PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #1  

Default Birth Control & Clomid

I have PCOS and need to lose at least 100lbs. My OB decided to try something new this time and it is taking birth controll pills for two months and then clomid days 3-7 the third month. Has anyone ever been told to try this? I just wanted to know if it was successful or not. She told me that we would try this a couple of times but after that I have to go get injections.
carebear630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:08 AM   #2  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

Good luck with this. I haven't heard any thing good or bad on this.
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I haven't heard of this. My doctor put me on birth control (Yasmin because she said it had the most sucess with PCOS) and about 4 months after that she put me on Metroform to help bring my blood sugar down. It is down from 107 to 92 last time I checked it so it seems to be working. Good luck and let us know how it works.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:47 AM   #4  

Default Yeppers!

Hello,

Yes, I have heard of this! I am currently in medical school and this is something that has been mentioned in our women's health course. It works to decrease the current ovarian cysts to improve your chance of ovulation with or without clomid! Hope this helps

-Michelle
HopefulCA is offline   Reply With Quote