Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 12:29 PM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 10/9 - 10/15

Starting the topic. Be back a little later.

Happy Columbus Day!
Judy
Old 10-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Two more pounds for a total of 37 lost! Yay! And my pants are so baggy I'm tripping on them today!
Old 10-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #3  

Lisa thats just in time to get to buy new clothes for the cooler weather Grats!!

I've been doing better this week but I havent been journaling every day. I'm improving and getting more into it, but its been difficult. Especially without having fresh fruits and veggies around to snack on. Unfortunately, fresh produce was not in the budget this week. I just got paid, so I get to go grocery shopping this week for more healthy foods. Getting paid monthly sucks in case anyone was wondering :P

Today I didnt eat much for breakfast - only 2 points (bad me) and I had to get to the bank, so I went through McDonald's for lunch. It was a splurge, I know, but I planned ahead and counted the points. I did have to figure in 2 extra points for some of the sweet tea they mistakenly gave me instead of unsweet! Darn this living in the south! But I think I'm on track for tonight. I still have 13 points left for today. I even bought myself a side salad from mcdonalds to go with my dinner and a fruit and walnut salad for later tonight. I think I am doing well. I've drank half my water so far today and looks like I will get all my dairy and veggies in.

I'm not going to worry about the scale right now as much as I am going to worry about following my WW plan. Getting my water, veggies, dairy, and vitamin in everyday and staying within my points. I figure, its that time of the month right now, if I can stay on track this week, I definitely can next week and the week after, etc.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #4  

Lisa - Way to go on a great loss! That's an awesome total. Baggy pants are great too!

Gina - it sounds like you are doing what you need to do at this point. Good for you for concentrating on your water, veggies, dairy, vitamins and staying within your points! One day at a time, a few days at a time and you're right, it turns into week after week.

I missed my meeting this week - I stayed up way to late and was really a bit sleep deprived so I slept in. Considering the next few days it wasn't a good choice. On Columbus Day (after a very upsetting weekend baseball wise being a Yankee fan) I went to Trader Joe's, hoping to get my FF Chili Con Queso - they were out of it and it wasn't on their reorder list! Of course, that (and the Yankees' collapse) was no reason to get a package of mini peanut butter cups but I did. Over the next few days, Tony and I finished them. I usually counted them and I tried to count all the points I ate but it hasn't helped my sneak peek which is up about a pound. Well, they're gone now and I'm trying to concentrate on getting in my fruit & veggies, milk, etc. Work is good but it has been very crazy and a little overwhelming. This morning I started one of my 2 early morning extra help session (one is Social Studies and the other is ELA) - from 7:45 to 8:15. It might have been better not to take the session on but they needed volunteers and I need the extra $. Well, getting up at 5:20 this morning should ensure that I get to bed early tonight, anyway.

Exercise wise I guess I'm going OK. I just stretched yesterday but I did a yoga session this afternoon which felt good but it's pouring rain which makes for a very achy back. The rain also means there probably won't be a Mets game (I'm a Yankee fan but will root for the Mets as long as they aren't playing the Yankees) - probably just as well as I need a good night's sleep.

I've got to check my work email (never get a chance at work) and do a little preparation for the ELA extra help early Friday morning.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 10-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #5  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Alright, I have to get in the swing of catching the new threads every week. I'm not doing as well w/ exercising as I would like to. I have absolutely no excuse (treadmill, stationary bike, pilates, Tae-Bo) - you name it, I've prob got it. I went out of town for about 5 days. And believe me, that's all you need to blow your routine. Laziness sets in like a stench and holds you back from exercising like a brick wall. Tomm am (clothes laid out) I'm throwing myself on my bike before work and doing my floor exer to start the day off right. I blew my diet (as I admitted on another thread).. I'm on track now, though. Just concentrating on eating a lot of veggies, too (those bags at the groc store that you steam in the bag are awesome for work). You know that Parkay Fat Free butter tastes great on them. I can handle two diff ones w/ a baked potato at work for a great lunch. Any way - wl check in later. Have a great week.. and I can't WEIGHT until Sunday to weigh in!!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #6  

Judy - Sorry about the Yankees and about Lidle, even though he wasnt with them very long. And I know how disappointing it can be when a store doesnt have something they normally do! Especially when you get all excited about having that thing.

Miss_Cretia - One thing that helped me get into exercising was some new, very cool if i do say so myself, exercise clothes. When its something I WANT to wear, it was easier for me to get "into it" than old sweats.

As for me, I've figured out something I'm doing "wrong".

I'm forgetting what I've eaten when I'm not near my tracker. I filled in the rest of last night this morning and realized I forgot about a couple of things I'd eaten! I literally ate them and never thought about them again all last night. Well, it was throwing me off in how many points I thought I had left. And I sat down to think about it - I'm doing this a lot lately. Choosing healthy options, but then forgetting the snacks I ate earlier so I'm still over my points. I need to resolve this ASAP because now I know why I am overeating.

So today I've carefully planned what to eat. I've printed it out and crossed off items on the list of what I've eaten so far and I've planned enough snacks for when I get home, I think. I'm hoping this will help me get back into this even moreso. I've still gotten my veggies, water, and dairy the last few days. Just need to focus on the points more.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Up two pounds this week...which I'm sure has everything to do with abandoning any sensibility over our Thanksgivinig weekend.

Gina, those snacks can certainly sneak up on us. I think you're wise to be preplanning; I'm sure you'll do better now that you've identified this issue.

Lisa, what a great loss! Way to go!

Judy, hope your back is feeling better. What a tragedy re Cory Lidle... You're sounding super busy but happy with the new job. I just got a permanent part time position at the local hospital...essentially 2 evenings per week.

MissCretia - good for you for getting back on track. The prepackaged veggies are a great idea.

How's it going, Carla?

Have a good day!
Karen
Old 10-13-2006, 08:40 AM   #8  

Merry - Thanksgiving is coming up for us in November. Lucky for me, I'm probably going to my mom's and she has been really conscious of my weightwatchers stuff. (at least I HOPE that will carry over to thanksgiving) I'm sure you'll get back on track

Okay so I musta been doing better than I thought. I've lost a pound this week. That really was a boost for me this morning. I was sooo scared to step on that scale. It really helps to get positive results when you are trying to get back in the swing of things.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Yay, teckeygirl!! That's wonderful -- a pound lost forever!

Merry, Thanksgiving is a killer -- I'm already worried about that coming up soon!
Old 10-13-2006, 11:37 AM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

DOWN 1 lb yeeeeeeee hawwww
Old 10-14-2006, 11:01 AM   #11  

Miss Cretia - Good for you for your determination to get back on track both food and exercise wise. So did laying out your clothes help? My goals for the week upcoming are similar.

Gina - WTG on looking for what you have been doing and how you can do better and for the (surprise) loss! I try (don't always succeed but try) to write down what I eat right afterwards because otherwise I forget too. Like you, I also try to track points for dinner early in the day if I can so I know
what I've got left for snacks, getting the milk in etc. Good for you!!!

Karen - Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving! Sorry about the weigh in but I assume your "sense and sensibility" are back now. Mine too (see later). Yes, Cory Lidle was a tragedy; the worst was that there is a 6 year old little boy who lost his father. It certainly puts sports and life into perspective though. You're right - I am super busy and super happy. The new PT job sounds great! How local is the local hospital - will you have a long commute?

Hi Lisa Marie!

Michelle - way to go on your loss!

Carla and Rachel - stop by and say hi!

Well, I finally got myself back to my meeting and while I was going to take a no weigh day, decided that I'd better step on the scale and take the hit. You see, I found myself slipping back into some old (bad) habits yesterday that I hadn't engaged in for a while (while I was losing so nicely). We had dinner a little later yesterday and instead of having a small snack when I got home from PT, I had a little snack, plus another, plus another - well, you get the picture. I really do think it had something to do with the bagels at work. I eat breakfast before I leave for work and don't usually have anything until mid-morning but when I got to work, there was a bagel spread celebrating one of the teachers getting tenure. I took a whole bagel (6 points!) and journalled it but I think that refined carb thing just got me into a snacking mode for the day. That plus my less than stellar week culminated in a real hit on the scale - a 3.2 pound gain. Now my rings are tight so it's probably more like a 2 pound gain but the important thing is that it's gotten my head back on straight so to speak. My parents are coming over later to see the new kitchen floor and we planned to have take-out ribs. I'll still have them (and count them) but I decided that sonce there aren't any good low point side dishes (big surprise!) I'd better make a nice big salad to go along with it. I hope to get in some kind of activity today but since I had PT yesterday and want to get most of my lessons for the week planned today, I may let myself have a rest day and get some good activity in tomorrow.

I also think I need to check in here a little bit more often than I have been. It's hard with being so busy with work but I want to get to my next goal (below 140) by Thanksgiving and getting here more often helps me stay on track.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 10-15-2006, 07:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

I've never posted my weekly weigh in on the forum, but I usually weigh in for the official count on Sunday. This morning I was down 3 pounds for the week! I am noticing a pattern...one bad week (losing 0 or 1), one ok week (losing right at the goal of 2), and one good week (losing 3 or 4). That makes me a little aprehensive about this week! Anyone else notice any patterns to their losses?
Closed Thread