Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #1  

Default Exhausted on Weight Watchers

Hi All. Ive been so tired lately and Im wondering if Im just not getting enough points. Weight Watchers gives me like 22 a day. Dh calculated it out to only about 1100 calories a day. And I run off about 180 calories every day. Ive always done good on weight watchers but Im just so exhausted lately. When I get down to 150 pounds they say to only have 20 points but that seems like nothing. If I eat my flex points I usually gain weight. Should I be eating more?
Old 10-13-2006, 01:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 142/138/115

Height: 5'2

I would say that if you are excercising and feeling exahsted, you should add in you weekly flex points, maybe just a couple a day, or use your activity points on the days that you do excercise. I ended up useing my flex points (all but 8 a week) and started varing my points up and down each day, becouse eating exactly 20 points a day was making me feel wore down, and I wasnt losing, actually I had a small gain. Everyones body is different, so sometimes even when your mind is telling you that more points mean less weight loss, it's not necasserily true. Have you read the sticky at the top of this board about "The Wendie Plan"? It's very interesting.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:50 PM   #3  
banned

i vote yes and im w your dh on the cals.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I don't usually eat my Flex points unless there's some kind of special occasion, but I do eat my activity points. I didn't at first, but when I stepped up the intensity and duration of my cardio, I realized I needed those extra calories desperately. I've still seen a consistent 2-pound loss each week. The Wendie plan seems like a good idea too, and I plan on trying that if I ever hit a plateau. 22 points doesn't sound like enough to me -- I get 28 and with my activity points I usually get 32. I don't usually eat all those points, but I come close. Also, what kind of stuff are you eating? It could be that you're not getting the right kind of nutrition.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

First off here is a generalized chart W/W put out for average calories per points:

20 points = 1150 calories
22 points = 1250 calories
24 points = 1350 calories
26 points = 1450 calories
28 points = 1550 calories
30 points = 1650 calories
32 points = 1750 calories
34 points = 1850 calories
35 points = 1900 calories (Weekly Points Allowance)
36 points = 2050 calories

Remember this is not always true but a good guide and DOES NOT include the 200-250 calories a day W/W built into the program for free veggies.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:51 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMahfoud View Post
And I run off about 180 calories every day.
Are you calculating and eating your APs?

Quote:
Ive always done good on weight watchers but Im just so exhausted lately.
Have you had a physical lately to see if there is an underlying medical problem.

Quote:
If I eat my flex points I usually gain weight. Should I be eating more?
My first question to people who say this is how long did you try to use your FPs? If it was not consistently for at least 3-4 weeks I say do that and let your body adjust. Even if you show a slight gain for a week or two. My second question is have you used them in the past or not? If not you need to let your body adjust to realizing that it can eat more and still lose.

My final few questions people usually say 'duh well yeah' for answers but when they first look at it they say nope....

1) calculating correctly - for a year I calculated a 2 point muffin until I realized that 1 serving was only 1/3 of the muffin it was actually a 6 point muffin
2) 8 Good health guidelines followed? -- Dairy products? Oils? Protein?
3) Water
Closed Thread