Old 06-28-2006, 12:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Default feeling hungry tonight

Hi guys--
I'm feeling hungry tonight. That's not the usual. I've thought back over my day to see if I shorted myself, and I'm pretty sure that I didn't. Then, I did a HALT. Am I Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired? I know that I'm tired. I just said my abstinence prayer and gave my hunger and food over to God. I also talked to my sponsor about it.

I'm feeling better, but don't like the experience of being hungry.

Marny
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:07 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Marny, I'm glad you were able to think things through last night. I know it must be a real effort, but it sounds as though you're getting better at being mindful.

I find the whole "feeling hungry vs not feeling hungry" issue really confusing. I mean, we're not living in caves anymore. We have food readily available. (as opposed to living on our fat stores until we hunt down some buck)
I never want to get to the point of feeling hungry, because I spin right out of control. While others say you shouldn't eat UNTIL you're hungry.

Okay, I'm just blathering here, Marny. Sorry... I just poured my first cup of coffee, and I'm not fully all-there.

Did you get enough protein in your diet yesterday? What about TOM... is that coming? I usually feel hungry more often during TOM, and I know many other people who have said the same thing.

Anyhow, congratulations on sticking to it, Marny.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Hey Ellis--
Yep, I'm sure I got enough protien. That's one of the great advantages of eating in "The Zone"...I know exactly how many grams of protien and carbs I've eaten in a day.

I'm feeling back to normal today. Just had my yummy breakfast, a tall glass of ice water, and I'm almost ready to face the day.

Thanks for the support. It means a lot when you write back. It lets me know that I'm thought about.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Sometimes when you feel hungry it's actually dehydration...or maybe cravings, or both. When i feel hungry, but I'm not quite sure, I have a giant glass of peppermint iced tea/crystal light. Satisfies my thirst and my tastebuds...then if I'm still hungry I grab something healthy.
AmberKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 126/170/130

Height: 5'5

what is the prayer? maybe i could start using it. i find myself eating and not even remembering when i started to eat what ever it is i ma chewing, and only sometimes am i strong minded enough to spit it out. I rarely eat out of hunger, its usually boredom or stress.
please share your prayer.
shawnamom is offline   Reply With Quote