Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2006, 06:53 PM   #1  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Default Plateau Question

Is it possible to hit a plateau after just the first four pounds?

I seem to be stuck even though my calorie deficit has been about 1300 eveyday. Should I have not seen the scale move? I mean, I know I am too anxious but Ive been at this for 3 weeks with no movement on the scale!

I exercise everyday - often twice a day. I measure or weigh everything that goes on my mouth and keep excellent track of calories taken in and burned.

Im going to go crazy! My goal was to look great on my 30th Birthday, and its coming up on August 2nd, and Im gonna look the same!
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

It happened to me, too. I was stuck for about 3 weeks. However, the only thing that was stuck was the scale--I did lose inches, just not pounds. After the 3 weeks, I started losing again, and did several weeks of 2 pound losses. I'm back to 1 pound or less loss per week now, but that's okay. I still have months to go to get my goal (I would like to be at goal in November or December). Just don't give up!!!! Keep going and you'll get there!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:04 PM   #3  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

I think everyone is different.. maybe switch a few foods around and it might give your body a shove it needs. Depends too, maybe you're just holding onto water or something?
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:10 PM   #4  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

How would I know if I am holding on to water?? I drink about 8 glasses a day. I have to or I would dehydrate, I sweat alot during my workouts.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Everyone's different and it's possible to plateau for a while and then lose several pounds. Weight loss isn't linear.

Also, compared to many of us, you don't have a lot to lose, and may, in fact, be close to a good weight for you. When you're close to goal, weight loss does take a while.

Finally, do you do any weight lifting? Lots of women find that its not their WEIGHT that's the issue, but the amount of fat. Perhaps weight lifting would help you look trimmer, even if you weighed the same. One pound of fat occupies much more space than one pount of muscle (and somewhere around here is a picture!), which is why trading out fat for muscle can trim you down...

Check out Ladies Who Lift in the Exercise forum for more info...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote