Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 07:40 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 9/18 - 9/24

Starting the topic. Be back after work.

Judy
Old 09-18-2006, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

I am new to 3FC. I have been doing the points for about 6 weeks and have had pretty good success so far. I am kind of in a slump now. I have not lost any weight for a few days. I injuried my right knee some how and I had to stop my walking (I was taking daily walks for 2 hours). I am trying to find some kind of exercise that will give my knee time to heal. I could use some suggestions.

Last edited by scalewatcher; 09-18-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:19 AM   #3  

187 loss of 2.5 lbs!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:03 AM   #4  

ChristinaMarie:
Great
Old 09-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Great job, Christina!

I lost 1 pound this week, so now I'm at 246. I probably burned more calories this past week than I have in YEARS, but my body seems to be stuck on this pattern of losing 3 pounds one week and then one pound the next. I'm not complaining -- I hope it continues!!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #6  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Default lost in prev week's thread

Hi All! I'm new to this forum; but definately not to weight watchers. Joined Jan/Feb of this yr @ 170 lbs & went to 150 (now @ 158 after slammin' off of the bandwagon). I'm starting in the morning. I've cooked my veggies and have yogurt, fruit in the bag--- I'm ready... Started my walking last week and starting back w/ My Windsor pilates. SO nice to see another nurse on board.... Wl check in & out for support. I responded in the old weigh in thread.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:37 PM   #7  

Miss Cretia - Welcome! Good for you for coming back to WW, having healthy foods on hand (so key) and for starting back with Pilates!

Scalewatcher - I wouldn't worry about losing weight over a few days. I can't seem to get over the habit of weighing myself every day but I try to concentrate on the weekly number. Do you have an "official" weigh-in day? If not, I suggest you pick one. I find that the scale can vary for so many reasons, not just how I've been eating - TOM, even the weather. I can't think of what kind of cardio you can do with a sore knee but while your knee is healing, how about doing some upper body strength exercises (cans or bottles if n you don't have weights) or some abs work?

ChristinaMarie - awesome loss!

Lisa - congratulations on the pound gone forever. I think it's good to see the patterns in your weight loss because then what you see on the scale is less likely to throw you.

I've had 2 really good days at the new job. The people seems really nice and the FT Reading teachers are just wonderful. They are very helpful which has made the whole thing so much less stressful. The Literacy program also seems very organized and well implemented. My schedule isn't totally worked out yet (state scores are late) but it's basically going to be 5 mornings a week (although the school works on a 6 day cycle -something I have to get used to) I have the upper grades, 4-6, and I started planning lessons today. The job is also closer than my previous job which is really nice.

On the food front, I had a rough couple of nights Sat & Sun but I counted the weekly points I used and had a better evening yesterday (although I was doing work until 9:00). Tonight was an unplanned dinner of Asian take-out. We're having a laminate put on the kitchen floor (where, believe it or not, there used to be awful, industrial carpeting - ugh!) and the job is running late. I had brown rice though (core) so I won't take too much of a hit on points.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 09-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140

Well, down 1.4 this week, but i put my back out on sunday and this is the first weigh in at home I could do today. I am on meds and steriods so I hope that will not put weight back on. I also can not exercise right now. I hope this heals quick because I was doing so good and I was so motivated this time.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:57 AM   #9  
Back on Program!

Default Hangin' on to the Wagon

Hey everyone. Tuesday will be my "offical" weigh-in since that is the day I decided to get back on the points counting wagon. I went to the gym both Tues and Wed, will go for a jog tonight while the girls are at swim practice. I did some weed pulling yesterday too. Still have LOTS of that to do, but today I am working the school book fair from 11:30-2:30. So the weeds will have to wait until tomorrow. The weather today is just gorgeous, the humidity is gone and it's 76 degrees at 10 am. Of course the high is 88, but that feels so much better with no humidity!! Oh I also watered my plants on the porch yesterday to save them from certain death, did laundry, and hung pictures I had been meaning to hang.
DH is much better still, going on 5 days now. Maybe that's why I have been inspired to do more around the house. He is keeping busy and I really think that is helping him with the depression. I know it will come back. I am enjoying this time though and relishing every time he tells me he loves me.
Maybe that will get me through the hard times later...........

Welcome to all the newbies! Everyone drink your water and get some activity in!!
New Grey's Anatomy tonight!! Woo hoo! I didn't get to see Biggest Loser but I DVRd it so I am gonna watch at some point today.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:45 PM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Well i weight'd in today no loss but no GAIN and my TOM is comming anyday so im very happy with that
take care ladies and i'll check in later
Old 09-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 145/137.5/120

Finally weighed in today (it was supposed to be Wednesday). I snacked a lot but still managed to lose one pound. So I feel pretty good about that. Exercised Sat, Mon, and Tues, but was so sore that I didn't go back until this morning. Next week should be better, as I'll make sure i don't wear myself out in class again.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:09 PM   #12  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

I weighed in on the 22nd.. I'm down another 4.5 for 11lbs gone in 2 weeks!
Old 09-25-2006, 07:16 AM   #13  

I had a pretty slow week. Still a bit frustrated because of my knee injury. But I am still exercising as much as I can without walking. I am staying on track with my points. I haven't had much success this week so far on weight loss. I have only lost about 1 lb. Hope to have a bigger loss soon. I was loosing at a much higher rate before my injury. Can't wait to start walking again. That really helps me.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

There's no new weigh-in thread, but I'll just post it here -- I lost 4 pounds this week!! Woohoo!!

I don't think I ate enough last week, so I'm going to make sure I hit my target of 28 points every day this week. I'm afraid my body will get used to fewer calories than I can maintain. I have to make sure my body doesn't freak out when I take in a few more! My plan this week is to do all my cardio like normal every day (except today -- I'm skipping cardio to give my poor knees a break), do upper body and ab strength training 3 times, and hit my points target of 28 and maybe even throw in a few flexies on the weekend. (If I write my plan out, it makes it official in my head).

I've lost 33 pounds!!
Closed Thread