Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-05-2006, 09:28 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default My Wierd Worry

This is goign to sound so bizarre. OR at least it does to my friends and fam.
I'm totally comfortable with having the surgery, the way I'm going to be eating. I'm excited to be getting healthy and having less/no physical pain.The thought of being thin Freaks me out. not in a self sabotaging way. But I have no point of reference for it. The smallest I've ever been was a 10/12. So I can see regular size 16 or 14 Kierie in my head but the potential for size 2 Kierie is Baffling (My sister got to a size to and then came up to I think an 8) It makes me really nervous.
I asked My sis about this and all she said was "it's good"
How did you guys handle your self perception?

Thanks,
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:09 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Well, I haven't really thought about it LOL. I worry about so much in life that this is one thing I'll deal with when it comes.

I hope you won't worry to much Kierie and just enjoy the ride
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:18 AM   #3  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

I'm sorry this is going to be short, but I'm on my way out of town. I just finished reading a book that addresses what you are talking about (& much more). It might help. The book is written by a lady who lost her weight without the surgery, but the issues are the same. "Passing for Thin - Losing Half My Weight and Finding Myself" by Frances Kuffel. It is a very honest accounting of what fat feels like & the hard adjustments to being a normal weight (not a size 4, but normal)
Loodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #4  

You are not alone. I've worried about the same thing.
Suchaclassylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:37 PM   #5  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Your worries are not in vain. This is a very real concern in my experience. 11 years and 1 baby ago I lost 55lbs getting into a size 4/6. This was extremely uncomfortable for me at the time. I was 23 or so and lost it so quickly I had no real mental adjustment time. I had always been size 13 or better since puberty. I maintained a size 8/10 for 6 years or so until my horendous divorce. But that's neither here nor there. I found myself looking in the mirror and blankly staring at the skinny chick standing there. It was definetly strange.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote