WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 03:20 PM   #1  

Default ive been on this for 8 weeks and i weigh more than when i started please need advice

so i started this diet at 129.4 and today i am 129.6. i have been on this diet for 8 weeks! i dont have much to lose but im not paying to gain weight and yes ive posted up here about what i eat each day and i have gotten some help, but apparently this diet isnt working. yes i get in my fruits, veggies, water, exercise, and eat those extra points. im just so frusterated i just dont know what i am doing wrong . 8 weeks and to weigh more than what i did before i began is ridiculous. does anyone have any advice?

Last edited by emarie; 05-13-2006 at 03:52 PM. Reason: spelt a word wrong
Old 05-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

If you are going to the weight watchers meetings i suggest you sit down and talk to the group leader.If you have been tracking honestly she can go through your logs and see what is causing you to not lose.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:29 PM   #3  

i have done that a few times. they have told me to drink more water, eat all my extra points, and this week its eat more fiber
Old 05-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #4  

I had the same problems. I would either gain weight, stay the same, or gain and lose the same couple of pounds. I have done WW for a long time without success. Many have success with it.. but I have never been that lucky.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

dear marie.. I feel your pain and frustration as I am there too.. but what I have found that is the ONLY thing that works for me is I HAVE to exercise.. and mix it up as my stubborn body has gotten so used to what I do.. eating and exercise.. so do u exercise at least three times a week. not just a leisurely stroll either.. a fast paced walk or bike ride would be great starts.. Kim
Old 05-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/171.6/139

Emarie,

I know how frustrated you feel. Can we be nosy and get a little more info? What age group are you in? How much do you need to lose? Have you gained and lost week to week or stayed the same?

I am 47. As I have gotten older it has gotten much harder to lose weight. I need to lose at least 50lbs. This was my first week back and I have only lost 1.4lbs. The closer I get to goal, the slower I know I will lose. You lose faster when you have more to lose. You say you have been exercising. It is possible you have been adding muscle mass faster than you have been losing fat? Maybe you could go to a different WW meeting if possible and talk to a different leader. Sometimes another opinion is helpful.

This is my second round of WW. I lost 55lbs the first time. I didn't lose every week. I never lost more than about 2lbs in any week. I stayed the same many weeks. Some weeks I gained, even though I was following the plan. There are so many things that influence individual weight lost. Just hang in there and you will see results.

Terry
Old 05-13-2006, 08:17 PM   #7  

I did the points thing at WW when it first came out, at the time they gave out all the litreature on the first meeting so I only went to the class once and I did it myself Im not exagerating when I say that i dropped 60 llbs in 5months! I ate all of my points, saved them and would have a treat once a week and the weight did drop off alot quicker than I expected. What helped for me though is by adding alot of veggies to my main meal and eating alot of my own homemade veggie soup. Like others have said I would have a word with your class leader and see if they can give you any tips. Its the leaders job to make sure that you are losing weight especially if your comitted.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Height: 5ft, 4.5in

Hi emarie,

I've tried skimming through your past posts to get an idea of your points use and exercise plan. It sounds for all the world like you're following the plan to a T. And since you're still in High School, it sure isn't menopause You're eating a lot of processed foods and lowfat stuff, but the weight gain/maintenance shouldn't be water retention because you've been eating in a similar manner for the past 8 weeks. Before I officially joined WW I was following the 50 yard view (counting points but not doing the 8 healthy guidelines) and eating some crappy stuff. I still lost about a pound a week all the way down to my goal of 134 pounds (5'4").

It's a longshot, but you could see your doctor about the sudden weight gain that prompted joining WW, and then the lack of weight loss with WW. If I were you I'd bring your food journals and weigh in book for the past 2 months in with you, so she/he can see what has been going on. There might be a medical reason (hormonal, vitamin deficiency, etc.) that your body wants to gain weight.

My other idea is, since the school year is coming to an end and things will be less hectic, try switching to the core plan. I love the idea of core, the whole foods and real meats and never having to worry at the end of the day "do I have enough points for that?" Right now I'm in no mood to make my lunches, so I'm doing Flex and eating Lean Cuisines, but on weeks that I'm energetic and willing to prep lunches on the weekend, it's great!

Third thought, and then I'll shut up: you also mentioned feeling stuffed on 20 points. You're also eating a lot of low point things (lowfat bars, 2 point snack packs, weight watchers ice cream). You could eat more energy dense foods (more points with less volume) like regular granola bars, bread, turkey, etc. Admittedly you would eat less for the same number of points, but it gets around the feelling stuffed issue.

Good Luck sorting this out!

-Amy
Old 05-14-2006, 08:36 AM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by emarie
so i started this diet at 129.4 and today i am 129.6. i have been on this diet for 8 weeks!
How tall are you?

Quote:
i dont have much to lose but im not paying to gain weight
If you do not have much to lose it may be that your body is at a weight it is comfortable and happy because for the most part you have MAINTAINED not realy gained. A .2 gain is usually just a water issue.

I suggest you see the guideance of your physician. Have a complete physical and get his/her suggestion on what your goal really should be.

Additionally it may be that you feel fat because you are flabby. My DSD was like this in school. She wasn't overweight just inactive and thus flabby. Once she started exercising (hers came from Cheerleading and Track) she firmed up and got smaller but stayed the same weight.

Quote:
8 weeks and to weigh more than what i did before i began is ridiculous.
And again .2 is not a gain it is a maintain. W/W allows those at lifetime/goal to be within 2 pounds and consider that a maintain.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:25 AM   #10  
with my mind on my monkey

What were your diet/exercise habits like before you joined WW? If prior to starting you were overly-restrictive, your body may need more time to adjust to the new lifestyle. Assuming you have no medical issues that are contributing to the weight gain, continuing to follow the WW plan should eventually help you lose weight - especially when coupled with regular exercise.

I also agree with the previous poster who suggested that maybe you should re-examine your goals. Are you already at a healthy weight for your height?
Old 05-14-2006, 10:20 AM   #11  

yes im in my weight range, but i used to be 118 and that was what i was most comfortable with. before i started ww i still worked out and i still do. so you can see i have about only 10 pds to lose but it is very stubborn
Old 05-14-2006, 10:48 AM   #12  
Cowboy Up Chick

One more thing have you had your body fat measured? It is quite possible that that you have no fat to lose because your body is mostly muscle since you work out.

Remember that muscle and fat weigh the same but muscle takes up less space because it is more dense.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:47 AM   #13  

You may not be looking at a realistic weight. I'd be so happy to weigh what you do...
Closed Thread