Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 01:41 PM   #1  

Post Need to Lose 200 on WW, buddy support needed

Weight Watchers is one of my favorite Programs. And I know I can lose my weight with it, but I believe emotional support is so important. I started this thread to see if any others out there had as much to lose as I do, and if so, maybe we can support one another.
Old 09-12-2001, 02:51 PM   #2  
Slimwithin

Welcome, Autumn Moon. What a pretty name!
I have about 130 still to go but I try not to think of it that way. It's just too overwhelming. I prefer the WW method of setting your first goal to lost 10% of your total body weight. I'm still working on that goal.
Why don't you join us on the daily thread for 250 goal. You'll be very warmly welcomed, I assure you and find lots of support and encouragement.
LindaBC
Old 09-12-2001, 09:19 PM   #3  

Angry

Hey :waves: Thank you for the warm welcome! I'll drop by on your thread and say hello. I hope you are doing alright in the time of sadness and mourning. Its hard for me to concentrate on my goal right now. Tomarrow is weigh in, and I'm dreading it so bad. I'm tempted just to stay home, but I know if I do then next week it will be that much easier to not go and so on, then I will end up dropping out. So, what are your goals, I mean mini goals. My first is hopefully to get my first 25lbs off, and I hope I have acheived that tomarrow nite. I'll let you know. Have a wonderful nite.
Old 09-13-2001, 06:45 AM   #4  

Angry

Good morning everyone! I hope you all are doing great. I started this thread yesterday, and I'm going to keep it going, even if I have to post alone, lol. Last nite was a rough one for me. I feel I ate everything I could get my hands on, then some. I did manage to feel my way around the site, visit some of the boards, made some new friends, and hung out in the chat room. Very busy nite for me. I have my weigh in today, and boy am I dreading this one. I only like .1 ounce to lose my first 25, but I just know I've gained this week, it scares me to death to step upon those scales. Well I'm off for a bit. I'll check back by later. For all of you that are reading this....post.....introduce yourselfs....take care.
Old 09-13-2001, 07:46 AM   #5  

I found this on another post on a different board, it helped me so much, I wanted to share it with you all.

This is called "Leaving the City of Regret"

I had not really planned on taking a trip this time of year, and yet I found myself packing rather hurriedly. This trip was going to be unpleasant and I knew in advance that no real good would come of it. I"m talking about my annual "Guilt Trip".

I got the tickets to fly there on Wish I Had airlines. It was an extremely short flight. I got my baggate, which I could not check. I chose to carry it myself all the way. It was weighted fown with a thousand memories of what might have been. No onew greeted me as I entered the terminal to the Regret City International Airporot. I say international because people from all over the world come to this dismal town.

As I checked into the Last Resort Hotel, I noticed that they would be hosting the year's most important event, the Annual Pity Party. I wasn't going to miss that great social occasion. May of the town's leading citizens would be there.

First, there would be the Done family, you know, Should Have, Would Have, and Could Have. Then came the I Had family. You know, ol'Wish and his clan. Of course,the Opportunities would be present, Missed and Lost. The biggest family would be the Yesterday's. There are far too many of them to count, but each would have a very sad story to share. Then Shattered Dreams would make an appearance. And It's Their Fault would regale us with stories (excuses) about how things had failed in his life, and each story would be loudly applauded by Don't Blame Me and I Couldn't Help It.

Well, to make a long story short, I went to this depressing party knowing that there would be no real benefit in doings os. And as usual, I became very depressed. But as I thought aobut all of the stories of failures brought back fromt he past, it occured t me that all of this trip and subsequent "pity party" could be cancelled by ME! I didn't ahve to be depreseeed. One thing kept going through my mind, I CAN'T CHANGE YESTERDAY, BUT I DO HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE TODAY A WONDERFUL DAY. Knowing this, I left the City of Regret. and left no forwarding address.

So, if you are planning a trip back to that City of Regret, please cancel all your reservations now. Instead, take a trip to a place called, Starting Again. The people there, the I Forgive Myselfs and the New Starts are so very helpful. By the way, your not's have to carry around heavy baggage, because the load is lifted from your shoulders upon arrival. If you can find this town--it's in your own heart--please look me up. I live on I Can Do It Street.
Old 09-13-2001, 02:22 PM   #6  

Angry

Well I see more of you are viewing my lil thread, thats good....so post up and introduce yourself. So far me and linda are the only ones. This is mainly going to be aimed for those of us on WW who has over 200lbs to lose. I'm going to try and be posting tips and such, and I'd love some advice too. I really need the support. I've joined other threads, but I guess I wanted one. I love to chat with people. And you can never have too much support. I have my weigh in at 6 tonite, I need lots of well wishes for that one. lol. Well I'm going to jet for a few, see you ladies later.
Old 09-13-2001, 08:51 PM   #7  

Thumbs up

I guess this thread isnt going to catch on as fast as I had hoped. Well, I guess this will be my last post, until someone decides to join me. Kind of gets boring talking to myself.
Old 09-14-2001, 08:16 PM   #8  

Smile Never Surrender or Give up

Well I've been considering my last post. I know I said it was going to be my last post, but its not. I dont care if I have to just write and read these alone, maybe, just maybe...there maybe someone out there who might need my words, know what I'm going through and this might help. That its self is a reason for me to keep posting here.

Today has been ok. I didnt get as much exercise or water in as I wanted, but I'll take what I can get. My eating was a lil out of control, but I didnt binge or purge, another great victory for me.

I'm actually going shopping for some new clothes tomarrow, mine are getting baggy, never thought I'd say that one, lol.

Well I'm out. Hope you all have a great evening.
Old 09-14-2001, 11:11 PM   #9  

Talking

Hey Autumn Moon,

You are looking a little lonely here. I think some of us have been really distracted with what's going on this week to notice you there. Please forgive our thoughlessness. We truely are a nice bunch!

Weight watchers is a really good program. It has changed so much over the years and it's so great now. I love a plan with guidelines and lots of flexibility. I managed to lose about 35 pounds last year but hit some rough stuff in my life and gained it all back plus more. I've rejoined twice in the last few months but I just can't seem to get my rhythm back. I'm hoping that I can get myself moving again now that the kids are back in school. I have a 9 year old son, and 3 girls ages 6, 5, and 3. The 3 year old goes to preschool twice a week so she has a schedule also. I plan to get us going to the YMCA regularly again soon. We have a really great one a few miles from my house.

I weigh about 250 so I have a bunch of weight to lose. I'm trying to drop 100 pounds before a Florida trip at the beginning of June next year. That's about 8 1/2 months, I can surely drop a reasonable chunk of it by then. I also have a business trip in about 5 weeks with my husband in Jacksonville. I would like to drop about 15 pounds before then. I'm going to see if I can get a refund on my airline tickets, it's about a 10 hour drive from here. I don't think we want to risk it right now.

Congrats on those baggy clothes, it sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work. I'm just getting started again and I'm trying to do it on my own but I may break down in a few weeks and rejoin. I haven't decided.

I'll catch you later.
Ruby
Old 09-15-2001, 10:12 PM   #10  
wonder mom

Wink

Autum Moon
I am on WW also, have been since April. Lately people are starting to notice and comment and it is great but it took five months to get results to show. The point is this takes time, a lot of time and that is the worst part.

I have found lots of tricks to keep me going and support is a biggie! However when I go to weigh in and the result is even the smallest bit down I do a happy dance-I mean literly right there, next to the scale, I dance a little hip shaking dance. So many people try to down play the effort it takes to loose. You know, the people who get on and off with no expression on their face. What is the point, life is short and we need to celebrate every acheivement. So baby, go weigh in and do a little dance for me!!
Old 09-15-2001, 10:26 PM   #11  

Angry

Wow! What a great Treat tonite when I signed on. I thank you ladies for responding to my post. I dont feel so lonely anymore. -does her own lil happy dance-

This has been a very busy day. Took my lil one to the Knoxville Zoo in Tenn. Its a 3 hour drive one way. Needless to say, I got my daily walk in. I got enough walking in to do me all week, lol. But I love to watch her as her eyes just lite up at the animals, its so wonderful.

My last post, I didnt mean to make it sound like I was saying ya'll werent great here, you are. I love the support. I dont get much from my family. I have lost over 100lbs before, and gained it back, so they naturally assume I'm going to do it again, well this time I'm going to prove them wrong.

I'm thrilled at the weight I have lost, but it does bum me out, no one seems to have noticed yet. I know its going to take alot more for them too, but as long as I keep it up, I know someone will notice,and that will give me another lil boost of motivation.

Well you ladies take care and have a great nite. Oh, and if there are any tips you would like to fill me in on.....please do. I need ALL the help I can get.
Old 09-16-2001, 11:16 AM   #12  

Unhappy A very rough day

Dont you hate those days when you get out of bed and you know things arent going to go your way. Well thats how its been for me. I was woke up by the phone, and it was my granny. Her sister is in town and wants to see me and my daughter. Well I would normally have no problem with this, except for this lady loves to point out just how much I have gained. Like I really need someone to tell me this. So, now if I dont go, then I'm going to get a huge guilt trip from my family, and if I do go, I get to be put down by them. So.....what am I to do.
Old 09-16-2001, 03:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hey Autumn,

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents about your dilemma. Something that is really hard for us to understand and to grasp is that we do not have to let other people rule our lives with either guilt or unkindness. Perhaps you need to set the boundaries of the relationship with your aunt. Maybe she doesn't realize how much she hurts your self esteem when she makes her comments. Maybe she is just plain mean-hearted. If she mentions your weight, kill her with kindness by thanking her for caring enough to notice and yes you are very aware of the situation and are doing positive things to take care of it. Tell her that you'd really appreciate positive support from her or else its a closed subject. If you can, tell her how much her remarks have hurt in the past but make it clear that they won't hurt in the future. Autumn, don't let anyone make you feel less than the great person you are. Be kind and gracious but be firm about your needs of her. Take care.
Old 09-17-2001, 07:33 AM   #14  

Smile

Thanks for the advice Terry!
Yesterday didnt go as bad as I thought, yeah she had her snappy comments, the one that ticked me off was when she told me to be carefull or my daughter was going to be fat like me. I just looked at her and commented on the fact of how she had let herself go.

Her words helped but I pulled through the day without to much damage, besides today is a brand new start. I'm fixing my mother a birthday dinner, and I decided I was going to fix it,so I know exactly how much I'm cooking and what I'm putting in it. Using substites where I can, and if I dont let the family in on the lil secret, they will never know, lol.

Its a new week! Dont you love the feelings of freshstarts. My weighin is slowly creeping up on me, that feeling of dread is sinking in, but I know I do this, I k now just maybe I may shed two more pounds, well a girl can dream.
Old 09-19-2001, 07:26 AM   #15  

Default Good Morning ladies

I hope everyone came through the weekend ok. Me? Well my eating plan was ok, but I got a nasty cold and threw my back out. Blah! I dont have much to say, just wanted to see if everyone was doing ok. Hope yall have a good week
Closed Thread