WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 03:53 AM   #1  

Default What if points can't be calculated?

My favorite restaurant doesn't have a nutritional menu... I have asked and they looked at me like I just grew another head. It's a mom and pop style Indian restaurant. It is not traditional Indian either and I can't find it in any of the cookbooks. The tradition they said was Mughali. I've never heard of it and apparently neither has most of the internet! (It's a real hidden jewel though... fabulous food.)

What do you suggest I do for counting this? I normally eat very, very light on days I plan to eat here. I'm alloted 32 points, and I leave 28 for the Indian. I don't know how else to do it.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:40 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Since you've eaten you can guestimate to the best of your ability how much of each ingredient is in there and figure the points. Once in a while being off a few points either way will not make or break your weight loss efforts.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

BTW Mughali is a cuisine not a specific recipe:

http://us.geocities.com/NapaValley/6927/indm.html

and

http://www.indiaexpress.com/cooking/mughlai_index.html

may help you find a recipe that is close to help figure points
Old 07-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Some of the restaurant choices should be in the WW books (the extra ones you buy I think it's in both the Food Companion and Eating Out Guide). The WW site, may have a few more. There are also a few private sites where WW members have figured the points on their own and listed them (which you may have to take with a grain of salt).
Closed Thread