Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-02-2006, 02:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/see tkr/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Energy Levels

I have a very low energy level. I usually have to push myself to get the the tasks of the day.

I was wondering if those of you who have lost and are maintaining have noticed an increase in your energy level.
MelKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:25 AM   #2  
Hot girl under some fat

S/C/G: Over 250/?/199

Height: 5-5

Personally i do have more energy bc when i exercise i sleep better and have better sleep. Also i have hypothyroidism so i know all about draggin... and also once the weight starts coming off you can move easier. The key is not overdoing it right away bc you get burnt out and quit. Find something you really like and get a buddy. and dont freak out about the minutes, do what you think you can manage. any exercise is better than none. Hope that helps.
blondie728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I have extremily low energy as well...good greif i just feel so heavy and weighted down. When i lost 100 pounds before it is amazing how much more energy i had. Boy do i miss the feeling of being in control of my body as well. As someone mentioned above, when you lose weight you actually move better, easier...i totally agree. I am so clumsy and out of balance when i am this heavy. WHen i was thinner i never bumped into doorways, tripped down steps, etc. I know it sounds silly but i guess when i am this big i just misjudge my body or something.
I am trying to exercise but that couch and remote control look so good after a hard, stressful day at work. I know i feel better after i exercise, so i try to at least walk the dog...then i dont feel SO blah. I need to get on my elliptical...that is when i feel the most energy, about 30 minutes after i do that. It is almost too hot to do anything down here in TN though...that is my number one excuse...shame on me.
Stacy
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:22 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

I have SO much more energy! My current workout scheme looks MAD! I couldn't have possible done it 60lbs ago, I used to huff and puff walking up a little hill - now I still huff and puff but I'm usually going at it like a rocket
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I have so much more energy, but I credit it to my switch from processed junk to whole foods. I used to fall asleep in my office nearly every afternoon - not anymore! Tons of energy, I feel fantastic. But, I really made an effort to completely overhaul my eating - no more fast foods, fried foods, packaged baked goods. I cut back on booze, sugar, desserts, full fat cheese. Big change, big reward! Considering how I used to feel and how I feel now, I wouldn't trade it for all the McDonald's french fries in the world.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I talked with my doctor recently about this very thing. I was concerned that even though I am at my goal, I still require a daily nap for at least an hour. He said that this is totally normal for me with my health problems and the medications that I am on. I am sleeping 7 hrs. each night. I have noticed that I wake up refreshed from my nap and ready to tackle my daily chores. I do notice that prior to losing weight, that I required 15 or more hrs. of sleep per day. I think some of it could have been depression. The rest was my med's and my health. I feel more energetic each day that I get my exercise in. I used to fall asleep sitting up in my chair while people were talking to me. This doesn't ever happen anymore. Thank goodness.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Yep, mine is meds, sleep patterns, movement patterns (did I move around that day or sit down on the couch), and SUNLIGHT. Excercise makes me feel better temporarily. It's a pick me up.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 283/see tkr/150

Thanks, everyone!

One of the reasons I put off losing weight over and over is because I'm afraid I'll go thru all the effort and still be lethargic. You've given me hope.
MelKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:28 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Melanie .... You will definitely have more energy when you start eating real foods that give you energy instead of sugar and carb laden foods, and get into exercising .... When I eat too much sugar or white foods, pasta or rice even, I go into what I call a "carb coma", I will start yawning and wanting to sleep so badly that I MUST lay down because my eyes get so itchy that I can't keep them open... Keep us posted on how you are doing and good luck!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:46 AM   #10  

Hi Melanie,

My energy levels have gone up a lot since I eat better and excercise. I have found out that for me, the stuff that "burns" easily, like white bread, and stuff with sugar, will make me exhausted after about 15 minutes, and I have to go to sleep if I take them. If I avoid them, i have much more energy.

Also, if I excercise regularly, I have much more energy.

good luck,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote