Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #1  
sjc

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'3

Default hi everyone, new to board

Hi everyone, I am new to this board. I just started ww at home this week, can't afford the meetings (lost my job in April)
I was walking in the spring, but much to hot here at this time and with the kids home for the summer no time.
I was going to the meeting years ago and kept all the materials so I thought I would try again.
Hope to get some support, I lost 17 lbs last year using ww at home and going to TOPS meeting (alot less $) than going to ww meetings but tops meeting times are not working out w/3 kids in sports.

Hope to help anyone I can w/support also.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/186/130

Height: 5'6

Hi

I am new as well, I just started WW online yesterday and its my first experience with true dieting
I would go to the meetings but my dh is in the USN is sea duty so he could be going out to see at anytime and i dont want to spend the money and then not be able to go becuase of childcare
Old 07-26-2006, 03:15 PM   #3  

Welcome to the board I'm not new to this site, but definitely new to WW.

sjc - sorry to hear about the job. I know how difficult and stressful that can be. Especially if you werent expecting it. I think you can do it on your own as long as you keep yourself accountable. I think for most people, thats the main benefit of meetings. I definitely understand the kids in sports thing! I live in a rural area with only one ww meeting one day of the week and its horrible when you are dealing with more than one child to cart around town!

sarah - I signed up for the online thing as well for 3 months, then I'm gonna look at where I am and see if I still need it. I just couldnt envision spending the money on the meetings either. Hope you like it so far. Let me know if you try any of the recipes on the wwonline site and which ones you like/dislike.. I'd love to know
Old 08-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 253.8/252/170

Height: 5'9

I am also new. Good luck to you!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'3

Smile another newbie

Hi, I have not actually joined ww yet. I plan to do so this week or the next. I am wondering if tst better to do the online thing or go to meetings? What does anyone else think? I am a mom of two little boys age 3 and 1. I also babysit two othe rlittle ones both 1. So I am busy during the day and find myelf just grabbing anytihng I can quickly get to get me through to dinner . I really need to do something b/c I have been just gaining alot lately and I just need something to follow. Also I have to stand in a best friends wedding next year...yikes...hainvg two kids has not improved my figure hope to meet some great people here and I'm sure I'll find lots of useful information when I learn my way around
Old 08-07-2006, 01:28 PM   #6  

I think it depends on you. If you can afford the meetings and can make them at a time convenient for you, I'd suggest going at least for the first couple to see if it is for you.

From what people tell me so much of it depends on if you like the leader or not. A lot of people do better with the meetings for accountability and support. I'd go to them if they were at a place/time I could get to and I could afford it. I'm having to cut corners wherever I can financially right now.
Closed Thread