Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:29 PM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 9/25 - 10/1

Starting the topic for the week - be back in a bit.

Judy
Old 09-26-2006, 07:48 PM   #2  

Welcome newbies! Sorry I can't say hello individually but I'm in major catch-up mode due to a new job.

Rachel - WTG on all that activity. I'm glad to hear that DH is a bit better. Please keep taking care of yourself and your girls (which I know you will).

Miss Cretia - congrats on becoming an auntie!

Lisa - congratulations on a great loss and a fabulous total! I think you are very smart to make sure you dit your target points (and it's really OK to throw in a few "flexies.") You don't want your body to get into "starvation mode."

I've been incredibly busy with the new job, all the paper work last week that goes with being a Reading teacher and planning my lessons which started this week. It was great to start teaching yesterday - after all, the kids are what it's all about! I didn't weigh in this week (at my meeting) since it was the Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashana) on Saturday but even with over-eating at my Mom's on Friday night and Saturday, I journalled everything and still have some flex points for the week. I'm back on Flex this week and enjoying the variety. The P/T work schedule lends itself to a yogurt after my lessons end (around 12:30 most days) and a fruit or low point snack on the way home. I'm trying to get my PT stretches in every day (and still going to PT twice a week.)

Carla, Karen, and everyone else who hasn't checked in for a while - a big hello and stop by to say hi!

I'll try to get here more often this week but since I'm still working on getting used to my new schedule and responsibilities, it's been hard.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 09-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #3  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All,

Haven't been around for a while, have I??? Hi to the new folks! Judy, good to see you've been losing still! I finally finished my teaching contract - thank God - and actually have some time to myself now. Mike took the spring and summer off work to work on developing the property, and will be going back to work in a week or two, so I think I can safely say that I'll be a regular poster again!

My weight hasn't changed much this year at all...but then, I haven't been working on losing either. I'm going to do Core for a while and see how that goes. I'm not feeling into counting points all day every day at the moment.

So here I go again!

Karen
Old 09-28-2006, 06:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Judy - Looks like we've both been crazy busy. Belated Happy New Year wishes to you. Did your Rosh Hashana feasts involved latkes? You know I love the latkes. I'm glad to hear that you've started teaching. How's it going so far? Are you doing pull-outs with kids who need a little extra help? I think that would be so rewarding because you're helping kids that might get lost in the shuffle without that bit of extra attention.

Karen - Hey, it's great to hear from you again. Sounds like Mike had a busy spring and summer. I'm not really counting points right now either. I'm following the meal plan I got from the nutritionist at my diabetes education plan. I think I'll start counting again after weigh-in next week.

Hi to all the newbies. I have to go back to last week's thread and catch up. As far as my weight goes. I gained back that nice 5 lb loss that I had over a couple of weeks, but four of it was gone this week (mostly water, I think), so I'm ok with it. I do need to start counting points. I'm finding myself snacking on non-carb like things like cheese far too often.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 09-28-2006, 07:40 PM   #5  

Karen!!! It's so good to hear from you. How nice for Mike to be able to take the spring and summer off to work on the property. WTG on your weight basically staying the same when you were not working on losing weight. It shows that you must have picked up some healthy habits that have taken hold. Although I'm doing a points week this week, I do enjoy Core. I find that I eat a bit healthier and have less problems controlling snacking. It's good to "have you back!"

Carla!! It's good to hear from you too. I figured things were crazy. I'm glad that you've lost most of what you gained. I'm sure counting points combined with the carb/diet plan you got from the dietician (or was it a nutritionist?) will get you losing even more. Mmmm, love cheese and love to snack on it. I found Cabots has a lower fat chedder in 1 pt. individual servings that tastes pretty good and is already portion (and point) controlled. Maybe you can find it around you. No, Rosh Hashana doesn't involve latkes (thank goodness because I love them too) but it does involve honey cake and Mom's cooking in general - and I always overeat at my parent's house. Latkes is for Hanukkah - I wish you could taste my mom's -mmm, mmmm, good! Yes, I do pullouts for kids who either are below average in reading (usually at least a year behind) as well as those who have failed the NY State ELA tests. It is rewarding and I really do love it. I hope that I can help them.

I was having a good week until last night when I went on an all evening snack extravaganza. Still, I journalled what I ate and counted up the points (ouch) and I still have 9 for today and tomorrow. My rings were tight this morning and given all I ate I wasn't too disappointed with the ugly sneak peek. Still, I'm determined to see some kind of a loss this week so I am going to try to stick to my 20 (ack!) target points today. I did PT stretches today but with the weather changing (which makes my back really achy) and going to PT tomorrow, I think that's all I'm going to do. I have some work to finish (easy, administrative stuff) so that should keep my hands busy for a while ;-)

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 09-29-2006, 09:28 AM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Carla - good to tallk with you again! I'm glad to hear you've been working with a nutritionist re your diabetes management. Ah, cheese! I found a nice local skim milk cheddar that's actually tasty. I think I could live on cheese if I let myself. How are John and Ana?

Judy - Good to talk with you too! Your new job sounds very busy, but I'm glad you're happy there! Happy belated New Year. 20 points doesn't sound like much food?! I have a long way to go before I need to worry about 20 points though. How's Tony doing.

I've had a lot of activity in the last couple of days. We hauled tons of logs and split (with a log splitter, no axes!) and stacked a ton of wood for winter. The woodshed now overfloweth! I'm so loving country living. I'm heading down to Vancouver to do some visiting this morning...back Sunday. Have a great weekend!

Karen
Old 09-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #7  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

I dropped 4.5lbs this last WI!! 15.5lbs gone in 3 weeks!
Old 09-29-2006, 03:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Judy - I wish I could taste your mom's latkes too! I've had the Cabot's reduced fat before and it's one of the few reduced fat cheese that I actually enjoy. I'll have to look for the individual portions. I do believe that it was a nutritionist that gave me the diet plan. I'm sending you be strong vibes to stick with your target points.

Karen - John and Ana are fine, thanks! Well, actually Ana is home sick with a fever and sore throat today, but both conditions are improving and she's mending. How's Jen doing?

pgray - Congrats on a terrific loss! I was in your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago - we went to eat at Lucretzia's in Chesterton.

Autumn is definitely here. It's in the fifties today, which isn't too bad, but our furnace isn't working. So it's a bit chilly in the house. I feel like making a big pot of stew and diving into it for dinner, but that would involve going to the store and I don't want to drag Ana out. As for cheese and all of our love for it - I did something stupid yesterday and stopped at the artisan cheese stand at the farmer's market yesterday. Oh my the applewood smoked cheddar is heavenly and we won't even speak of the triple cream brie. I will have to stay away from all things cheese for awhile, I think. No big plans for the weekend other than working my fingers off on that writing job I have.

Have a good one!

Carla
Old 09-29-2006, 06:12 PM   #9  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by cece View Post
Hi all,we went to eat at Lucretzia's in Chesterton.
My full name is Lucretia - so that had to be one dynamite restaurant... hahahaha!!! full of good food!

No big plans for the weekend; just waiting for Sun am for the official weigh in day. Hangin on pretty good this week, Girls. Yes, yes, yes, I'll be an Aunt on Oct 6th (if not sooner). I don't have any children of my own; so I live my "motherhood" through my sister.

Have a great weekend all! Can't "weight" until Sunday morning!! haha!
Old 09-29-2006, 06:13 PM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

im up 2 lbs no more 170's but it's TOM for me so im prying thats it
Old 10-01-2006, 08:20 AM   #11  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Talking Yes!

I weighed in @ 152.6 Girls! I'm so excited! 2.4 lbs is wonderful to me... I made this awesome potato soup yesterday. 4 white potatoes (you boil them first (not hard) and then you have to kinda churn if you have a hand beater) - remember to leave some chunks of potato in it, 3/4 can chicken broth, a tsp of flour (mix this w/ the broth- heated first as to not have lumps), FF margarine, FF sour cream, FF cheese, 1/2 can cream of mushroom soup, black pepper, season w/ salt, garlic powder & a little accent.. Now I did sprinkle bacon bits & parm cheese on top (only because I had extra points leftover for the week); but that's so little points compared.. (This soup tastes like a baked potato but it's soup and it goes farther). I had that soup w/ 93/7 fat ground beef steak seasoned w/ lipton onion soup mix.. Try it, try it, try it.. Lovely meal - even if you're on core - so extra points you have to use. Filling too so you may want to eat this for lunch & not dinner.

I make a lot of soups! They are low in points and are filling (especially now that it's getting cooler). Great for lunch.. Enjoy & have a great week!
Old 10-03-2006, 09:00 AM   #12  
Back on Program!

Hi everyone, I'm still around, just been really busy with the kids and work and such. I am actually off all week because the girls are out for Fall Break this week (never had a fall break when I was in school....). We went to the beach sunday, it was just lovely! The weather is turning ever so slightly cooler. It's nice. We are going to Disney World Thursday night for their Halloween festivities. I think I am more excited than the kids are!
As far as WW goes, I haven't been counting points. I have been trying to make good choices. I have still been exercising. I am hovering between 181-182. I really have to get back on track but oh it's so hard for some reason!
I think because things have been so up and down in my personal life, I am just doing the best I can. Hopefully soon I can get back on the wagon and start losing again.
Closed Thread