Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 02:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5`2

Default Meetings

Do meetings help? I have been thinking of going to the physical meeting and just wondering if they are ~better~ ?
Old 08-29-2006, 02:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

The meetings are great.Face to face support is helpful to me anyway.They always have very helpful ideas and recipes.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:43 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

It depends on you and your personality. Some find meetings extremely helpful and others don't. I used the meetings only for weighing and then left.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #4  
banned

i think so. in fact, i think i need to go too.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:50 PM   #5  

I know for myself commiting to go to the meetings really helps me. I promise my self to go every week no matter what. I know for my self I had a couple bad weeks in a row and from some ideas I got at the meetings I found ways of shaking up the old boring way (eating the same things all the time) I was doing the program and also found a little motivation to start exercising again.

So, if you can get to a meeting Great they do help - but if you can't - I've found the support and ideas on this site are great too.

Best of luck to you!
Old 08-31-2006, 04:50 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7''

Personally I didn't like the meetings - in fact I joined weight watchers meetings twice and each time gave up after a few weeks. I didn't like the fact that it was so expensive, the leader never gave talks, the people their never 'grouped' together and they charged for weeks if I missed one. It just felt like a money racket to me......I figured that this was a life change for me and couldn't see myself going to a group meeting for the rest of my life - so I went it alone, I still abided by the ww points but just weigh myself each week and came on here. I found it great and its been 6months so far with 34lbs down!
It depends on the kind of person you are really, for me...it just wasn't right.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:20 AM   #7  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, all! I was just on the ww site to check on meetings as I'm interrested in going once just to get the materials. On the site it says they're having free registration now through October 14th. Just an FYI!
Old 09-02-2006, 03:58 AM   #8  

Meeting? You get what you pay for. If You go in feeling it's a crock then I'm sure that is what you will come away with. But if you go in with a open mind and heart and realise that just because you pay some one at the door and you get a book does not make the difference. What makes the difference is what you put into the the whole experience. If you are a person who would rather just sit and listen to what other people have to say that's OK but sometimes it's good to get conversation going. Talk about what is going on in your life and maybe some one has some input to make your life easier. Who knows. I have been a member, I have been a leader and now I am a member again. I'm finding the experience just as rewarding now as I did years ago before I knew how the company works. I know how hard my leader works to get ready for my meeting . It's not an easy job. Sometime we don't click with one leader so then we need to try another(It's happened to me an number of times). If there is not another. Then I say this "Your leader has been there and Done that". She will have the answers to the questions that you need answered. If not right then she can get the answer for you from her managers by the next week.

If all you want to do is go to one meeting to get the materials by all means do so. But stay long enough to ask questions so that you know what you are doing when you leave.

Hope I have not offended any one that was not my intent.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 238/229/140

Height: 5' 5''

I did WW online and never lost the amount of weight at one time that I am now by attending meetings. I did not have anyone to go with and getting out of the car that first meeting was hard, but I am so glad that I did it.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:50 AM   #10  

I used to hate the meetings so I'd fail everytime now I go with my husband and we went to 4 different meeting times and found one we like. I feel it helps me.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:21 PM   #11  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Definately find one where you like the group and the leader. It may mean going right after work or early Saturday morning, but IMHO they are so important!
Closed Thread