Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 09:24 AM   #1  

Default Glazed Carrots (Simply the Best)

These were great! In fact I had a wonderful dinner of a Pork Tenderloin cooked in my GF Grill (8 minutes), new potatoes cooked in the crockpot all day on low, and these carrots.

4 tsp reduced calorie margarine
1/4 red onion chopped (I used onion salt... children didn't see onions that way)
1 T fresh lemon juice
2 tsp honey
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt (omit if using onion salt above)
4 carrots, sliced and steamed (I bought the crinkle cut ones in produce department and steamed in the microwave while I made the sauce.)

In a medium nonstick saucepan, melt the margarine. Add the onion and cook, stirring as needed, until softened. Add the lemon juice, honey, cinnamon and salt; cook, stirring constantly, until heated through and well mixed. Add the carrots and toss to coat.

Serves 4: 74 calories, 2g Total Fat, 3 g Dietary Fiber
1 Fruit/Vegetable, 1 fat
1 Point per serving (123)
(Add 1 Winning Point for carrots)

I don't cook carrots often, but this was a keeper at my house, even with teenagers. Slightly sweet, but not syrupy. Very easy to make with things you probably have on hand. Hope you'll try them!
Old 03-25-2003, 11:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Is this 2 Pts per serving?
Closed Thread