Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-15-2006, 02:57 AM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default legs

whats teh best way to shift weight from your upper legs? Im quite happy with my lean and tender stomach, I still have huge handles tho. grrrrr
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:06 AM   #2  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Well you cant really shift weight but you can tone. I have this workout video that Denise Austin does. It's called "Personal Training System" She has a lower body workout section for low, med, and high. Depending on how hard you want it. I've noticed my thighs are getting alitte more toned since doing it. Maybe you could try something like that.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:04 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

squats, lunges, walking lunges, deadlifts, leg press, kickboxing...

Oh and just FYI - don't believe the spot-reduction myth! Yes all these things will build great muscle in your leg - but it won't burn the fat from that area, only cardio significantly burns fat, that and plate-pushaways and fork-putdowns
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

My thighs and calves are becoming 'thighs of steel' worthy from bike riding!!!! My husband reached over yesterday and sorta squeezed my thigh to tickle me, and said 'wow! Now, don't flex'...lol...I was like, I'm not flexing, it's at rest! He couldn't believe it....lol. The fat luckily decided to melt away some from my thighs to show off the new muscles!

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/173/140

Height: 5'8

Kim that's awesome! My bf just came back from an 8 day business trip and did something similar with my tush. I was showing him the new pants i had bought while he was gone and he said turn around again and i laughed and he said no seriously- and so i did and he reach out to touch it and said ok stop squeezing it and i said i am not and he was very impressed with the reduciton /firmness- then he said something about a quarter bouncing off of it- hehee - the pilates, elliptical and step aerobics on the bosu ball are really starting to show-
crownshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Crown, that's great! Makes ya feel good huh? I think I'm surprising my husband as well as myself! I've always been rather soft, but he was telling his mom about me eating right and exercising, and he actually said 'her body is really getting tighter'! I've never been described like that! LOL. Felt great!

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote