General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

View Poll Results: When do you usually choose to eat your "food" meal?
Breakfast 1 8.33%
Lunch (Noon) 2 16.67%
Dinner (Evening) 9 75.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 08:05 PM   #1  

Default Success with SlimFast #8 started 09/05/2001

Decided the other thread was too long since it went to page 2.

I haven't been very good about posting but have been busy doing some work on my yard. It seems never ending.

How is everyone doing?

What do you eat for the "food" meal?
Old 09-05-2001, 10:21 PM   #2  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Well today I had pizza with mushrooms and artichokes! It is my treat day. Usually I have a meat and about 1\2 bag of frozen veggies. Sometimes I throw 1\4 cup of rice in with the veggies a few minnuts before theu are done. I toss in some soy sauce and I have a very tasty, low fat, low carb main dish. No butter nessesary. Also sometimes I have a big salad with chicken, steak or tuna in it. I use real dressing not the fat free kind. And yes I am loosing weight!
Old 09-05-2001, 11:51 PM   #3  

Good evening all!

This is my first post, although I have been visiting this site for about 2 years. You all seem like very encouraging and motivating people, so I finally decided to join in. Here is a little bit about me:

I am a 25 year old, newly divorced - and therefore single - mommy of a 2 year old. I also work full-time and am currently working part-time on my college degree. Busy busy busy. I have always had problems keeping my weight under control. I am quite short (4'11) so my ideal weight is pretty low - between 100 - 115 pounds. Ick. I have been up and down several times beginning when I was a high school senior. I am currently at my highest weight ever - 156 pounds. I can't believe I let that happen to me!!! I had some luck with Meridia, but I can't afford it, so slim fast is the way I have decided to go. Since I am so short, my calorie intake needs to be low - I have had doctors tell me 1000 - 1200 a day! That is horrible considering I LOVE food - anything and everything. My ultimate goal is to be 115, but for now, I am setting it at 125. I am hoping that you guys will be able to help me do this thing, once and for all!

Thank you all so much for listening, and good luck to all of you!!!

Mary

156/156/125
Old 09-06-2001, 08:12 AM   #4  

Welcome, MaryBee76.... I like SlimFast because it is so easy. I too am divorced (no kids) so cooking is just the pitts...not that I really every loved it but for one it requires more thought than I want to give it.

CGirl, thanks for your meal ideas.

I have to get more "together" with this meal planning stuff but start a new position at work at a different location on Monday so my plan is to start the new position AND have my eating plan ready to go on Monday.
Old 09-06-2001, 09:24 AM   #5  

I think I have been posting on an old thread I am not sure.

Kathy -- Congrats on your loss. I am so happy for you.

Cowgirl -- I had posted on the old thread 8, about your pictures. You look so good. Did you lose all you weight with Slimfast and exercise?

I am doing pretty good. My exercise is blowing even me away. I didn't think I still had the endurance to run cross country. Especially with the amount of weight I gained. I am up to 6 miles daily M-Thurs. and 8-10 miles on Sat & Sun. I had a upset tummy yesterday so I decided to run one walk one until I did 6 miles. But decided that on the one I ran I would time myself to see what my pace was at slowest, regular strides, and then fast jog. I did great.

My Slimfast is finally making me full when I drink it. At first everyone kept saying that the shakes made them full and I thought either they are lying or just crazy because the shakes were only teasing me. But now 1 month into it, I am full too. Guess my stomach had some shrinking to do

Also, I thnk that my metabolism was a total mess. I had read it can takes weeks or months to really straighten out. And I am seeing changes now after a month on Slimfast and daily exercise. Getting more than 1 meal a day at first made me feel hungry all the time, but now I really don't feel hungry unless I skip a snack.

Plus the energy and other body functions seems to be better and more efficient.

Well welcome to all the new people, congrats to all you losers.

If I ever get up the nerve to weigh I will let you know how I am doing.

Old 09-07-2001, 01:45 PM   #6  

Konrad -- While I appreciate your opinion, I actually like this diet better than any other diet (I have tried them all).

At first I was VERY constipated. But then again I have been dependant on suppositories (2-3 at a time 2-3 times a day) for 10 years, with one decent bowel movement a month. I have been on Slimfast for one month and in the last 2 weeks I have achieved a normal and daily bowel movements and many of the times without the suppositories. Although that is gross and more than you needed to know, To me this is a huge deal and I know this diet was the reason for this change.

I have more energy and when I run more endurance. My metabolism is finally getting straightened out and I am finally seeing weight loss. As for aging faster, that is just completely ridiculous. I look younger now that I am not completely weak and worn out.

This diet is not for everyone. I like it because I like sweets and I feel like I am cheating when I drink the shakes or eat the bars and I feel satisfied. I don't like to eat in the day, but at least now although a shake I am getting breakfast and lunch. I will continue to drink the shakes after I reach my goal.

I started this diet because I would throw up after taking vitamins and I desperately needed the vitamins. This is my way of getting those vitamins and minerals, once I started drinking it I decided to do the diet. BTW, my doctor suggested Slimfast/Ensure as an alternate way of getting vitamins to the one-a-day vitamins that were making me sick.

Everyone has their WOE of choice, but it is not fair to come to this thread and try to discourage us by saying that this is one of the worst diets you can do. Saying that it wasn't for you was enough.

This web page is designed so people and can encourage each other despite their WOE of choice. Some people absolutely gain weight once they get off Slimfast, but that is true for any diet out there. Every diet teaches their way of eating. So when you try to go back to "bad" eating you do gain weight. Again it is wrong to single out Slimfast because this is true for ANY diet.

I don't know what WOE you now follow, but I hope that it is for you and it makes you happy and successful in your journey. I feel no need to be a diet basher, and I am sorry that you do. I appreciate your opinion, but I am going to stick with Slimfast because I haven't felt this good in years.

Good luck, I hope you achieve your goals.
Closed Thread