!!!

Thanks!
Zoelda