Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-24-2006, 02:47 PM   #1  
Shar

S/C/G: 280/149/140

Default Yesterday

Well ladies (hugs to you all!)
Yesterday I had all of my stiches and my feeding tube removed at the dr's office. It wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. The feeding tube had me real worried (pain) but it was more uncomfortable than anything and not at the skin level, it was more where the end was (in the intestine). It was way longer than I thought too, like 14 inches (WOW). I go back in 3 weeks. I've been on stage 2 for the last week and now he wants me to stay on in until I see him again on June 13th. Does this seem like a long time to be on stage 2 to anyone else?? I thought it was like a 2 week stage, but maybe I was wrong. Anywho... He put op-sites over part of my large incision...the bottome part. The top has pretty much healed closed. But they way they put them on, I still can't just take a shower (oh how I miss just standing in the hot shower with the water spilling alll over me... it's been so long). SO I'll have to tape a garbage bag over the incision to take a shower today. I was hoping they would've done a better job, but when they fall off, maybe I'll can do it a bit better. I just don't want to waste the supplies they gave to me, which are supposed to last the next 3 weeks.
I did end up going to GNC yesterday after my appt and tried out some of their protein drinks. I ended up buying the Amplify in vanilla creme. I guess mostly because I can add stuff to it to make it taste different (chocolate, peanut butter, blended fruit, etc.) if I get bored with it... also because you can mix it with water, milk or juice (milk for even more protein).. I guess that's it for now. I'm trying to get as much down as possible but it just seems that the 6 cups of fluids a day is IMpossible... and I'm just not hungry enough to eat anymore... that's another reason I got the protein powder stuff.

Oh yeah down to 232 so that's down 48 lbs!!

I gotta run, lots of love to ya'll for all the support!!
Hugs
~Sharmel
USAFwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #2  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

Wow, great weight loss, heck of a way to lose it tho huh? I'm glad you're feeling better! Good idea to get the vanilla protien that you can mix with whatever, that's what i did with the chocolate (I used FIT365 tho) and it helped. I guess they have you on phase 2 for what must seem like forever since you were soooo sick!! Take care of YOU!!
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:27 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Glad your feeling better and congratulations on the WL !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:37 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

oh sharmel - it's so great to read that you're doing SO much better. it's been such a huge long miserable haul for you. and congrats on finding a protein powder that'll work for you.

gotta add a caution or two, here. watch the carbs! fruit is great to blend in, but make sure to use low-carb fruits, keep the carb grams to 15 or under [and that includes fruit plus milk plus whatever's in the protein mix], and focus on fruit that's low on the glycemic index. that means: berries are FABULOUS, and pineapple probably isn't.

and as for the fluids. there's no really gentle way to say this. drink them. do whatever you have to do, but drink them. you need it to heal. you need it to function. you need it to flush out your kidneys from the higher protein load. you need it to flush out the metabolites from your rapid weight loss.

DRINK YOUR WATER.

ok. nagging over. here's a big
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote