Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-15-2006, 01:55 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Diet History Question

Hi
I'm workign on my diet history dates amounts lost gained back how far should I go back?
Thanks
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:07 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

as far as you can remember! i went back to high school..
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

is it ok if I skip some years The first 1 was age 7 then 9 then 13 and so on
Old 05-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 312/288/165

Height: 5'4"

Skipping years are ok. They basically want to see how many times you have really tried to lose weight and what programs or means you used to do it. Like Jiffy, I went back as far as high school.
debo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:25 PM   #5  

Skipping years is fine. I mean some years you just don't diet, right? I went back as far as my early 20's because that is when my weight problem started.
VeggyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Shoot I've been dieting since I'm 9 years old.... I agree with Jiffy, go back as far as you can, every diet you can think of.

Remember Ayds (the candy), grapefruit diet... thats what I did when I was 12 The more you write, the better.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:20 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

oooh i thought i was the only one around here who remembered Ayds! and i was on the stillman diet in high school. anyone remember that one?
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:08 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thanks Ladies:
Below is just a rambling so I can write this out coherently tommorrow at work to show my primary. I have dieted for 2/3s of my life!
I talked to my mom tonight and got the "skinnY' cough on my young diet adventures
8-12 I was on a Dietician sanctioned diet from the hospital that took care of my CP stuff if anything I gained on that
12-13 I did Weight watchers lost 10 pounds
13-14 Jenny Craig I gained 15 pounds! (and the food if you could call it that was unbearable)
15-18 low fat T-factor ish diet Stasis By the end I lost 10 pounds before prom and *drumroll* it came back I was 175 at graduation
19-21 Extremely low calorie diet Low fat I ate maybe maybe 1000 calories over the course of it I got down to 160 then went back up to 180
Summer 1997 I found Adipex P which ripped my stomach up badly but didn't do anything to help at all
(I'm not going to include this part)

at 22 I found lane bryant and figured being chunky was ok if i looked cute
I ate normally not crazy and still small portions but no extreme dieting
that coupled with some female probs had me at 225 in the spring of 2000
I did nutrisystem and lost 34 pounds ( perhaps due to their dogfoodesque food?)
I was a really cute dimpled 191 ( i have great dimples)
that stalled ofcourse and I went off Nutrisystem
by spring 2001 I was back to 220 and found Meridia
ahhh Meridia that which made me lose 10 pounds and go BatCrap Crazy (it interacted with my BC poorly) same story I went off of it the weight came back
Xenical I must be one of those rare people I followed the plan to a T and was so constipated I couldn't go to the bathroom at all
My diet Doc Decided that I had PCOS (which I aws tested for this year and came out NEg) and gave me Glucophage Did Nothing
ahhh Summer 2002 the Summer of Atkins (aka Kierie have a piece of bread before we shoot you!)
I did atkins and I lost 20 pounds however I also was a raging Witch from Heck
same story I went off of it gained it all back
Then I began working with the health center at my college and was going in weekly to weight in I went from 217 to 206 fall 2002-fall 2003
then! Weight watchers winning points I was on it from October 2003-June 2004 I lost a whopping 3 pounds
Then I got married gained back 4
I started WW Again January 2005(this time Core/flexpoints) at 207 and lost 5 pounds I still have the book mark and gained back 2
in Summer 05 My husband and I started south beach which we are still on
I lost 15 got to 189 in oct 05 (on the day my gram died actually) Went back to plan in Nov and still I'm back at at least 200 as I type (I'm getting on the scale tommorrow)
I can't exercise enough I'm in pain all the time and I feel my joints getting well funky will have to describe it.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #9  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

Whew! I loved reading this post. Made me laugh. I think you have a good 'history' documented there. I'd personally leave the humor in for the insurance reviewers...but that's just me. Good luck!
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 277/134/140

Height: 5'4"

You have about 3 times more than I did on my history. I just couldn't remember that far back and I was in my late 20's before it started getting out of hand. and in my 40's before it got outrageous ! I agree, the more the better.
magi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:43 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I remembered every stinkin diet I've been on since I'm 9 (and I'm 41)..... each one like a thorn in my side LOL.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote