Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-15-2006, 12:01 PM   #1  

Default scare and worried. need help.

Hello, my first time on the site. joined right away. am hoping someone out there can help.
I have rheumatoid arthritis. Have been taking Enbrel injections for 5 years. Also have been taking SlimQuick for the last month. Has anyone taking this diet aide experienced tingling in the toes or feet? Of any sort? I am freaking out because I am afraid that I may have MS (Enbrel has been linked to MS) but I am hoping and praying that maybe the tingling is somehow related to the diet pills. Help? Anyone?
nicholekerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:10 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I have no idea, try searching google or calling your doctor.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:18 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

No matter what the cause, I'd definitely consult your doctor. Nothing should ever be tingling of numb (well, unless something falls asleep ), and you should certainly listen to your doctor before taking the advice of anyone on here. Have you tried stopping the SlimQuick to see if the tingling stops? That would be my first step...right before I called the doctor, that is.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Definitely talk to your doctor or pharmacist. I have found that when my Dr. is hard to reach, that my pharmacist is a wealth of information. Good luck.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:33 PM   #5  

yes, you are right, i was just hoping...
but thank you anyway. believe it or not, i was just at my doctor's yesterday for a totally unrelated reason and didn't mention this situation. he is a little difficult to talk to and of course thinks i am totally neurotic. which...well i am...
Old 08-15-2006, 01:19 PM   #6  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Please don't be so hard on yourself - you've been going through a lot with RA. Your health problem is real - you are not "neurotic". If you are uncomfortable with your doctor to the point that it could endanger your health, I think you should seriously consider getting a new doctor.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:25 PM   #7  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I agree get a new doctor. I hated my doctor - had her since birth, I would only go to get birth control and even then I would try and book that for when she was on holidays. I got a new doctor earlier this year, and he is so much better, and a male, and I just feel so much more comfortable, it really does make a huge diffence.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:01 AM   #8  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

A good doc is hard to come by.. well by that I mean one you are comfortable talking to.

Why don't you try a few new ones, and see how you feel?

Numbness could be something serious, or not so serious. I think they'd have to assess you to be sure. It could even be just bad circulation.

I think it's better to get it looked at, and then you can move on and know what you're working with. You might find out there's a simple way to fix it and then breathe a sigh of relief.

If your current doc poo-poo's you then definitely try another. You don't have to put up with that.

Let us know how it goes.

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:52 AM   #9  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholekerie View Post
yes, you are right, i was just hoping...
but thank you anyway. believe it or not, i was just at my doctor's yesterday for a totally unrelated reason and didn't mention this situation. he is a little difficult to talk to and of course thinks i am totally neurotic. which...well i am...
Hey there!

First, sorry about the tingling..second NEVER leave your doctors with out bringing up EVERYTHING that is concerning you, if he thinks your neurotic, push harder! this is your health, and believe me you DO NOT want it to fail you (this is coming from a 2 time cancer survivor). If he wont listen, find a new one that will...be persistant!! PUSH PUSH PUSH until they give in!!!! this is their job and any doctor that dismisses your concerns needs his licence taken away (IMO)

Third, you said you have R.A.- have you tried anit-inflamatory diets?? part of the reason that R.A symptoms are so bad is that their is a bulid up of taoxins in the body which triggers inflamation. Maybe you could try this for a few weeks it won't get rid of it totally abviously, but it may make it more manageable and since you are trying to lose some pounds this may help with that as well...

Hope all is well SOON!!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:12 AM   #10  

Default from nicholekerie

Everyone is absolutely right. I talked to my family and have already phoned a new doctor and have an appointment with HER in December. My first female doctor. Wow! I am branching out. Really.
December is quite a ways away, but I was happy for the time. Baby steps, you know.
On a happier note. I stopped the diet pills and as of this morning, not a tingle or a zing in any body part!! Maybe I will just try something a bit more traditional, like diet and excercise. Might just be the ticket. You guys are a lovely group. Thank you.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #11  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

nicholekerie

Hey that's such great news! I hope you like the new doc, maybe it's just the boost you need right now

Let us know how it goes and also I'm glad to hear that the pills being gone may have removed your symptoms also!

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote