Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #1  

Default Share your WW secret...

that works for you??

I have to have a full meal that satisfy me. Something I crave and will have. So instead of having a full meal for dinner I will have it during lunch. So i have the rest of the day to walk my calories off. . I know most ppls that save up 8pts just for dinner. i do the opposite. I try to have atleast 5-6 pts during dinner with desert. and 30 minutes after i have supper I get on my treadmill. Another thing I do is drink water. I have water right next to me at all time if its not water i have crystal light. ( unless my dh drinks it all! ). and I dont eat after 7pm. If its after 7pm and still hungry I keep telling myself I drink my water or crystal light. lol if im still hungry by 9. I just go to bed and sleep the hunger off.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #2  
my baby with bubbles

S/C/G: 180/152/140

I don't know that I really have secret, I don't "save" any points through out the day, I eat a bagel with spray butter for breakfast or a granola bar, I have another granola bar or strawberries for a snack at 10. then I eat what ever for lunch, like a sandwich or a smart one meal at noon. I do another snack at 3 or so. then I go home do my chores and make dinner, and whatever I have left for points tells me what my portions will be. or if I did more snacking than usual at work it tells me what I can have for dinner. If it is different than what the kids are having, I eat after they are through.

I try not to eat anything after 8 (I don't go to bed till 11 or later) if I can't get rid of the icecream craving when the kids have their icecream I have a WW fudge bar or icecream sandwich.

I drink all my water while I am work, Then what ever I drink at home is just extra, I know that sounds dumb, but I am so busy with three small ones at night that I never got my water in at home. I love crystal light, I do drink that more than water. We have a fridge at work that I just keep the pitcher in.

Because of my wee ones I get up early on MWF and Go to the gym before work. They are sleeping till after I normally leave for work, so they don't miss me and I still get to spend my nights with them.

One of my favorite munchies is red bell peppers, I mix them with green and yellow ones too, but they are sweet and crunchy. I love em!
Old 05-11-2006, 02:19 PM   #3  

I also don't touch my activity point that I earn. I earn about 3-6 a day depending on my mood. And with the flex point. Im still new to WW so what im planning on doing is. Using my Flex Point once a month. instead of once a week. So when we have family time. For example if we go to the drive in I will use it during that time.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:29 PM   #4  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

paw_1981x - you may find that by not eating your flex points your weight-loss will stall after a while. They are there to be eaten. Just my two cents but I don't think I'm the only one who feels the same.

Some of my "secrets":

*baby carrots - can't live without them.
*bell peppers - I'll cut them up at work and eat with my sandwich as chips.
*oatmeal - the real kind, not instant. I place 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup in a ziploc bag, throw in some cinnamon and take to work. I keep about 6 or 7 of them at work with me. Each morning I put my oatmeal in a disposable paper bowl, heat it up in the microwave with water (about 2 1/2 minutes), spray a little ICBINB spray on it and mix in about 1.5 teaspoons of brown sugar splenda and it's a pretty good breakfast)
*working out after dinner - I know it seems counterintuitive, but if I know I have to work out on a certain day, it makes me not eat as much at dinner because I know I will be running on the treadmill later on.
*I also drink all of my water at work - it is much easier, mainly because there is always cold water available in the Ozarka machine
*I love the new light yogurt smoothies (I think they are by Dannon) - they are only 70 calories (right at one point). They are great for me at work because if I have a meeting, they are easy to drink.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:26 PM   #5  

Hi everyone. Since doing Core Ive kind of rediscovered salads and have been eating a large salad with grilled chicken, ham and some lowfat shredded cheese (ct pts, can't find ff yet) and ff ranch dressing, lettace, those little tomatoes, purple onions, croutons (ct pts) and have that a few days a week and Im actually starting to lose. I have eggbeaters (with garlic/onions) for breakfast sometimes and oatmeal or Fiber One. barb
Old 06-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #6  
Health and inner peace.

Hi there. I am one that is "scared" to eat my flex. I am starting to do just that though. I wing it through out the day . I never know what I will feel like eating so I can't plan anything. It works for me. I tend to eat very little in the morning because I am not hungrey. I am working on that too. I know you need to have a good breakfast to start your day and get that blood pumping. I'll have to give more thought as to if I have any secrets.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #7  
banned

someone was looking for ff cheese? do you have a walbaums pathmark or stop n shop? 1 thing ill say is its cruddy if youre trying to melt it but is fine in salad
Closed Thread