Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 01:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Thinking about WW...

All my life I have struggled to lose weight - losing 50 here, 10 there but then gaining it all back. I have been around friends that have joined WW through the years and am familiar with weigh ins and the points system, but have never joined myself. Can someone give me info on about how much joining costs, about how much weekly meetings are (do you go only once a week?...more? if more, does it cost each time?) If you miss a week does it cost you? I saw somewhere where you can purchase 10 weeks or so at a time?
What do you get when you join? I am assuming it's the scale for the points, a restaurant points book and a recipe book?
Any help would be great! I have to do this somehow!!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:58 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

I don't know the costs and such since I do WW at home, but I just want to say you're going to love WW! It is so flexible, and with planning ahead, all meals at reunions, weddings, and other events are totally do-able.

Now, hopefully someone else will jump in with the info you need, lol.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:04 PM   #3  

That's what I am hoping, that it's do-able...things in the past have been do-able with A LOT of will power, but I know that what I was eating was "too diety" and cutting out ALL of the foods I loved made it hard. This sounds like I should be able to stick to it because I can go into a restaurant and actually order something off the menu.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

I have been going for 6 weeks now. I think it was $110 for either 10 or 12 weeks. I can't remember which. You have to pay each week. If you pay on a week to week basis it is $12. You can have a free week that you don't have to weigh in, but you still have to pay.
Go to the Weight Watchers web site and put in your zip code and it will give you a listing of all the Weight Watcher's meetings in the Memphis area. The meeting at the Bartlett office is the area office and has the most meeting to offer.
There are a lot of helpful people there. They give you weekly planner to write down your meals. A slide to figure out your points and a general book for points for food. I purchase a separate bigger book with points and they have a restaurant guide you can purchase. You can also go to alot of on-line sites that have Weight Watcher's points for foods. Also this website has a lot of recipes with the points values.
I have a couple of soups that I love to eat on. I make a big pot at the beginning of the week and eat on it for lunch or dinner through the week and I usually make at least one casserole a week to eat on and then I supplement with other foods. I don't have a husband to share with so this makes it easier for me.
It really is a flexible program that teaches you how to eat right and begin a lifestyle change. To make it the most effective, you have to remember that it's not a diet, it truly needs to be a lifestyle change to get and keep the weight off.
Anyway, good luck. If I can help you in any way, let me know.
Donna
Old 05-30-2006, 06:41 PM   #5  
banned

if u go to the ww site and plug in your zip, itll give u locations n pricing
Old 05-30-2006, 09:48 PM   #6  

Default Message to Piperboo

Just DO it!

WW is the best program around ...ask your Dr. It's very successful, and something that you can stick with for the rest of your life ...it's a 'live it' not a diet.

I've lost over 100 pounds, and have been a lifetime member for over 3 years.

The cost in my area is $20.00 registration fee (3-4 times a year, there is no registration fee ...check www.weightwatchers.com to check for your area), and $12.00 a week to weigh in. You can go as many times during the week as you want ...free (I don't know how that works if you weigh-in ...but I know it's free if you want to go 'get encouraged'). There are 2 different programs you can do ...flex and core. You can switch back and forth (weekly) between the two, and both are very 'liveable' ...you'll like them! You don't have to cut out ANY foods that you like ...portion control is what it's all about ...and choosing to eat healthier.

Give it a try! I wish you success!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #7  

I definitely think I will. Thank you all so much for the info (and the push!!)
Old 06-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #8  
In it for life!

I've been on WW since the end of January and have lost 31.8 pounds and I have to say this has been the easiest way for me to get rid of the weight. I haven't felt deprived or starved at all. And when I do get those "cravings" I have to decide is what I'm wanting to eat worth the points that I'm willing to give up. It's usually not. You'll love it that you joined!!
Closed Thread